• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Special Golem use for towns

Basic idea : create-able golems guards for town defense.

it would be a fascinating feature if (iron, snow, or both) golems could be created to act souly as town gaurds. Engineer seems like a good pick for prof required to build the golems, but, i think that would give the engineer a bit too much power since it already can do a bit with ic's. Smith or alchemist are two other profs that could fit well with golems.

Workable prof's aside, the resource requirement for the golems should of course consist of vanilla reasorces, but i think souls should also been required to animate the golems.

To operate a golem once it is created, one could right click said golem to open a GUI. In this GUI a player can select how the golem should behave.
ex:
Patrolling | Guarding *
---------------------------------
outside players: defensive
hostile mobs: offensive
animals: passive​

A golems patrol path could be created with redstone, red-torches, custom signs, or a mix of the three.

Finally, if both golem types are used, they should be adjusted to be equal(ex: snow attack debuffs), but still have their unique aspect.

I appreciate and constructive criticism and ideas that anyone has on this matter.

Thank you for reading, and have a great day!
-The_Bacon_Mage

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Thoughts;

I really like the concept but I can really see the golems getting abused by people visiting towns. I would prefer something down the lines of a region that naturally spawns them for a fraction of the cost in iron/ regents. Regents could be; 9 iron ingots, 1 rose (something down those lines). Also, how would golems cope with ranged classes such as a a ranger?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Thoughts;

I really like the concept but I can really see the golems getting abused by people visiting towns. I would prefer something down the lines of a region that naturally spawns them for a fraction of the cost in iron/ regents. Regents could be; 9 iron ingots, 1 rose (something down those lines). Also, how would golems cope with ranged classes such as a a ranger?
Lasers!

No but snow golems throw things, so they're a ranged golem.

Thoughts;

Thanks for the feedback! And by region i am assuming you mean a town structure( like the gold mine and whatnot)? I do think that initial build price should be normal or higher, but a respawn can be low. I was also thinking that each town has a max amount of golems depending on it's size.

And like minimike96 said, the snow golems would be used for range, although they would need a buff. Lasers might not be a half bad idea >=D

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Basic idea : create-able golems guards for town defense.

it would be a fascinating feature if (iron, snow, or both) golems could be created to act souly as town gaurds. Engineer seems like a good pick for prof required to build the golems, but, i think that would give the engineer a bit too much power since it already can do a bit with ic's. Smith or alchemist are two other profs that could fit well with golems.

Workable prof's aside, the resource requirement for the golems should of course consist of vanilla reasorces, but i think souls should also been required to animate the golems.

To operate a golem once it is created, one could right click said golem to open a GUI. In this GUI a player can select how the golem should behave.
ex:
Patrolling | Guarding *
---------------------------------
outside players: defensive
hostile mobs: offensive
animals: passive​

A golems patrol path could be created with redstone, red-torches, custom signs, or a mix of the three.

Finally, if both golem types are used, they should be adjusted to be equal(ex: snow attack debuffs), but still have their unique aspect.

I appreciate and constructive criticism and ideas that anyone has on this matter.

Thank you for reading, and have a great day!
-The_Bacon_Mage
Great idea! I think Rune Smith should get the skill because it doesn't have much going for it and I think It fits. Magical rocks and whatnot. A Rune could be what powers the golem.

blazex13

Iron
Great idea! I think Rune Smith should get the skill because it doesn't have much going for it and I think It fits. Magical rocks and whatnot. A Rune could be what powers the golem.

Ye the whole thought of a runesmith powering up the golems would be great, however what if instead of one class only being able to create it the outcome would be instead something that a variety of classes would have to work together towards. I am saying this because i feel like if all it would take would be one runesmith to create the golem it might be a little overpowered but how about always making the runesmith the key factor in making the golems.
For example the heart/brain can only be crafted by a golem; the frame for a heavy golem such as one made out of iron could be done through a smith, a golem made out of snow could be made out of an alchemist or farmer, and then the last thing would be the ability to program the things would be left up to engineers. I feel like this way would add up to more 'forced' teamwork that would allow for those that work together and are active to be able to have a better defense. This is just my opinion but I believe that if it were formatted in this way it would spread out which classes get which and how balanced they would be.​

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Even if they wouldn't need more defenses it would still be a good game mechanic.
If they weren't for defense they would need another use, which right now the town plugin shouldn't be adding anything new, but instead fixing what is in already

blazex13

Iron
If they weren't for defense they would need another use, which right now the town plugin shouldn't be adding anything new, but instead fixing what is in already

Ok, I don't really want to argue with the lord Trazil. So yeah I see your point but this is just a suggestion that's all.