• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Residence - Combined bug report thread!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
First off -
Residence Self-serve region protection is for t3+ if you aren't a donor you cannot use these commands/plugin.

Please post bug reports below with any issues you have and we will try our hardest to fix them as soon as possible with hopefully help of the devs.

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
Today I tried to create my 15x15x15 region. I had created it, and even the plugin said it was 15x15x15, but it said "Area Size is not within your allowed limits". I have some screenshots as well to show you what I mean.

2012-06-04_22.56.28.png
^This picture shows it was a 15x15x15 area2012-06-04_22.56.42.png
^ And this picture shows that I am a Tier 4 Donor. Any Ideas what happened?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
From Tkdstar13:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with the new size increase to residences, I was looking to expand my current residence. When I first built my residence, the max size was 22x22x22. My understanding of the residence plugin is that you cannot actually expand the barriers of an existing "area" of your residence, however you can add additional "areas" to that residence which are still considered part of the same residence through the /res area add (residence name) (area name). I get the error "you have reached the max number of physical areas allowed for your residence" when I use this command.

Is there a difference command I should be using to upgrade the size of my residence? Or is this set so that we are limited to only one area per residence and size is not changeable?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Today I tried to create my 15x15x15 region. I had created it, and even the plugin said it was 15x15x15, but it said "Area Size is not within your allowed limits". I have some screenshots as well to show you what I mean.

View attachment 3757
^This picture shows it was a 15x15x15 areaView attachment 3758
^ And this picture shows that I am a Tier 4 Donor. Any Ideas what happened?
Hmm - is this still going?
Exact same as Parkerjdude.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
I can't use /region addmember <region name> <name>.
I think it is because the region I made using /res does not appear to have a name

When I hit it with coal it says no defined regions. However, the blocks are still protected. Also, when I use the message command to make a greeting it correctly changes @place (or whatever that command is) and changes it to JenksLaw (the name I choose when I made the region using the /res command).

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
/region addmember will not work because that's a different plugin...

residence does not use worldguard in anyway shape or form it has it's own protection system. Go look up the commands for that instead of attempting to use the wrong plugin :p

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
Can't use pistons in /res region. Sticky pistons and regular pistons don't work inside my region. They don't seem to get powered. I can place them just can't toggle them.

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
I can not add "areas" same as Tkdstar13. I also get the error "you have reached the max number of physical areas allowed for your residence". My current area is 10x10x10. I tried to add a 4x10x10 which would make my total space 14x 10x10. I've looked for other ways to expand my existing space, but adding areas seem to be it. I watch the post for solutions/fixes, Thanks.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I can not add "areas" same as Tkdstar13. I also get the error "you have reached the max number of physical areas allowed for your residence". My current area is 10x10x10. I tried to add a 4x10x10 which would make my total space 14x 10x10. I've looked for other ways to expand my existing space, but adding areas seem to be it. I watch the post for solutions/fixes, Thanks.
You have to add small areas.... you cant add 4x10x10... it would be 4x1x1 - if anything. I tested this and it worked - I'll have to try again - has anyone done this successfully?

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
res shot.png I tried several different sizes to no avail. I typed "/res limits" and noticed that between "Max Residences" and "Max East/West Size" that there is no "Max Areas Per Residence". Does this field need an integer to allow area creation?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
View attachment 3816 I tried several different sizes to no avail. I typed "/res limits" and noticed that between "Max Residences" and "Max East/West Size" that there is no "Max Areas Per Residence". Does this field need an integer to allow area creation?
You're only allowed to have one Residences - I believe that may be the confusion - you can increase the area of that single residence as long as it coincides with your max area in the config for your group.

Tkdstar13

Stone
You have to add small areas.... you cant add 4x10x10... it would be 4x1x1 - if anything. I tested this and it worked - I'll have to try again - has anyone done this successfully?

How exactly did you go about testing this? I attempted to create a small area on the blocks adjacent to my primary residence and it gave me the same error message described previously

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
I ran this pluggin on my test server and I think I understand the problem. When you add an Area to your residence it does not have to be adjacent to the original residence. Allowing a "Max Areas Per Residence" above 1 would let players claim territory all over the map(which is understandably unacceptable).

Unfortunately, if I'm reading it right, the only way to modify or expand the original selection (main) is to add Areas to it. The Selection cmds only effect the hypothetical area prior to creation. The Creation cmds are limited to Create, Area add/remove/replace, Remove, and Subzone. The only hopeful cmd is Area Replace but I worry that this would charge me again for the blocks I'm replacing.

I see no cmds to modify an already created area. If such cmds exist please, for the love of Pete, someone post them. If not the only way to expand would be to rebuy or allow more Areas and make a honor based rule about only building Areas immediately adjacent to your residence(obviously enforcement may suck with this)

Well in closing I'll be living in cramped quarters until I get rich or it gets sorted. Later chaps see you 'round the playground.

Tkdstar13

Stone
Is there a way to make a refund option with the residence protections similar to LWC? That would make it easier to adjust the size of your residence without worrying about cost if there really is no way to add additional areas. When I created mine, I guess the server admins were still tinkering with the plug-in and how it was implemented because the max size I could create was 22x22x22 at T7 donor status. Now the max size can be 24x24x30. That may appear negligible when expressed in that format, however it is actually a 70% increase in size of the area protected! That is something I definitely want to take advantage of, but it would really suck to have to shelve out an additional 2500 coins to redo my residence entirely when I've already payed 1600c for the space I have now.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I ran this pluggin on my test server and I think I understand the problem. When you add an Area to your residence it does not have to be adjacent to the original residence. Allowing a "Max Areas Per Residence" above 1 would let players claim territory all over the map(which is understandably unacceptable).

Unfortunately, if I'm reading it right, the only way to modify or expand the original selection (main) is to add Areas to it. The Selection cmds only effect the hypothetical area prior to creation. The Creation cmds are limited to Create, Area add/remove/replace, Remove, and Subzone. The only hopeful cmd is Area Replace but I worry that this would charge me again for the blocks I'm replacing.

I see no cmds to modify an already created area. If such cmds exist please, for the love of Pete, someone post them. If not the only way to expand would be to rebuy or allow more Areas and make a honor based rule about only building Areas immediately adjacent to your residence(obviously enforcement may suck with this)

Well in closing I'll be living in cramped quarters until I get rich or it gets sorted. Later chaps see you 'round the playground.
Hrmm, I remember testing a previous of version Residence before implementing it - and it 100% was able to increase the same region by expanding it.

@Danda this isnt support high priority but could definitely use some testing time - the configs in test are clones of live - wanna try to expand a Residence as a t7 on test?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm rather busy from now until Sunday night (but I'll probably be too tired to do anything :p) so I'll try and get around to it either then or on monday night.