• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Staff role

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
As of now, the role of proctors is essentially a guide, but I think they can be more than that. A ton of applications for various staff positions can go unlooked at, and this could discourage the player, (I know it did with my first guide app) but regardless of accepting/denying them, I think just a reply letting them know it's being looked at would help out.

So I'm suggesting a rework of the proctor team, (if the whole team is scrapped and re-recruited that's fine I guess) where 4-6 review all applications (besides maybe moderator and coder) and try to narrow them down. These team members can be accepted by heads of many of the different staff branches like guide, balance, adventure, event, etc.

This was just a random idea I thought of, so tell me what you think.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Alright @EtKEnn what part of this isn't appealing to you?
I don't see why there should be some strange third party staff position that handles applications when there are Seniors already doing it. Seniors will always review apps as they see a need for more manpower in their team, a third party wouldn't have that ability since they most likely aren't apart of that team and doesn't know its needs.