• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Reason why I think Herocraft is win [RANT WARNING]

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't think that the issue lies with not getting free LWCs, it lies with the fact that the economy has changed but prices on things like LWCs, class cost, etc have stayed the same. I leveled ligitmately completely through crafter and half way through lostsoul and only got maybe 200 souls, and that's with voting and selling shards. Now, I've gotten over a stack of gold, and in the old economy, that would be over 500c, which is enough to at least buy 1 LWC or become a profession and tiered class.

We are working on the economy, with the addition of custom item drops, we weren't completely sure how we wanted to scale it and it is still very much a work-in-progress.

If you think there should be changes made to the amount of souls given by each shard, or fragment - OR if you think the costs of everything overall should be altered (which I have discussed with Kainzo) I would suggest posting in the suggestions.

Other than my own complaining about cost, and this thread, I haven't seen anybody say a word about it (not that I've been looking very hard)... We do need input. If people don't say anything, we'll assume that the system is functioning as we hoped and as everyone feels is ideal.

I think that this could work well with the previously discussed options of a single free LWC and then scaling after. But I still think a lot of the issues stem from overall cost.
How could you possibly level to 30 crafter and halfway trough Lost Soul earning only 200 souls?

When I hit lvl 30 Lost Soul (I was a lvl 5 crafter), I had gathered souls and frags worth 650s that I warped to spawn and sold before speccing while still having over 400s left. I haven't mined a single ore yet, all the souls and frags are from PvE. All the crafter levels I have (Now 7) are from crafting, farming and cutting logs. I am way wealthier now than I was at the same time past maps as I don't really like mining for currency and the soul drop rates are good for PvE.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
How could you possibly level to 30 crafter and halfway trough Lost Soul earning only 200 souls?

When I hit lvl 30 Lost Soul (I was a lvl 5 crafter), I had gathered souls and frags worth 650s that I warped to spawn and sold before speccing while still having over 400s left. I haven't mined a single ore yet, all the souls and frags are from PvE. All the crafter levels I have (Now 7) are from crafting, farming and cutting logs. I am way wealthier now than I was at the same time past maps as I don't really like mining for currency and the soul drop rates are good for PvE.
The spawn rates have been altered many times over, perhaps you were leveling during a time when they were generous. I happen to have plenty of money as well, but then again I didn't have to pay for LWCs. The income flow seemed to vary greatly during my time leveling, and that's all I've been doing.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

my first 30 lvls of crafter soul shards didnt drop from mining, not that surprising.
(I even made a bug report about it, it is now fixed)

teddytazer

Soulsand
I think a solution would be reduce warp's cool down to the same as recall. Being a new player without lwc access or a protected town to join, having warp is the best way for a new player to sell his souls in order to save for that much needed protected chest.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
  • FACT: You got way more money on the gold system
  • FACT: LWC's are the same price as when we were on the gold system
  • SUGGESTION: Increase the drop chance of souls AND/OR decrease the price of LWC's

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
Honestly the solution is to have a scaled system. Your first LWC could be 200ish, as a non-donor and then each one would increase by crazy volumes...

Supporters could go to FREE -> 50-100 and then increase from there. It would solve a bit of problems but @Hidendra would have to fix it.

Increase drop rates and/or decrease LWC price.

PanFlake

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd say just reduced prices of lwcs. Not too expensive, but also not too cheap. I mean, recently I've seen that the most money someone has on /money top would have ~2000 souls.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
  • FACT: You got way more money on the gold system
  • FACT: LWC's are the same price as when we were on the gold system
  • SUGGESTION: Increase the drop chance of souls AND/OR decrease the price of LWC's
FACT: mob drops are higher than they were last map.