• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Elder Scrolls: Online

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Hello. This is about the upcoming game The Elder Scrolls: Online. I decided to make this thread early because I knew there would be a thread when it came out.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So far this is what was said.
  • No property ownership.
  • Third person/over the shoulder.
I dont like where its going with that...

I can see it being great, but the only problem I can envisage with it is that the scale they mentioned in one video I've seen is really huge. Too huge, perhaps, and too ambitious. Plans I've heard is that they intend to have Tamirel, Cyrodil, Skyrim... EVERYWHERE in there. And as anyone who's ever decided to play any of the games without ever purchasing a horse, doing the on-foot adventurer trope, that is a really huge scale map they intend to work with.
Hmm. I'm excited, if only because I want to see if Kvatch ever got rebuilt and is mentioned in any of the lorebooks they'll stick in. I never got around to looking that up whilst I was playing Skyrim, and I always did feel an odd fondness for the ol' burnt to the ground destroyed by Daedra ruined city place. Maybe it's just because I took one too many Hero of Kvatch comments to the ego.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
So far this is what was said.
  • No property ownership.
  • Third person/over the shoulder.
I dont like where its going with that...
I really hope this changes, I mean I like TES for more than the gameplay, but that's not to say I didn't like it. Although, there is tons of cool features they plan to bring in. I'll probably check it out regardless.

Cazor

Wood
I can see it being great, but the only problem I can envisage with it is that the scale they mentioned in one video I've seen is really huge. Too huge, perhaps, and too ambitious. Plans I've heard is that they intend to have Tamirel, Cyrodil, Skyrim... EVERYWHERE in there. And as anyone who's ever decided to play any of the games without ever purchasing a horse, doing the on-foot adventurer trope, that is a really huge scale map they intend to work with.
Hmm. I'm excited, if only because I want to see if Kvatch ever got rebuilt and is mentioned in any of the lorebooks they'll stick in. I never got around to looking that up whilst I was playing Skyrim, and I always did feel an odd fondness for the ol' burnt to the ground destroyed by Daedra ruined city place. Maybe it's just because I took one too many Hero of Kvatch comments to the ego.
I believe the game occurs in the second era, before the events of oblivion or skyrim, so maybe Kvatch will be built, but it will not have been destroyed.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I believe the game occurs in the second era, before the events of oblivion or skyrim, so maybe Kvatch will be built, but it will not have been destroyed.
I don't think this is the case. The Aldmeri Dominion didn't exist until after Oblivion.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
The one in Skyrim is the Second Aldmeri Dominion. The one in TES Online is the First Aldmeri Dominion, taking place 1000 years before Skyrim.
Never saw this in the lore, think it may be time to read up on it again. Either way though, its going to be weird not having all the races working together for the most part :/

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
This is the original Aldmeri Dominion, the Ebonheart Pact, and the Daggerfall Covenant all fighting for control of Cyrodiil, as far as I understood it. It sounds pretty cool. Who else plans to be part of the Aldmeri Dominion?

NamelessFreak

Legacy Supporter 5
This is the original Aldmeri Dominion, the Ebonheart Pact, and the Daggerfall Covenant all fighting for control of Cyrodiil, as far as I understood it. It sounds pretty cool. Who else plans to be part of the Aldmeri Dominion?
I'd go with the Ebonheart Pact ( If thats Nords, Argonians ). Just love argonians. Played as one in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.
Also I'm really looking forward to this guild system and war between them. The combat system promising and game should be great. Defiantly can't wait.