• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Township 3.0] Raiding higher tier towns

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
So I don't want towns to have to go underground to protect themselves. I also want them to be accessible to raiders who spend a reasonable amount of resources to get in.

My plan has 3 parts:
1. Make teleporters that port raiders into a town at random locations. These teleporters should be nearly free and can be built anywhere nearby the town. This is to keep raiding easy and discourage underground towns or towns with excessively high walls.

2. Make a forcefield that ejects raiders from town. These should be available at tier 4 (when the poison effect starts getting really expensive). Forcefields should require some materials and can be toggled on/off. I imagine that most towns will have this off usually to avoid ejecting potential recruits, allies, and other friendly non-members. Also, I don't imagine it will be left on as it requires items to run.

3. Allow outposts to build sappers which can disable the town's forcefields. These structures will be temporary and reasonably priced. Sappers will announce to the server when they have been built and which town they are targeting.

So what do you think? Any better ideas?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think a town should be able to completely build underground if that fits the style of their town.

I disagree with the "nearly free" cost. It should either cost souls or some reagents to create. Such a device shouldnt be "free" to use and shouldnt last longer than a little while.

Sieging idea seems fun and fine - in practice it may be a bit clunky to use so I'd like to see it on test or something similar.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
I think a town should be able to completely build underground if that fits the style of their town.

I disagree with the "nearly free" cost. It should either cost souls or some reagents to create. Such a device shouldnt be "free" to use and shouldnt last longer than a little while.

Sieging idea seems fun and fine - in practice it may be a bit clunky to use so I'd like to see it on test or something similar.
Yes of course towns should be able to go underground. I just want to make it so that does not give them an advantage.

ok. In that case I may make tier 3 towns protected against ender pearls to prevent excessive walls. That would help justify making the raidporters cost money.

EDIT: in fact, I could get rid of forcefields and sappers if I disabled enderpearls in towns.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I hate the idea of forcefields, especially if the teleports aren't cheap, people will toggle the forcefield on and off just when needed to shoot the raiders that are inside out.
Decrease the allowed wall size to like 12-15
If a town is being sieged by an outpost increase the time it takes blocks to regen from TNT to like 20 mins but make chests take multiple hits, only if there is the outpost though.
I don't like the idea of teleporters because:
1. it would separate you from your group allowing you to be picked off easily
2. you could either get stuck or ported into a chest room.
3. I teleport, they turn on poison and im not a healer im screwed with no way out

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
I hate the idea of forcefields, especially if the teleports aren't cheap, people will toggle the forcefield on and off just when needed to shoot the raiders that are inside out.
If a town is being sieged by an outpost increase the time it takes blocks to regen from TNT to like 20 mins but make chests take multiple hits, only if there is the outpost though.
3. I teleport, they turn on poison and im not a healer im screwed with no way out

Ya we are still discussing how to balance this out. I HATE tall walls and I want to lower the walls. Maybe we can make it so if they put a force field up then enemies inside the town can stay in, but easily walk out of the force field. I think we can do it so small groups can teleport at the same time. No they will not be ported into a region. We will check to see if they are in a free area and open space. Maybe we could make it so if you teleport in then you can freely escape out or maybe have a region that "jams" the poison. Lots of possibilities.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Ya, if I can get away with it, I will not include forcefields. I do want to use teleporters though so as to neutralize the advantages of building under ground.

It should be an easy matter to avoid porting people into chest rooms or places where they will get stuck. I could even make it so that it ports you into the same place so you stay grouped up (maybe that costs more). Also, poison only works if you're in combat, and they're not likely going to spend 400+ souls just to kill you very slowly.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ya, if I can get away with it, I will not include forcefields. I do want to use teleporters though so as to neutralize the advantages of building under ground.

It should be an easy matter to avoid porting people into chest rooms or places where they will get stuck. I could even make it so that it ports you into the same place so you stay grouped up (maybe that costs more). Also, poison only works if you're in combat, and they're not likely going to spend 400+ souls just to kill you very slowly.
We could mass remove enderpearls, I guess... but forcefields should have a cooldown or some specific cost or massive power drain.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

I would spend 400s you kill someone slowly and I'm sure many other people will too. People can use aoes to put you in combat without any risk to themselves keeping the poison on.

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
I would spend 400s you kill someone slowly and I'm sure many other people will too. People can use aoes to put you in combat without any risk to themselves keeping the poison on.

I think I could live with a poison that only applies when you are in combat at enemy towns. There are often breaks between fights when raiding giving you plenty of time to re-heal, you will just take more damage during fights, and have to play smart and get out if you know they can keep you in combat.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
No actually they can't use AOEs to put you in combat. If you are in a no-pvp zone, then you can't pvp unless you are already in combat.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
There shouldn't be any no PVP zones at all...
Heres the thing. In MOST circumstances, the only thing PVP zones prevent is people grouping around a house and spamming AOES. Even now, if you can't access someone, you can't hurt them. If they are combat tagged and they run into a pvp zone, you just run in with them and fight. I find it really confusing to why people hate it so much when it doesn't change much.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Heres the thing. In MOST circumstances, the only thing PVP zones prevent is people grouping around a house and spamming AOES. Even now, if you can't access someone, you can't hurt them. If they are combat tagged and they run into a pvp zone, you just run in with them and fight. I find it really confusing to why people hate it so much when it doesn't change much.
If people are smart they shut the doors, getting away easily and unless it has changed you need telekinesis to open doors, another thing I think is very dumb.