• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Region size reset after upgrading my town.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
So I upgraded my town, Drakenvale. I went to measure the new regions, and they had seemed to have increase as expected. I logged back on within a hour and the regions had reset back to the Hamlet size. Everything else seems to have registered as us upgrading.

Also, when I upgraded the town from Hamlet to Town the message displayed said something along the lines of "you have upgraded your town, Drakenvale to a City!" just a small thing.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So I upgraded my town, Drakenvale. I went to measure the new regions, and they had seemed to have increase as expected. I logged back on within a hour and the regions had reset back to the Hamlet size. Everything else seems to have registered as us upgrading.

Also, when I upgraded the town from Hamlet to Town the message displayed said something along the lines of "you have upgraded your town, Drakenvale to a City!" just a small thing.

Thanks for all the hard work!
forgot to mention it in the thread but I fixed it last night.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
tyty, and I'm real jealous of your internet speeds from your signature :eek:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
tyty, and I'm real jealous of your internet speeds from your signature :eek:
Sadly it's actually better than that but the limiting factor is the network card's bandwidth :p
Also my Home internet is about as good but my upload isn't as great.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Sadly it's actually better than that but the limiting factor is the network card's bandwidth :p
Also my Home internet is about as good but my upload isn't as great.
With this issue being fixed - why did it happen? do we need @gabizou to code in a quick-save when it upgrades?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
With this issue being fixed - why did it happen? do we need @gabizou to code in a quick-save when it upgrades?
This was a quick fix by myself Gabi has been made aware of the issue and is working on finding the real cause and fixing it.

I force reclaimed the region using "/town admin reclaim [town]" which would recalculate the town's region based on it's current size using the block I was stood on as the center point. It seemed to save after this so we're not certain what the root cause it but as I said it's being looked into.