• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Some ideas for areas in the adventure map

Ultanian

Portal
Just some dungeons/towns I thought would be cool.

Mechanical Mines- An abandoned mine created by a people of long ago, this dungeon runs on redstone power it mines automatically. Every so often the layout of the mines change, due to piston entrances and secrets. (Unique gameplay: Loot chests could be hidden in walls and appear randomly, the maze-corridors change every 2 minutes or so.)

Blackbark Canopy/Junglebed: For the canopy, I was thinking that a low level area or safe town be suspended high up in the trees, high enough to to hardly see the forest floor. The Junglebed (I don't remember the proper name) would be very dark and ominous, perhaps with ruins and small structures. High level area.

A graveyard- Every rpg has got to have a graveyard ;)

Tidal Cliffs- I don't know if the effect is worth the effort, but this area's water levels rise and fall for some type of event, allowing access to newer areas.

Also, titles and subtitles in 1.8 would be fun to see upon entering an area, instead of in a chat box. Barrier blocks will also be very useful, if you plan on making some areas restricted.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
A jungle with several levels would be pretty awesome. It'd be really cool though if there were three levels, the bottom one being the jungle bed, with the ruins and stuff, the middle one being simply the branches of the trees. There might also be a hidden tree village in the trees somewhere. Then for the canopy. Perhaps the jungle could be next to hills or mountains, and is lower that them. Then an entrance could be at the edge of the jungle, which leads to an over-canopy system of connected towns and villages that rest on the top of the trees. Mechanical Mines sounds pretty awesome, but it'd take a long time to make. I'd imagine there'd be a couple graveyards there. Do you mean like a huge ancient graveyard like the Barrow Downs near Bree in LOTR? Tidal Cliffs sounds kinda cool. I'm not entirely sure if I understand though. As in there's the ocean, and then sometimes the water rises in some parts and that allows you to swim up to previously unreachable areas?
Here's some more ideas:
Of course some Mountain Ranges complete with valleys filled with pine trees and rivers. There could be villages built into the mountain or there could be villages that are built on platforms cut out of the mountain or both, and crops could be in the valley, and there could be an irrigation system for rainwater to go down to crops, and there could be a big lake somewhere, and I'm done let's move on.
Also we gotta have a
volcanic area with dormant volcanoes and possibly an active one if we can do that without a crap ton of lag.
Then the last thing I feel like typing is a
Water City. Now when I was typing at first I was thinking like what Venice Italy is. But then I typed it, and we could have something like Atlantis too, and they could have diplomatic problems with the Venice type place. Anyway, I'm done for now ty.

Ultanian

Portal
A jungle with several levels would be pretty awesome. It'd be really cool though if there were three levels, the bottom one being the jungle bed, with the ruins and stuff, the middle one being simply the branches of the trees. There might also be a hidden tree village in the trees somewhere. Then for the canopy. Perhaps the jungle could be next to hills or mountains, and is lower that them. Then an entrance could be at the edge of the jungle, which leads to an over-canopy system of connected towns and villages that rest on the top of the trees. Mechanical Mines sounds pretty awesome, but it'd take a long time to make. I'd imagine there'd be a couple graveyards there. Do you mean like a huge ancient graveyard like the Barrow Downs near Bree in LOTR? Tidal Cliffs sounds kinda cool. I'm not entirely sure if I understand though. As in there's the ocean, and then sometimes the water rises in some parts and that allows you to swim up to previously unreachable areas?
Here's some more ideas:
Of course some Mountain Ranges complete with valleys filled with pine trees and rivers. There could be villages built into the mountain or there could be villages that are built on platforms cut out of the mountain or both, and crops could be in the valley, and there could be an irrigation system for rainwater to go down to crops, and there could be a big lake somewhere, and I'm done let's move on.
Also we gotta have a
volcanic area with dormant volcanoes and possibly an active one if we can do that without a crap ton of lag.
Then the last thing I feel like typing is a
Water City. Now when I was typing at first I was thinking like what Venice Italy is. But then I typed it, and we could have something like Atlantis too, and they could have diplomatic problems with the Venice type place. Anyway, I'm done for now ty.
Yeah, the Tidal Cliffs water level would change every so often, allowing for other areas to be explored/looted. Mind if I add your ideas into the main post? Of course credit will go next to your name.