• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Something Techincal's Wrong Here...

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Hello!

I have a problem to talk about
When I play on 1.7.2 with LiteLoader and macromod only (with patches from MCPatcher), I constantly get disconnected, same thing happens when I play on vanilla 1.7.2

But on 1.7.4 / .5 I barely get disconnected. What's going on here? I suspect the netcode in 1.7.2 needs re-working or something.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hello!

When I play on 1.7.2 with LiteLoader and macromod only (with patches from MCPatcher), I constantly get disconnected, same thing happens when I play on vanilla 1.7.2

But on 1.7.4 / .5 I barely get disconnected. What's going on here? I suspect the netcode in 1.7.2 needs re-working or something.
It wont get fixed more than likely. Mojang doesnt do updates to older versions.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Hello!

Updates from MCPatcher?...I have to say, I use the method in my thread, and have yet to get ANY random disconnects.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
@kenster1092 Same thing happening to me. Are you using Beta version of macro mods?
Today I am going to update/fix all my mods to the recommended versions and then I will see if my problem still occurs and update this post.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
@DEMOCALIBER I used your method to no avail...
@Dsawemd I have the latest version of Macromod which is 10.04 official, no longer beta

If it comes to this, I will have to learn the basics of Java programming and dig in myself for the networking problem...

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Don't know what to tell you Kenster, if you're on Windows it should work fine. Don't you use Linux though, I never stated that it works on Linux, because, frankly, I have no idea.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
@DEMOCALIBER Well, I just reformatted my PC and installed Debian Linux...
The only noticeable change is MC has better FPS in Debian than Ubuntu, IDK why though, and I was thinkin of getting Windows 7, but I went "Fuck it because MC's gonna run much much more crappier then"...
How about you set up a virtual machine with Debian/Ubuntu Linux on it and try for yourself?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I beleive that 1.7.2-1.7.4 were not network codding issues ( Because thats 1.6-1.7 ) I think they where for the new skin and UUID things implemented in 1.8 ( We also get slime blocks :D and new enchanting )

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
I beleive that 1.7.2-1.7.4 were not network codding issues ( Because thats 1.6-1.7 ) I think they where for the new skin and UUID things implemented in 1.8 ( We also get slime blocks :D and new enchanting )
I already know about the upcoming update... But the new blocks and shit are SO NOT interesting. The only thing I find interesting in it is the new skin system. Period.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
@DEMOCALIBER I was thinkin of getting Windows 7, but I went "Fuck it because MC's gonna run much much more crappier then"...
How about you set up a virtual machine with Debian/Ubuntu Linux on it and try for yourself?
Lol I cant figure out my operating system, change yours so you can help support me...

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
@DEMOCALIBER Well, I just reformatted my PC and installed Debian Linux...
The only noticeable change is MC has better FPS in Debian than Ubuntu, IDK why though, and I was thinkin of getting Windows 7, but I went "Fuck it because MC's gonna run much much more crappier then"...

Because I have used Win7 and Win8 on my computer and both run exceedingly well with 1.7.2. If you have issues with Linux, then uninstall or don't use Linux for MC. Sorry, but I have no interest in setting up Linux (as that would involve completely redoing my entire system to set it up as a triple boot system (Mac/Windows/Linux) just to support people too stubborn to switch. :p Good luck getting your mods all going properly! If you do get it all working on Linux, make a thread about it. Honestly if you can find a Winrar equivalent for Linux, my method should still work fine, in theory.