• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Town creation glitching

Osmodian

Legacy Supporter 9
Tried twice now to create a town on Shrine. First time named it Delve, second as New_Delve.

Both times, we've gotten stuck in 'limbo' after creating the town. It kicks me out when I relog and won't let me access any commands. I've followed the wiki when issuing the commands, so pretty sure that's not the problem. It just seems to not be retaining members for some reason.

Commands I used:

/town charter create Delve
(and New_Delve)

/town create
(after getting 5 signatures)

At this point I'm in the town and can view the bank/deposit/etc. However as soon as I relog, it starts telling me 'You are not part of a town!' and nothing works anymore...

Attachments

• towntest.jpg
    towntest.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 20

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Tried twice now to create a town on Shrine. First time named it Delve, second as New_Delve.

Both times, we've gotten stuck in 'limbo' after creating the town. It kicks me out when I relog and won't let me access any commands. I've followed the wiki when issuing the commands, so pretty sure that's not the problem. It just seems to not be retaining members for some reason.

Commands I used:

/town charter create Delve
(and New_Delve)

/town create
(after getting 5 signatures)

At this point I'm in the town and can view the bank/deposit/etc. However as soon as I relog, it starts telling me 'You are not part of a town!' and nothing works anymore...
yep, I tested this on test server and I can't get a town working at all. I'll tag @gabizou to look into this - it was reported. We'll get it ironed out.

Osmodian

Legacy Supporter 9
Awesome, thanks for the help! Just let me know what to do when you get things patched up =]

Osmodian

Legacy Supporter 9
Ok, thought it was working but suddenly kicked me out of the town again. We were on the second phase where you need to donate items to the town bank(again). The town still exists, but it's stuck in Limbo. Again.

I feel bad asking for some kind of compensation, but we've been waiting over a month to get this town created... D:

(attempt to tag Yeti)

@TheYeti

Last edited:

Osmodian

Legacy Supporter 9
Hit another roadblock, now it's saying the town is too close to another one when I try to claim it. I'm assuming it's the old town claim that we redid about 4 times...lol. Since there are only 2 towns on shrine anyways, Delve and Alpine.

@TheYeti

Last edited:

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8
Just pushed a new build that will provide me with some debug information so I can find out exactly why it's saying that. Hopefully that will give me the information I need to get a fix pushed fairly quick.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Osmodian Any chance you can give me the coords of your town where you are trying to do the claim at?
I think we'll need to make an exception - temp remove the regions from spawn - @Danda mentioned that these regions do conflict with the claiming process according to gab.

@Osmodian your town may be too close to spawn but because of all the trouble that's been going on - we're going to try and give you a free pass if we can on that.

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8
@Osmodian Yea. Currently the code looks in a radius of 350 around where the town "center" is to see if there are any regions in the area. This is just to make it easier for making sure that in the future there won't be any problems with upgrading and stuff.