• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Townships 3.0 / Heroes Changes and MythicMobs! 10/27/14 6PM CST

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Greetings Heroes!
[USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12]@Moderators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
We will be rolling out Townships 3.0 to the Minecraft PVP server (then later to PVE). All Township 2.0 regions will decay on Nov 7th. If you are unfamiliar with the abundant amount of changes to Townhips, please read hc.to/townships.

Heroes changes will also be coming in, these changes are aimed to change the scaling from level 1 to level 65 to decrease the gap between players and focus more on skill and gear planning. This is the first step to improving gameplay between time invested.

MythicMobs will be releasing in a very small form, we will be adding randomly spawned bosses to all servers. Each mob will have a chance to spawn a boss mob that may drop better loot, more exp and what have you. The level expansion for mobs for PVP and PVE will be disabled during this time as we live-test MythicMobs.

Last, but not least, we have made Backpacks work server wide - so Central and other servers will transfer items seamlessly (thanks @mung3r!)

Thanks to [USERGROUP=15][USERGROUP=15][USERGROUP=15][USERGROUP=15]@Coders[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] and everyone for helping with these changes and we always value and appreciate your feedback!

FAQs:
  • Will current towns get refunded?
    • Yes, mayors who petition will get 50% returned to help create their new Township
  • Will there be any towns destroyed?
    • Yes, Nov 7th, all towns will have their regions removed from Townships 2.0
  • When will this be pushed to PVE?
    • When we have a config base setup and its been thoroughly played with on PVP.
  • Can mayors have the Old regions removed earlier?
    • Place a petition with the township name/location and they will be removed earlier.

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
How does the township plugin change over work? we get our money back or what?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
We will refund mayors 50% of their town cost.
Just souls? Because a ton of harder to find items like emeralds/sapphires/peridots went into making the towns as well.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just souls? Because a ton of harder to find items like emeralds/sapphires/peridots went into making the towns as well.
Just souls at this time.
I presume this will have to happen within the time frame before the town regions decay correct?
And for people who want to build where their current town regions are, can we have them removed before the decay date?
Yes - the mayor can request the Township 2.0 regions be removed.
And here I was thinking that this was going to be released on Halloween. Oh well.
We have an event going on and didn't want to "Clash" dates.

There's a new FAQ's up on the first post to answer questions.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Two more quick questions.

1. Is there a way for users to get half of the money in the town bank back? Because some towns about to upgrade might have lots of souls in there.

2. Can we pe an extremely inactive town to be removed? I'm talking about ones with less than 5 members or with owners/members that haven't been seen in months.

mung3r

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
MythicMobs will be releasing in a very small form, we will be adding randomly spawned bosses to all servers. Each mob will have a chance to spawn a boss mob that may drop better loot, more exp and what have you. The level expansion for mobs for PVP and PVE will be disabled during this time as we live-test MythicMobs.

@devotedworker @Phoenix_Frenzy I found that when you hit a MythicMob cleanly, you automatically get injured. Is this intentional? If so, I find it rather odd - it's a weird game mechanic. Just my 2 cents.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
@devotedworker @Phoenix_Frenzy I found that when you hit a MythicMob cleanly, you automatically get injured. Is this intentional? If so, I find it rather odd - it's a weird game mechanic. Just my 2 cents.
I believe you are mentioning the "Bleed" mechanic. I don't understand its purpose to be completly honest ( During testing it killed me a ton -.- ), I would assume its intended to damage the player after they are hit by the mob, simulating the actual bleed of an injury. Phoenix? Is this its intention?

mung3r

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I believe you are mentioning the "Bleed" mechanic. I don't understand its purpose to be completly honest ( During testing it killed me a ton -.- ), I would assume its intended to damage the player after they are hit by the mob, simulating the actual bleed of an injury. Phoenix? Is this its intention?

Yeah, that would make sense if you "bleed" *after* getting hit. This type of game mechanic is familiar since it's similar to how some of the skills behave. But I find it odd to "bleed" without getting hit first.

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
Yeah, that would make sense if you "bleed" *after* getting hit. This type of game mechanic is familiar since it's similar to how some of the skills behave. But I find it odd to "bleed" without getting hit first.
The intention was so that people wouldn't rush and just kill a mob within a short amount of time. They are intended to give awesome rewards (which I would like to know what the players would like to see), but I don't want someone to kill it off without a true fight and the reward have some worth. I will decrease the percentage of it tho.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Mayors - make sure to petition for your refunds from Townships 2.0.

Boss mobs and Minions will be adjusted - Bosses are geared for 3+ people and will be adjusted accordingly. Minions should be soloable (like regular mobs but with skills).