• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(out dated) Releasing the HeroModPack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
But with Technic, what happens with all your settings and stuff when it updates? Does it only update the jar, or the whole .minecraft? Like, if a new mod was added and I had all my settings, would they be reset or is it just the bin update?
That, I don't know - I was just going to ask about this, actually... I couldn't figure out the .technic file tree. Does anyone know where the config files are for MacroMod, REI's, and such?

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
That, I don't know - I was just going to ask about this, actually... I couldn't figure out the .technic file tree. Does anyone know where the config files are for MacroMod, REI's, and such?
Config files are in the 'mods' folder of the .minecraft. I think that it is just bin that is updated, and the rest is left alone, so configs would be saved - but I'm not sure.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
%appdata% ---> .technic --> Heromodpack

Edit - If you get a parsing error, run Technic as a Admin!

Rick Click Technic ---> Run As Administrator.

Da_Burg

Legacy Supporter 8
%appdata% ---> .technic --> Heromodpack

Edit - If you get a parsing error, run Technic as a Admin!

Rick Click Technic ---> Run As Administrator.
Doesn't seem to make a difference I still get the parsing error.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Though I really like all the work being done on this I still like the individual .jars that Rumble made last time for 1.4.7
They were simple to install and had less issues and bugs. Putting everything together with the technic seems to be less "user friendly" than the last one.

In short I do like this but liked the last version better. :(

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Though I really like all the work being done on this I still like the individual .jars that Rumble made last time for 1.4.7
They were simple to install and had less issues and bugs. Putting everything together with the technic seems to be less "user friendly" than the last one.

In short I do like this but liked the last version better. :(
590eZP9.png

Just kidding :p I don't mind your opinion.
I could go about updating the .jars and all but I'm failing to see how it's less user-friendly than using .jars as the Technic launcher is quite simple to start up and run (unless you have some java issues to which I'm willing to lend a hand)..

Aside from that, the Manual Installation will be updated for 1.5.1 once the mods are all updated and all as it's really annoying to recompile all the things together for three separate methods of installation each time we want to change something (which would've happened today, three times for 1.2.1-1.2.3)

Thanks a lot gabizou for adding optifine to the pack! Before i ran 10fps on tiny render distance and now with optifine i run 55 fps with normal render distance lol, so big difference, thank you :3

Keep it up.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
590eZP9.png

Just kidding :p I don't mind your opinion.
I could go about updating the .jars and all but I'm failing to see how it's less user-friendly than using .jars as the Technic launcher is quite simple to start up and run (unless you have some java issues to which I'm willing to lend a hand)..

Aside from that, the Manual Installation will be updated for 1.5.1 once the mods are all updated and all as it's really annoying to recompile all the things together for three separate methods of installation each time we want to change something (which would've happened today, three times for 1.2.1-1.2.3)
Just wondering, meant no disrespect. ;)

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
What version is the most up to date for Java?

Version 7 update 17 as of last night I believe.

So no Heromod for tourny.... ughh

As for you. I'm going to tell you once and only once. I'm tired of your complaining. Ever since the update happened thats all that has been in your posts. "No heromod for tourny, gg tourny." or "I heard technic doesnt have optifine." if your not going to take the time to do this yourself, then stop your constant complaining as it gets us and/or the community nowhere. Post something constructive or stop posting here.

Also in the spitit of what gabizou would say.

590eZP9.png

gabizou is working hard to decompile and reform Heromod for 1.5. Be patient. You guys lived for ages without it. Just calm down.

Danda - Let this be known this is my warning to him, anything past this I'm going to report.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Do I have to clear my old java before updating like it said in the FTB forums?

MrBuddha19

Iron
So does this modpack not work? cus I've been tryin to find out how to get the modpack or how to get the mods for it. do i just install tha mods myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.