• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Skill Clean-Up

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
So since I've heard talk about Kainzo wanting around 13 skills on each class and cleaning up the useless ones, I thought I'd give it a go.

Let's start with Rogues:

Ninja-
Remove Fade. Situational and useless.

Remove Garrote. Again, situational and I've never seen a Ninja use it.

Remove GrapplingHook. Rarely have I seen a Ninja use this, much less carry a bow around.

Remove DeathMark. It's useful for tracking people down, but it's kinda taking away the role of Ranger isn't it?

Remove Blind. Blinds in HeroCraft are garbage. Never seen a Ninja use this.

Ranger-
Remove Wolf. Self explanatory.

Remove Camoflauge, Forage, and FarSight. Camo is situational, Forage is a Farmer skill, and Farsight is like Optifine zoom but worse.

Runeblade-
Remove Scan. I never understood why Runeblade has this skill as it's meant for Support classes.

Remove AbsorbRunes. While it does fit with the class, I've never seen or heard anyone say they use it.

Bard-
Remove MelodicBindings(Unless you give a slow to it. Remove BoastfulBellow then). Lackluster in damage and a waste of Stamina.

Remove HealingChorus. This skill is also a waste of Stamina and Mana.

Remove SongOfRespiration. Enchanters can provide helmet enchants, along with potions that allow water breathing.

Now that the Rogues are covered, it's Caster time.

Pyromancer-
Remove Scan. It's a support skill.

Remove Cauterize. Useless skill.

Remove Flameshield. Fire res pots do the job way better.

Beguiler-
Remove Scan.

Remove Purge. Useless skill.

Remove SummonFood. Trolly and occasionally helpful, yes, but unneeded.

Wizard-
Remove Scan.

Remove either Megabolt or Bolt. This is hard to decide upon as both are decent. I'd remove Megabolt as Shaman already has an AoE Lightning attack, ChainLightning.

Remove EnderPearls. Blink serves a better purpose; Pyro should be the only class who has access to this skill.

Remove Pulse. Beguiler should be the only one who has access to this skill.

Necromancer-
Remove Scan.

Remove Battery. Situational and IMO useless.

Remove FeignDeath. Trolly, yes, but it takes good skill to use this one right, and even then someone can run by you while you're invisible.

Remove Despair. An AoE Blind, yes, but does very little damage and IMO the blind doesn't last long enough.

Now the Warriors. I won't include Samurai since it's still a WIP.

Dragoon-Has 13 skills. So gg. But, remove Disarm 'cause it's broken.

Berserker-
Remove UndyingWill- Never seen anyone use this skill, but then again there aren't many Berserkers.

Remove Provoke- Useless IMO.

Remove Toss- Trolly and kinda funny but situational and a waste.

Paladin-
Remove Taunt. Intervene should instead be used for a more strategical "Shield" on your ally.

Remove Revive. Should be a pure support class skill.

Remove HolySteed. Gives mobility to a class that shouldn't have it.

Remove MagicWard. Useless IMO.

Remove Disarm since Disarm doesn't work anymore.

Remove Strike. Paladin shouldn't do damage.

Dreadknight-
Remove BecomeDeath. Should be a Necro only skill.

Remove DreadSteed. Same reason as HolySteed.

With most paths down, it's time for Support.

Cleric-
Remove Wrath.

Remove Dispel.

Remove HolyAura.

Remove Antidote.

Remove SacredHymn.

Druid-
Remove Forage.

Remove Antidote.

Remove RampartVines.

Remove Port.

Remove Camoflauge.

Remove Replenish.

Remove Earthwall.

Remove Bolt.

Disciple-
Remove Barrier.

Remove Balance.

Remove Smite.

Remove Safefall.

Bloodmage-
Remove Awaken.

Remove StealEssence.

Remove BloodGift.

Shaman-
Remove HealingSurge.

Remove EarthenFury.

Remove Reincarnate.

@Kainzo @Balance Team

Sorry for any grammar mistakes in there. Didn't do Support descriptions cuz there were a lot.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
As far as enderpearls go I think that wiz should still have it, it gives much needed mobility against more mobile classes and ones like disc which pull you in and out at their will. As far as pulse, why remove it from wiz? it takes away its only real aoe attack (besides megabolt because I agree it should be removed as well). Finally, why remove scan? It's very useful for keeping track of a mob's health since the health bars aren't working atm (another thing to work on).

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Honestly, I don't get the point of cleaning up skills. A lot of the skills you just suggested to be removed will affect most of these classes a lot in combat and utility. I personally disagree with the whole idea of removing skills just so we can have class have the same amount of skills. Will definitely affect balancing a lot and the classes themselves.

Imo, skills should be instead either be reworked/changed/buffed instead of removing it. If it is useless, then just leave it. Most of the skills you listed here aren't really useless, but rather just situational skills. They are not completely useless, they still serve a purpose for that class. And some of the skills you listed that you think should be removed are actually needed for that class or have some use for that class. There are like only a few skills that are really useless in this list from what I can see.

I'm gonna list my thoughts on each of the skills you suggested to be removed tomorrow once I have time.

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
One of the worst post I have seen on the forums in a while lol

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
I'm actually not trolling, Kainzo said sometime ago that he wanted a clean-up of a bunch of the skills to only have around 13 on each class.

So uh, yeah...

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
but your reasons for removing skills.... ive never seen a player using them... 75% of the ones u said are used in a good pvp rotation

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
The removal of a lot of these skills just don't make sense in my opinion. You're completely changing the "lore" (The stuff that is said to be there for classes but the stuff we never EVER see) and the playstyles of the classes take druid for example for ages it was known as the hybrid sorcerer and this map its heals are generally strong atm so it makes the class strong compared to what is has been previously (OH GOD MYSTIC YOU DID SO MUCH DAMAGE). I also don't see the reasoning on why we are capping skills in general (@Kainzo). I thought adding more skills to classes would be a better idea since most classes are not hard to play and they all have little to no binds. I just don't see the reasoning behind it.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I started writing a post about the things I disagree with, as I got further into it I realized I disagreed with essentially everything you listed in this thread. Know that it's nothing personal, but these are very awful solutions.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Druid-
Remove Forage.
Remove Antidote.
Remove RampartVines.
Remove Port.
Remove Camoflauge.
Remove Replenish.
Remove Earthwall.
Remove Bolt.

Remove happiness

Theshadown

Stone
Ha.
I agree with most of the op suggestions.
You people are not giving better reasons than the op, just complaining that your class might get a nerf in skill variety or randomly troll/spaming.

While I'm not sure all classes should have the same number of skills, it is true some of them have a lot of crap skills (camo, forage, farsight, etc) or skills that are way out of their role. A Paladin right now can tank, heal, revive, stun, taunt, mount, protect and damage...... I bet palas could steal my gf if they wanted too...

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
half of this stuff makes no sense, how is battery a bad skill on necro? it makes a necro/healer combo have infinite mana combined with dark ritual and giving some mana back to the healer, i wont even look at the druid changes, removing the horses from pally/dk i think is fine, despair is a fine skill, and i dont have the time or the want to go over anything else