• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Rule Updates: Townships / PVE

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
We are always looking to refine the rules and make them better, if you feel you have any suggestions or issues with the rules, we will be happy to discuss them. These changes come about from specific issues that need addressing. They aren't perfect and may change. We continue to try to make user's experiences better. CHANGES HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW.

Township 100r Barrier
  • Building or mining within official townships without explicit permission from the town's mayor. (This rule has always been in effect, just largely ignored)
    • This rule extends 100 blocks from townships.
  • Destroying landscape features near an official township without explicit permission from the town's mayor.
    • This rule extends 100 blocks from townships.
    • Destroying landscape close to a town will be considered griefing
    • This rule includes but is not limited to:
      • Packed Ice from Ice Spike biomes
      • Desert Dunes
      • Forests (man-made, as long as sign markers are posted to notify travellers)
      • Any landscape feature integral to the township.
    • Knowingly harvesting these materials close to a township will be a warn-able offence.
    • We recognize its difficult to determine how close you are to a town. If in doubt, check the dynmap or ask Staff.
    • Players are allowed to build what is minimally needed to scale a town's walls, however it must be removed immediately once the raid is complete.

PVE Specific Rules
  • Harassment by preventing players from getting their chests/items will not be tolerated - this includes placing regions over areas that the player has protected, stored or tombstoned.
    • Offenders will be subject to fine and/or suspension depending on circumstance.
  • Player-caused death is illegal, including but not limited to:
    • Suffocation by water, gravel, sand
    • Killing using TNT
    • Using lighters and lava
    • Placing cacti around a user
    • Breaking blocks under a user to cause them to fall to their death
    • Offenders will be subject to fines and/or suspension
  • Exceptions to this rule:
    • Traps built and designed to defend your personal home and townships from intruders
    • If a user trespasses in your house or building you own with malicious intent, you may use any force you deem necessary to protect your belongings
    • You may only attempt to kill them INSIDE your building (no chasing them across the map to kill)
    • You may NOT coerce, lure or trick a player to enter your house in order to kill them
    • The invader may not retaliate by trying to kill the owner
    • Trespassing in a user's house is your risk to take

Last edited by a moderator:

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I like all the new changes. Great job. I do have a question - 'malicious intent' ? So if I explore someone's house they cannot kill me - but if I start going through their chests, then I would be fair game correct ?

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
I like all the new changes. Great job. I do have a question - 'malicious intent' ? So if I explore someone's house they cannot kill me - but if I start going through their chests, then I would be fair game correct ?
Yes, if a user specifically asks you to leave and you don't. I'd say that's fair game as well. Touching their chests is definitely invasive and would count as malicious intent as, they most likely mean to steal.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok So last map I got a warning for towering into a town but it was ped while we where making them then 10 people came after us and camped the towers until the pe was answered the warning was removed but still prevented me getting guide, so my question is, if they prevent you from removing the towers does it still count against you?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Also I think if a user is inside your house without being given permission they should be fair game

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Ok So last map I got a warning for towering into a town but it was ped while we where making them then 10 people came after us and camped the towers until the pe was answered the warning was removed but still prevented me getting guide, so my question is, if they prevent you from removing the towers does it still count against you?
Doesn't count against you if they refuse to let you fix the issue. As long as you make reasonable attempts to fix it, then it's not your fault. Just notify them in chat that you wish to fix it (for log proof sake). And if they refuse, then its on them.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Is the rule roughly 100 blocks or exact? I know in bastion my town made a small hut over 100 blocks from silvermede and they were pe'd and angyles made them remove it

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Xanipher I have a question. Say I am a Ranger and I'm riding my horse (off into the sunset, or course!) Tamed horses are currently killable (hopefully this will be fixed in the future), and so I am wondering if I would/could the right to defend my horse from death (and the loss of its saddle and armor possibly) by killing the people who are attacking my horse.

Entirely hypothetical, but I can imagine that in certain circumstances it could come up. I am hoping that this could be carved into the exceptions to the no-kill PVE rules.

-yav

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
@Xanipher I have a question. Say I am a Ranger and I'm riding my horse (off into the sunset, or course!) Tamed horses are currently killable (hopefully this will be fixed in the future), and so I am wondering if I would/could the right to defend my horse from death (and the loss of its saddle and armor possibly) by killing the people who are attacking my horse.

Entirely hypothetical, but I can imagine that in certain circumstances it could come up. I am hoping that this could be carved into the exceptions to the no-kill PVE rules.

-yav
I will have to think about that one hahaha.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Doesn't count against you if they refuse to let you fix the issue. As long as you make reasonable
attempts to fix it, then it's not your fault. Just notify them in chat that you wish to fix it (for log proof sake). And if they refuse, then its on them.
What if I'm G-Muted