• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Red Alert

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Anyone remember Red Alert?
Well I recently found a project called OpenRA which is rebuilding all of the old Westwood games in a new engine and are updating the Interfact with a few more user friendly features (Build Queues, hotkeys etc) as well as updating the multiplayer to be more user friendly and updated to use modern internet protocols.

Just curious if anyone else wants to play sometime and maybe if there is some interest we can host a small tournament or something for shits and giggles.

http://openra.res0l.net/

Games they've built so far:
  • Dune 2
  • Command & Conquer
  • Red Alert

Cncra-win-cover.jpg
Red-Alert.jpg

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I own every single C&C Game. Love that shit.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Preferred Age of Empires and starcraft over these games, or even Warcraft.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I own every single C&C Game. Love that shit.

I threw away a lot of my old games on 5.25" and 3.5" disks as nothing would play them. I do miss the old games - where the game play was good because it had to be. Now a lot of the new games are all about graphics and the game play suffers.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I threw away a lot of my old games on 5.25" and 3.5" disks as nothing would play them. I do miss the old games - where the game play was good because it had to be. Now a lot of the new games are all about graphics and the game play suffers.

I agree completely. seems like games are being pushed through a cookie cutter now, nice and polished looking, garbage stories.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I agree completely. seems like games are being pushed through a cookie cutter now, nice and polished looking, garbage stories.
Most stuff yes but you can find gems in there still. The Witcher for example

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
With the exception of the EA-made garbage (but Kane's Wrath was alright) I have played all the C&C games. They were my RTS of choice back when RTS games were relevant.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I grew up on C&C.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Last edited:

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Pretty much the same here :p

I haven't played C&C 4 and I refuse to :p
I played it because I got it as part of that superpack they sell, and...... yeah....... not thanks.

d3m0nc1ld

Glowing Redstone
Brings back memories, me as a kid watching my grandfather play that game hours on end, then finally I got old enough to play em, I own all the Tiberium saga C&C games, as well as most of the Red Alert series. I also own renegade and generals, as well as SC, SC2, Warcraft, Warcraft II And Warcraft III, I still play the origional C&C from time to time, Shall I forever miss the Wonders of Westwood Studios.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yea the story line was completely destroyed in the last C&C game =[