• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT THE BATTLEDOME 3v3 PVP Tournament!

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Tournament Final between RaubTier and Just_Troll:

Watch in HD!

Damn, it's 2am already.
HAHAHA So, I don't specifically know why the server moved me to lobby. From your video it shows me getting stuck inside malik's totem, so either malik glitched me out into the hub or lag overlooked the anti-skill spam and made me spam skills which made me get kicked.

P.S. Totems OP in lag.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Funny how we have identical tastes of music, haha. I put that song in last map's tournament finals video.
What song is that, I like it!

These guys make awesome instrumental tracks that go good with videos:
(they are mostly epic, fantasy sounding though)

Audiomachine (entire Epica album)
Two Steps From Hell (fav track Jump!)
Fired Earth Music (fav track Aphelion)
Future World Music
PostHaste Music (fav track Cradle of Life)

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Tournament Final between RaubTier and Just_Troll:

Watch in HD!

Damn, it's 2am already.
im the noob that had a cool optifine cape and died first and raged afterwards lol. after watching vid, it seems i was just in a bad place at the wrong time. GG raubteir! well played.

PS, why is my name red :confused:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
What song is that, I like it!

These guys make awesome instrumental tracks that go good with videos:
(they are mostly epic, fantasy sounding though)

Audiomachine (entire Epica album)
Two Steps From Hell (fav track Jump!)
Fired Earth Music (fav track Aphelion)
Future World Music
PostHaste Music (fav track Cradle of Life)
The song in the final is a remix of Strength of a thousand men by Two steps from hell.

The one in the bronze final is also a Two steps from hell song, but I don't remember which.

Funny how we have identical tastes of music, haha. I put that song in last map's tournament finals video.
Didn't even realize, lol.

PS, why is my name red :confused:
Because you evil >;(

To be hounest, recording through glass so far above the actual fighting is pretty bad. The ideal situation for recording would be to have free movement right above the fight without any glass blocking the view.

Last edited:

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
The song in the final is a remix of Strength of a thousand men by Two steps from hell.

The one in the bronze final is also a Two steps from hell song, but I don't remember which.

Didn't even realize, lol.

Because you evil >;(

To be hounest, recording through glass so far above the actual fighting is pretty bad. The ideal situation for recording would be to have free movement right above the fight without any glass blocking the view.
I reckon ideal for next time would be godmode/invis or creative mode, I'm sure the admins can work something out!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I reckon ideal for next time would be godmode/invis or creative mode, I'm sure the admins can work something out!
Yep. It has been discussed in the past on the Herald forums with Kainzo, but there was no positive response then.
Having creative mode or some way to fly while being invincible would be great for recording and would definitely help prouduce much higher quality videos of HC events. The problem is that it could be abused, but a solution to prevent that would be for the heralds involved to bring an empty inventory and then get /slay'd once the event is over.

Squid_bot

Legacy Supporter 4
Yep. It has been discussed in the past on the Herald forums with Kainzo, but there was no positive response then.
Having creative mode or some way to fly while being invincible would be great for recording and would definitely help prouduce much higher quality videos of HC events. The problem is that it could be abused, but a solution to prevent that would be for the heralds involved to bring an empty inventory and then get /slay'd once the event is over.

You could just download a texture pack with completely transparent glass?
Or if you send it to me I might be able to do that in photoshop

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
You could just download a texture pack with completely transparent glass?
Or if you send it to me I might be able to do that in photoshop
The distance between the glass and the fight is still a problem. If the glass was to be close enough for really good recording perspective, it would be in the way for the people fighting. The free movement of flying would also allow the recorders to move quickly when people are running/kiting. That was one of the problems in this tournament that I constantly had to zoom out and move because the fight progressed to different parts of the arena.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
Well the heralds are meant to be trustworthy right? If they abuse it anyway, its simple just remove herald and ban them.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
my suggestion is to use each recorders perspective as an individual camera, editing their footage into one video eliminating the need to move from spot to spot. Add that to giving them invis+creative will allow them to pick a spot, float there record.
-so who's got the most video editing experience
-what do you guys like to use for recording? follow up Q - if not the same can the footage still be spliced together for a seamless video

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
The distance between the glass and the fight is still a problem. If the glass was to be close enough for really good recording perspective, it would be in the way for the people fighting. The free movement of flying would also allow the recorders to move quickly when people are running/kiting. That was one of the problems in this tournament that I constantly had to zoom out and move because the fight progressed to different parts of the arena.
I used an invisible glass TP and zoomed in when I could.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I used an invisible glass TP and zoomed in when I could.
Read my post before you qoute it.

my suggestion is to use each recorders perspective as an individual camera, editing their footage into one video eliminating the need to move from spot to spot. Add that to giving them invis+creative will allow them to pick a spot, float there record.
-what do you guys like to use for recording? follow up Q - if not the same can the footage still be spliced together for a seamless video
The problem with this is the editing. It's hard to send gigabytes of footage between people and there could be disagreements with the editing etc.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Read my post before you qoute it.

The problem with this is the editing. It's hard to send gigabytes of footage between people and there could be disagreements with the editing etc.
I did read your post. I simply said I used a TP that made glass invisible. No need to get snappy over such a trivial thing.

Squid_bot

Legacy Supporter 4

I use Final Cut pro and I like to think that I'm alright. I have edited quite a few videos in my time and I have the software to make it look professional. Hit me up if you want to see something I have edited. However, I'm not a Herald so I don't know if I would be allowed. :/