• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ShadowRavynn's Architect App

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
  1. Minecraft IGN: ShadowRavynn
  2. Position applying for: Architect
  3. Age|Timezone: 40 / est
  4. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Since January 2013?
  5. Why do you think you would make a good architect?: I love to build, even though alot of people do not like what I build! LOL But you can see evidence with my towns you have visited, the latest of which is EnderMyst which I believe is the best one yet.
  6. Post screen shots of your creation here (USE DEFAULT OR SERVER TEXTURE PACK)! Can we use my towns? If you want screenies, I will have to make something on test and post it. Let me know Gabi! ^_^
  7. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I would love to help out with the adventure map and help the server in any way I can!

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Do you have anything that you have built yourself, not a town collaborative build, but something you truly have built yourself?

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Greetings!

I am still interested in helping out the server. The above pics were of stuff I did very quickly. I am currently working on town ideas in the massive build creative server as well. not much done on the regular creative server tho with the exception of a courtyard...

But I just wanted to express that I am still interested.

Thank you

<3<3 Ravynn

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Greetings!

I am still interested in helping out the server. The above pics were of stuff I did very quickly. I am currently working on town ideas in the massive build creative server as well. not much done on the regular creative server tho with the exception of a courtyard...

But I just wanted to express that I am still interested.

Thank you

<3<3 Ravynn
I think you'd do a fine job, Gabizou and Aryious are sort of spear heading the architects atm.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Just saying, if possible, Could you re-take all these screenshots with the default texture pack, as instructed per the app guidelines? It's rather difficult to tell (for me) whether the detail is because of the texturepack or whether it isn't as detailed as I'm seeing it is.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Just saying, if possible, Could you re-take all these screenshots with the default texture pack, as instructed per the app guidelines? It's rather difficult to tell (for me) whether the detail is because of the texturepack or whether it isn't as detailed as I'm seeing it is.

ahhh gotcha, sorry Gabi :) Will retake them and repost.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Please note I showed screenies of the tower before upgrading its look as well as after I upgraded the look of it.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Please note I showed screenies of the tower before upgrading its look as well as after I upgraded the look of it.
Is it possible to show screenshots of the tower as it is finished? There's a lack of detail overall of which there aren't many redeeming qualities other than saying that you can build a jungle hut, no offense.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
sure can finish it. and no offense taken. LOL :pThe tower is done on the outside except for the ring of fire around the bottom. I just need to finish the inside. Will work on that after work tonight.

but this is the image of the finished tower minus the fire around the entire bottom. but like I said, can finish the inside tonight.

2013-09-30_21-23-04-png.7945

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I think you'd do a fine job, Gabizou and Aryious are sort of spear heading the architects atm.

sooo... feel free to visit demonswood on Haven... I have designed all the towers and everything around them - there ARE things that are not finished yet that I am still working on.... but feel free to look around and contact me regarding this application - alot of people actually like what I have been doing!

Even Kainzo thought I would be fine as an architect LOL

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
sooo... feel free to visit demonswood on Haven... I have designed all the towers and everything around them - there ARE things that are not finished yet that I am still working on.... but feel free to look around and contact me regarding this application - alot of people actually like what I have been doing!

Even Kainzo thought I would be fine as an architect LOL
Not to be mean but, there are a few things I need to clarify here:
1) I do not appreciate incomplete work, if it's a design, show me the actual design world that you're basing the survival build off of. Architect work is mostly done with the idea that you have all possible items at your disposal, no risk of dying, no risk of running out of items.
2) I'm not Kainzo, I'm the Lead Architect, I approve and deny Architect applications based on what I professionally think the applying Architect would be useful for. Some people apply showing strengths in Redstone, some in design.
3) As I've stated months ago, I don't accept entire towns from survival seeing as one person doesn't just build four entire towns by themselves. Your design screenshots posted above are different and incomplete compared to what I'm seeing in DemonsWood at the moment in game.
4) DemonsWood on Haven at the time of writing looks like something that can be built in 20 minutes of work with WorldEdit and VoxelSniper. No exceptional detail and too much of the main castle building is being built to maximize the space of the region. As an Architect, there are no such restrictions.
5) If you can spend maybe three hours on a Creative server with WorldEdit and build something with the Creative mode in mind, I'm sure you can design something that doesn't look like a survival build on Herocraft.