• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Unable to use skills

Taena

Wood
I have not been on for a while, but my friend and I logged on today to play for a while. I had forgotten what Items I had my skills bound to, so I put them on new items. I'm a Disciple, so I put Smite on a piece of sugarcane. I did /bind Smite and I got the message that it was bound to the item, but when I try to use it nothing happens. When I type /skill Smite nothing happens. Same thing is happening for all of my skills for my class. I can use /Skill SummonChicken form my farmer, but all my combat skills are not going off.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I have not been on for a while, but my friend and I logged on today to play for a while. I had forgotten what Items I had my skills bound to, so I put them on new items. I'm a Disciple, so I put Smite on a piece of sugarcane. I did /bind Smite and I got the message that it was bound to the item, but when I try to use it nothing happens. When I type /skill Smite nothing happens. Same thing is happening for all of my skills for my class. I can use /Skill SummonChicken form my farmer, but all my combat skills are not going off.

Are you talking about their animations and visual effects? Because a lot have been deactivated. You still deal damage and status effects apply to the target. If that's the case then it's not a bug, visual effects have been taken out of the game for many skills, especially firework effects, but the skills should still work though.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
1. Sometimes binded skils don't go off when they are bounded to things that you can place like sugarcane.

2. WHen you were typing the skill most likely you were not aiming at the target.

Try binding your skills to items that cannot be placed like sticks, sugar, tools etc.

Taena

Wood
1. Sometimes binded skils don't go off when they are bounded to things that you can place like sugarcane.

2. WHen you were typing the skill most likely you were not aiming at the target.

Try binding your skills to items that cannot be placed like sticks, sugar, tools etc.

I bound one of my skills (Smite) to a fish. A fish can not be placed. I was targeting a zombie it took no damage. I did the same with an iron bar and a feather. Nothing happened.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
You can eat a fish thats the thing. but the iron bar and feather should work

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
You are right clicking correct? Make sure you are doing /bind smite. I was fairly recently a disciple and in fact had smite bound to a fish, so it should work. Also i would double check that you are in fact a disciple (i know it sounds basic but you never know).