• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Townships Bug Collective.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This thread will hopefully serve to collectively post the various Townships bugs currently around. @alexhoff1 @WitchOnaRampage @Alator @cindy_k @Anyonewithbugs @Anyonewhohashelpedwiththecode

If you have a bug please post it like this:

Buildings affected:
Bug description:

If they're no buildings involved, simply describe the bug as best you can.

Soul Items:
Philosopher: producing an item that isn't being refined by a factory. @xMJay
Soulpress: Flower pot is not counting (Wondering if this is soulpress specific since my recently made cryptographer works fine)

Building Specific:
Cabal: Can't be created @realmatt10000 Has this been resolved?
Hospital: The hospital region 23x23x23 works well, but the extended 41x41x41 is bugged, doesnt allow players that are not in the region to build in it, they can destroy, but not replace @Naxet91
Hospital: Heals every ~14ish seconds instead of every 2
Warehouse: Sends wrong item to shacks.
Warehouse: Does not always send items to regions.
Warehouse: Does not send some reagents (Paper does not go to hospital, Soul items do not to proper building, placing random items in the middle chest sometimes causes them to be sent to chests inside the warehouse region (Not the middle chest))

Non-Building:
In general, the 1.8 fences/doors/fence-gates do not count as building requirements
Possible Tax bugs still
Possible income errors
Home regions not upgrading
Home regions eating reagents but not giving money

Last edited:

Ruger392

Obsidian
You should add my houses and shacks and chalets reagents are being tooken but no money is being given im just loosing money daily

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You should add my houses and shacks and chalets reagents are being tooken but no money is being given im just loosing money daily
What do you mean? They are taking reagents but aren't producing money?

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
ive been reporting bugs to witchy, i think she has a couple of private convs. with almost all the active town owners

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
Shacks

Placing a Shack over another shack needs a block inbetween or it say yore too close to a region...
this doesnt with shacks build side by side.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I mean exactly what I stated. For example I put carrots into shacks, when the plugin takes the carrots I still get no money

And everyone else who's thinking along the lines of:
  • not getting income from buildings
  • losing money from bank instead of gaining it
This is tricky to track because atm town owners can't yet get reports of (1) all the regioned structures within their SR and (2) transactions into and out of their town bank.

If you're thinking something dodgy is going on, please compile the following information and post here or in a pm to me. We can't figure out what's going on, really, until you do. Thank you.

Outgoings:
  1. Tax amount for your town tier
  2. Any possibility of withdrawals by owners
Incomings:
  1. Every housing region name and id# you have - ie shack id 666, manor2 id 142, etc
  2. Tax rate set on town members, and number of members (note this tax isn't pulled from owners, just members)
  3. How many dragon eggs you have in your town hall's chest
  4. Any possibility of deposits from town owners/members
And:
  • Check your town balance every 24 hours and note how much it is changing by.
Remember:
  • For housing of chalet and above, do not fully stock your center chest with reagents - there needs to be at least one space (it looks like the empty buckets go in before the other inputs are taken out).
Thank you!

@Teslanut

Ruger392

Obsidian
And everyone else who's thinking along the lines of:
  • not getting income from buildings
  • losing money from bank instead of gaining it
This is tricky to track because atm town owners can't yet get reports of (1) all the regioned structures within their SR and (2) transactions into and out of their town bank.

If you're thinking something dodgy is going on, please compile the following information and post here or in a pm to me. We can't figure out what's going on, really, until you do. Thank you.

Outgoings:
Incomings:
  1. Every housing region name and id# you have - ie shack id 666, manor2 id 142, etc
  2. Tax rate set on town members, and number of members (note this tax isn't pulled from owners, just members)
And:
Remember:
  • For housing of chalet and above, do not fully stock your center chest with reagents - there needs to be at least one space (it looks like the empty buckets go in before the other inputs are taken out).
Thank you!

@Teslanut
How do we check for the region name and id

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Stand in the region and do /whatshere, or hit a block in the region with coal.

I'm not in game to verify atm but both of those methods hopefully will give you the region name (ie shack, chalet2, etc), and the region's ID number (somewhere between 0 and 1250).

realmatt10000

Legacy Supporter 5
I can confirm that cabals are still broken. My town is also glitched again (no longer generating income) but I am 99% sure that the glitch is caused by gold mines and/or warehouses. My town was just fine until I loaded up my warehouse chests with iron pickaxes. Only 3 out of my 4 gold mines generated anything. I thought that was odd and just waited for it to work... it didn't. Then when taxes ticked my gold mines were still not working and I gained no income. Still got taxed heh. Hopefully @hilltim1 and @Alator can devote their time looking at warehouses and gold mines to see if they are responsible for this glitch.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I can confirm that cabals are still broken. My town is also glitched again (no longer generating income) but I am 99% sure that the glitch is caused by gold mines and/or warehouses. My town was just fine until I loaded up my warehouse chests with iron pickaxes. Only 3 out of my 4 gold mines generated anything. I thought that was odd and just waited for it to work... it didn't. Then when taxes ticked my gold mines were still not working and I gained no income. Still got taxed heh. Hopefully @hilltim1 and @Alator can devote their time looking at warehouses and gold mines to see if they are responsible for this glitch.
Taxes seem to have broke for a lot of people as of the last patch

realmatt10000

Legacy Supporter 5
Well, I have a warehouse and my taxes seem to work. It's hard to tell if houses produce income/players get taxed etc though
Do you use that warehouse? My town got fucked up the moment I put iron pickaxes into the chests. Because of that I cannot pinpoint whether it was the warehouse or gold mine's fault.

*Edited to add more information

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Do you use that warehouse? My town got fucked up the moment I put iron pickaxes into the chests. Because of that I cannot pinpoint whether it was the warehouse or gold mine's fault.

*Edited to add more information
Yes, I use mine.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@realmatt10000 @Watermelon_01 @BoDuhal @Alltownowners

I refer you all to my post above. I know it's long, but please read it. (Actually, I'll duplicate it below)

TLDR:
  • "Taxes break" or "Towns freeze" after every fortnightly patch. Actually they almost always come good again within 48 hours and often start ticking over at a NEW time each day. Not the old time. So if you town doesn't tick within 48 hours of a patch THEN report it.
  • If you suspect regions in your town aren't "working" or your tax is wrong, please do a town audit (see below) so we have information to consider. I have found, so far, that JUST ABOUT EVERY PLAYER who has vaguely said "my regions are broken" has discovered their problem in the process of undertaking a town audit.
HOW TO TOWN AUDIT:

If you're thinking something dodgy is going on with your town's operation, please compile the following information and post here or in a pm to me. We can't figure out what's going on, really, until you do. Thank you.

Outgoings:
Incomings:
And:
Remember:
  • And yes, some region types are bugged. Chalets seem to have problems upgrading, goldmines stop working at some stage, I suspect when they hit auto-upgrade point.
Thank you!

AND YES, the plugin would be a WHOLE LOAD EASIER TO MANAGE if it generated bank statements and region lists for town owners.

@Kainzo @hilltim1 @devotedworker @alexhoff1 @cindy_k @minimike96

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I can confirm that cabals are still broken.
Yup, the bug with the biome name for mushroom island has yet to be patched. This should be a very simple fix. I'm currently experiencing considerable frustration finding someone who can actually change the configs.

My town is also glitched again (no longer generating income) but I am 99% sure that the glitch is caused by gold mines and/or warehouses.
Did this "glitching" start within the last 48 hours? If so, please refer to my post above about what seems to happen to Townships with each fortnightly patch.

My town was just fine until I loaded up my warehouse chests with iron pickaxes.
This could of course be coincidental - did you do this just within the last 48 hours? - but do keep an eye on it, please. There does seem to be some items the warehouse won't transfer - I believe paper and some/all of the soul items. So please gather info on this, realmatt.

Only 3 out of my 4 gold mines generated anything.
Many players have reported issues with GoldMines, yes. Is it possible the gold mine that is NOT producing is the oldest one, or at least the one that has operated most? I suspect they hit auto-upgrade point and stop working.

Then when taxes ticked my gold mines were still not working and I gained no income. Still got taxed heh.
This does not compute. GoldMines don't produce income. Please do a town audit as I've described in the previous post.

BoDuhal

TNT
I just modified my power obelisk, the redstone was energized, now i re-positioned the redstone were it is not energized and the town ticked., also emptied out all the house chest and found 2 of my houses that had evolved had both bread and carrots in the chest.
My goldmine has evolved and is working, my iron mine is working, my soul factory, my soul collector, soul shop are all working now!, power was added back to the town.
will keep updating post here if any issues arise!

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
@WitchOnaRampage

Warehouse Update:
Only the REAL center chest sends items (Can't be a double chest, seems any region that takes an item in can't be a double chest, by this I mean ANY REGION THAT HAS REAGENTS has to be a single chest)

It sends: All food, Potions, Books, Paper, Water Buckets (Assuming all reagents will work)
Not Tested: Soul Items

One thing I noticed: It send multiple of things to a region (My chalet receives Bread AND Melon, despite only needing one)

They will fire randomly and end up sending a ton of stuff to chests in its own region. I suspect this why people think it doesn't work.

Also, @WitchOnaRampage or @devotedworker can you clear the difference between Reagents and Inputs? I assumed Reagents were NEEDED to have the region function, while inputs were eaten. However, Chalets and other homes all have their inputs listed under reagents too. Could this be causing an issue?

Last edited: