• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT [Siege] Township Testing Event!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Greeting Minecraft lovers!

Starting at 8PM CST we're hosting an event on the Siege server (follow the redstone blocks at central docks) -- this server isnt linked to the live servers for anything that carries over.

Useful links:
http://hc.to/townships

Rewards for creating full Townships: (must reply to this thread with screenshot of township/name)
Full Tier 1 Township = 1 Golden Crate Key
Full Tier 2 Township = 3 Golden Crate Keys
Full Tier 3 Township = Special Title

Rewards for destroying Townships: (must reply to this thread with screenshots/name)
Full Tier 1 Town Destruction = 500s
Full Tier 2 Town Destruction = 1000s
Full Tier 3 Town Destruction = 2500s

Event ends 09/25/14 at 11:45PM CST.

Last edited:

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
In order to make a tier 1 town, you will need to create a councilroom. This is the central building of your town. If it gets destroyed, then your town will also be destroyed. Most structures can be destroyed by TNT. Towns protect against TNT so long as they have power.

To decrease a town's power you can go one of 2 ways:
- You can have your town declare war (/to war enemytown mytown) and then kill as many of their members as possible.
- You can create an outpost and use siegecannons to grind down the enemy town power. The siegecannons must be within 50 blocks of the enemy town.

You can unlock all structures in /to shop
You can see all of the structures you can build in /to list

Good hunting out there!

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Awesome!
Any chance of getting a chat channel for siege?
So we do not have to use /msg or all be in a party?
Would be very useful :)

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
when are the rewards handed out

also when should one post a pic of their town?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Trist95 I've heard the event is going for a week.

@Kainzo to enhance the event:

• Could the Seige server please have its own chat channel? This would help with players discussing how to work with the code and sharing ideas, as well arranging wars etc :D (have seen this idea for a channel suggested elsewhere)
  • How about awards also based on quality of builds - to encourage participants to explore what variety of designs can be achieved with the required build items? I'm really hoping this approach to townships can be used to encourage a better looking server, and when everyone's in a rush to compete/complete, build quality unfortunately becomes a lower priority.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
The first town destruction in herocraft:

They ran out of money so there was no cool siege with cannons or war :(

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
fuAxm59.png

I know it's a bit late. achieved town status on 9/24 shortly before the destruction of the above town.

Tier 1 town of Resolution

Breeding24-6 didnt run out only because i no-lifed for a week while i was sick, mining and pumping souls into the town for creation and expanding XD

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Breeding24-6 didnt run out only because i no-lifed for a week while i was sick, mining and pumping souls into the town for creation and expanding XD
I'd really like to get a better understanding of how much player effort is required to maintain a town and keep it safe from destruction by enemies.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I know that one peson by themselves is very difficult. If you no life it and farm a ton of souls/materials it may be possible. But it would be very difficult to maintain for any length of time