• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Still trucking!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Dropping you guys a line! Minecon was a great success for Herocraft - we passed out numerous buttons/pins and sported the Herocraft T-shirt designed by @Xanipher.
I spoke at the Developing Mods panel (more or less did Q&A for the kids) at Minecon. I got to hang out and meet with several "power players" of the MC community and various people from other servers.
Also got a Minecraft mouse pad signed by the entire development team, that was fun!

On with Herocraft updates!
We're still working on the Shaman class. We have 2-3 developers looking into how totems should function, look and feel. There's a lot on the plate and it's important to get out the new class as soon as possible.

To make things easy to read, here's things in bullet point:
  • Shaman (Totem Fun!)
  • Mount Plugin (Horses/etc!)
  • 1.7.2 update (Once bukkit has updated, no word so far)
  • Begin framework for Custom spawning / mob levels. (@mung3r <3)
  • PVE server (Less loot/exp - no pvp) - only thing that transfers is levels/money.
I'll update on our progress soon once things are completed and documented in the patch notes.

Last edited:

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
All of this sounds great! Good work Kainzo and Co.

Glad to see horses finally coming around in some fashion. Excited for that.
About the PVE world: will there be a separate Nether for it? I figure there would be, since otherwise there'd be no way to get the Nether items, but I was just curious.

Keep up the good work!
#NotFirst ;)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Horses! Any details on that? (Farmer integration?) I'm looking forward to shaman and will probably seclude myself to test when the rest of it's skills are implemented.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Horses! Any details on that? (Farmer integration?) I'm looking forward to shaman and will probably seclude myself to test when the rest of it's skills are implemented.
Same as it's been told before. You buy a horse with souls or at the shop, and you ride it around when not in combat if you so choose.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Dropping you guys a line! Minecon was a great success for Herocraft - we passed out numerous buttons/pins and sported the Herocraft T-shirt designed by @Xanipher.

Yah, sorry we were unable to connect at Minecon! (My offer to buy a round for you and Apherdite still stands, however, should we ever end up at the same Con again in the future.) You wouldn't think that a Con with only 7,500 people at it would be so packed and crazy -- but it was. I figured that wearing my custom T-shirt (fluorescent lime green with "Testificate Liberation Organization" printed on it) would make me easy to pick out of crowd, but those crowds were intense. All in all, it was a great Con, and I'm glad that HC got some good exposure.

We're still working on the Shaman class.

Heh. I scanned this bit and ended up reading it as "Sherman" class. So I'm thinking, "Well... so that's like some type of TANK right? My, how clever." But, no. The new class sounds intriguing, though!

PVE server (Less loot/exp - no pvp) - only thing that transfers is levels/money.

Wuv U. Seriously, I have been wanting exactly this for the longest time! Were it within my power to do so, I would happily bear your children.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Same as it's been told before. You buy a horse with souls or at the shop, and you ride it around when not in combat if you so choose.
If you wouldn't mine, could you link me to that information? I'd like to take a peek at it and must've missed it.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Just a question I want to throw out there, can towns be created on the PvE server?

SenVilan

Dirt
I may get some grief for this post but I'm very, very excited to read about the PVE server that's on the way. I'm a brand new Minecraft player (I had a gift code sitting in an e-mail from back in 2011 that I finally just activated a few weeks ago after remembering I had it, heh) so the prospect of having to pvp right from the start is a really daunting one. Add to that, I've never been all that interested in non-consensual pvp to begin with (love some fair, planned pvp though), so having a safe haven to relax in while enjoying the awesome class and rpg systems you guys have here is exactly what I've been looking for. I've searched through countless server lists and read up on tons of them individually, and none seem to hold a candle to what's offered here, in terms of rpg elements, interesting class progression, and overall professionalism. Not even trying to brown-nose -- it's the truth.

All that said, I just want to say thanks for taking the time and initiative to work this into the game. I've been on the fence about playing here ever since I found your site because, despite how impressed I am with what you guys have accomplished here, I'm just not a fan of the senseless lowbie ganking that I often read about on MC servers. Call me a carebear, but that's just how I feel about it. But now that I've read about the PVE server, I'll definitely be signing up soon, and hopefully along with a friend of mine as well.

I did want to ask though -- I understand that the xp and loot will be considerably lower (which is perfectly understandable and I even welcome it) but I was curious if everything else will still be available on the server? I had read that you weren't sure on allowing towns or residences? Have you guys reached a decision about that or is it still on the table? I have to say, the thought of not having towns and whatnot is kind of depressing, although I guess I can understand the controversy behind allowing them on the PVE server. Anyway, figured I'd ask just for the heck of it.

Looking forward to hearing more about this :).

joehowles

Stone
I spoke at the Developing Mods panel (more or less did Q&A for the kids) at Minecon. I got to hang out and meet with several "power players" of the MC community and various people from other servers.
Also got a Minecraft mouse pad signed by the entire development team, that was fun!

On with Herocraft updates!
We're still working on the Shaman class. We have 2-3 developers looking into how totems should function, look and feel. There's a lot on the plate and it's important to get out the new class as soon as possible.

To make things easy to read, here's things in bullet point:
  • Shaman (Totem Fun!)
  • Mount Plugin (Horses/etc!)
  • 1.7.2 update (Once bukkit has updated, no word so far)
  • Begin framework for Custom spawning / mob levels. (@mung3r <3)
  • PVE server (Less loot/exp - no pvp) - only thing that transfers is levels/money.
I'll update on our progress soon once things are completed and documented in the patch notes.
I

Heruohtar

Legacy Supporter 7
I am all for the PVE server it is about time :3
Unstructured PvP is not appealing to me in the least just opens too many horrible horrible doors.
Cough tree creepers cough.