• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Township Question

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Just a quick question...
How exactly does housing, soul collection/factories/shops, tax, and councilrooms work?
I looked on the wiki and read what it said but I'm not sure if the info is up-to-date. Also it was kinda hard to understand what it was talking about (since I'm a noob about townships).

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Just a quick question...
How exactly does housing, soul collection/factories/shops, tax, and councilrooms work?
I looked on the wiki and read what it said but I'm not sure if the info is up-to-date. Also it was kinda hard to understand what it was talking about (since I'm a noob about townships).
Lets go in order :p

1. Housing - Each member has to have a house, as each house raises the Max # Of Members by a certain amount, so if you want more members... make more Houses ( The Basic one is called a Shack and its 7 by 7 by 7 )

2. The "Town Trade Route" - A system where 2+ towns can trade products to earn 500s * # Of Trade routes. To start one one town needs to make a "Producer" Which produces a raw item, a "Refinery" Which refines it, and in the other town they need a "Shop" Which gives back 500s each day. This works because all 3 Steps can not be in the same town.

3. Town Tax - A tax taken from the town bank by the server each day, so deposit money in there

4. Member Tax - An Optinal Tax that you can set as town leader which takes a certain # of souls from the Town Members Bank and puts it in the town bank.

If you need any more help please let me know :D I love this plugin and I will be happy to explain it :p

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
One more thing, the "tax" that the council room takes for each hour of existence (what the wiki said), is it really that much? 'Cause I did the math and for every day it will cost me like 2,000 souls just to keep the central part of the town. How is it possible to pay for that without over-taxing the members? (BTW I'm talking about the Hamlet town size)

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Lets go in order :p

1. Housing - Each member has to have a house, as each house raises the Max # Of Members by a certain amount, so if you want more members... make more Houses ( The Basic one is called a Shack and its 7 by 7 by 7 )

2. The "Town Trade Route" - A system where 2+ towns can trade products to earn 500s * # Of Trade routes. To start one one town needs to make a "Producer" Which produces a raw item, a "Refinery" Which refines it, and in the other town they need a "Shop" Which gives back 500s each day. This works because all 3 Steps can not be in the same town.

3. Town Tax - A tax taken from the town bank by the server each day, so deposit money in there

4. Member Tax - An Optinal Tax that you can set as town leader which takes a certain # of souls from the Town Members Bank and puts it in the town bank.

If you need any more help please let me know :D I love this plugin and I will be happy to explain it :p
Will trade routes be like physical roads, if so will they be raidable? Sorry if the first part of the question is a little confusing.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Will trade routes be like physical roads, if so will they be raidable? Sorry if the first part of the question is a little confusing.
Omg Love the Icon you have <3 #PokemonFanForLife

Anywho, trade routes isn't an actual road, its a nickname for the action of trading "Trade items" such as Soul picks or Soul Books which can be sold to the server for profit. ( Generally most trade partners pay half of the money they get from the server for the items so its fair )

Here are the steps that can be done to make a trade route

[Devoted's Town] --> Makes Unrefined Soul Book
[Devotedworkers Town ] or [ Alator's Town ] can refine Unrefined Soul Book
[ Alators Town ] Buys the Book for 250s
[ Alators Town ] Can sell Refined SoulBook to the Sever for 500s
Both towns are now happy :D

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Omg Love the Icon you have <3 #PokemonFanForLife

Anywho, trade routes isn't an actual road, its a nickname for the action of trading "Trade items" such as Soul picks or Soul Books which can be sold to the server for profit. ( Generally most trade partners pay half of the money they get from the server for the items so its fair )

Here are the steps that can be done to make a trade route

[Devoted's Town] --> Makes Unrefined Soul Book
[Devotedworkers Town ] or [ Alator's Town ] can refine Unrefined Soul Book
[ Alators Town ] Buys the Book for 250s
[ Alators Town ] Can sell Refined SoulBook to the Sever for 500s
Both towns are now happy :D
Okay, thanks for the help! :)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
One more thing, the "tax" that the council room takes for each hour of existence (what the wiki said), is it really that much? 'Cause I did the math and for every day it will cost me like 2,000 souls just to keep the central part of the town. How is it possible to pay for that without over-taxing the members? (BTW I'm talking about the Hamlet town size)

That is not really a tax. If you placed the redstone reagent in a councilroom chest, it will produce power per hour while charging you money. It's an emergency thing, and not meant to be kept up forever.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
That is not really a tax. If you placed the redstone reagent in a councilroom chest, it will produce power per hour while charging you money. It's an emergency thing, and not meant to be kept up forever.
Oh how I wished I had learned of this sooner. I made a town this map and someone told me that putting red stone in the council room chest is required or else your town will go down. I lost 5k overnight. Damn you @Salary22

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Oh okay, so the council room is only there to back me up. If its not in use it takes no money?
Correct. Just like many of the structures that produce something, without the reagents and inputs they will not consume money and/or power.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9

I know it's hard to get your head around everything, but the Townships 3.0 Guide page says this:

"However, you might not want the region to be operating at all times, so you might chose to leave the chest unstocked. For example, a council room can be used to generate power for the town, but it is expensive to do this and this feature might only be used at a time of power emergency. At other times it would be best to leave the chest unstocked. Also, enemy regions can be disabled by removing the reagents from the region chest."

It's not supposed to be tricky or hidden. That guide (in fact all the Townships 3.0 stuff in the wiki currently) was written (by me) while Townships 3.0 was in test and from info I picked up from the developer, other players, and a little bit of my own play with the plug-in. You can see the limits of my understanding in that the last line, to my mind, contradicts the rest of the paragraph... Can anyone please explain this to me?

All suggestions for improving the Townships 3.0 info in the wiki as we get more experience are very welcome!

Salary22

A frightening Cactus!
Oh how I wished I had learned of this sooner. I made a town this map and someone told me that putting red stone in the council room chest is required or else your town will go down. I lost 5k overnight. Damn you @Salary22
It cost 5k in making of the town (which I payed back) I had redstone In chest when first started but removed within 12hrs after devoted told me not too. did it somehow take more money off you recently?

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Okay, I have a few more questions for you all:

1. As far as making a house, shack, etc. does the profit made to the town (20s for a shack, up to 40s for a house) bill itself to the player/hero that is a resident of the region or does it bill itself to the server/console, giving the money to the town without any cost to anybody?

2. There is a list of maximum regions that can be built in a certain town type (wikis) but for regions such as quarries, can you make a mossy cobble gen. or something else that says Village+ (does the "+" refer to a requirement for towns or a min. rank)? Also, I notice that a Tribe can make 1 mine but all the mine regions say Hamlet+, the rank higher than a Tribe.

3. How do mines and quarries work (as well as farms)? Do they actually alter the landscape requiring you to replant/move the region, do they make you work them (mining them out), do they regenerate the blocks (ores, cobble, etc.) or leave them gone forever (but taken in the town's name), etc.?

4. Are taxes a required part of a township? I.e. can a player actually live in a town without paying a soul? For example if it was a group of friends that recruited someone else to help pay for the town but they only wanted that person to pay, not anyone else.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Okay, I have a few more questions for you all:

1. As far as making a house, shack, etc. does the profit made to the town (20s for a shack, up to 40s for a house) bill itself to the player/hero that is a resident of the region or does it bill itself to the server/console, giving the money to the town without any cost to anybody?

2. There is a list of maximum regions that can be built in a certain town type (wikis) but for regions such as quarries, can you make a mossy cobble gen. or something else that says Village+ (does the "+" refer to a requirement for towns or a min. rank)? Also, I notice that a Tribe can make 1 mine but all the mine regions say Hamlet+, the rank higher than a Tribe.

3. How do mines and quarries work (as well as farms)? Do they actually alter the landscape requiring you to replant/move the region, do they make you work them (mining them out), do they regenerate the blocks (ores, cobble, etc.) or leave them gone forever (but taken in the town's name), etc.?

4. Are taxes a required part of a township? I.e. can a player actually live in a town without paying a soul? For example if it was a group of friends that recruited someone else to help pay for the town but they only wanted that person to pay, not anyone else.

1: It goes to the primary owner of the region. Use /to setowner (player) while standing in the region to set someone as it

2: + means that or higher, and Mines are Hamlet +, there's some incorrect in game info, if you see make /pe and it'll be taken care of. If you already unlocked something that can't be made due to incorrect in game info, also make a PE and you might be able to get a soul refund.

3: Mines and Quarries break the ores and place them in the chest (From what I understand about them, we haven't used one yet so Im not 100% sure.) Farms simply auto generate the crop into the chest. You can harvest what is planted around it as long as you don't remove the required number of plants

4: Taxes are not required. You can set taxes to 0 and as long as someone places money into the town bank, your town tax will be paid.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I'd like to re-ask this question because I am not sure it has been answered the way I had hoped. I don't mean where the souls go, I mean who do they come from. The server/console? A player that has been assigned to the house (much like a tax that isn't town-wide).

In addition, another question (Man I have a lot of questions to ask :p):
The wiki states that anything outside of the "township ring" is not protected but I have been told that the super region that is a town has a square shape, as the town sizes would suggest. Is the "township ring" information just outdated or is there something that I should know about this?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'd like to re-ask this question because I am not sure it has been answered the way I had hoped. I don't mean where the souls go, I mean who do they come from. The server/console? A player that has been assigned to the house (much like a tax that isn't town-wide).

In addition, another question (Man I have a lot of questions to ask :p):
The wiki states that anything outside of the "township ring" is not protected but I have been told that the super region that is a town has a square shape, as the town sizes would suggest. Is the "township ring" information just outdated or is there something that I should know about this?
The money comes from the console.

And as for the rings: regions are squad shaped. The rings show how far in each direction the region can go.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Thanks mini
1 more question I forgot in that last post:
I know that towns have a max wall height of 30 blocks but I'd like to make a sort of castle structure as my walls and I want to know if the towers in the corners count as part of the wall and thus must be the top of the wall?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Thanks mini
1 more question I forgot in that last post:
I know that towns have a max wall height of 30 blocks but I'd like to make a sort of castle structure as my walls and I want to know if the towers in the corners count as part of the wall and thus must be the top of the wall?
Make one of them, then make. /PE for it. There can be exceptions to the rules. (My guess is that as long as the towers aren't ridiculous it'll be ok.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
How does population work? On the wikis it shows that a tribe (for example) has a maximum population of 7 and a minimum population of 1. Is it that the 1-7 is a base level applying to town members and with each house/shack one builds, the maximum increases by that much?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
How does population work? On the wikis it shows that a tribe (for example) has a maximum population of 7 and a minimum population of 1. Is it that the 1-7 is a base level applying to town members and with each house/shack one builds, the maximum increases by that much?
That is the ABSOLUTE limit, meaning no matter how many houses you make it will cap at 7