• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Reason why I think Herocraft is win [RANT WARNING]

Northac

Obsidian
In fact, this map around, supporter tiers got less of a decrease with LWC/Residence than previously.

This is true, last map it was 7, it has dropped to 5. and while i sympathize with you on this (as it happened to me a bunch last map) these are not game breaking perks. Ive seen players who do nothing but raid and pvp, these guys get good at finding stuff, and if the same thing happens to them as to STDs (and admit it, others as well, it happens to us all at some point) then they will take whatever they can get. As has been said, just wait, Kainzo and co. are working on changes, (towns has been talked about a decrease in price) si they will get to issues like lwc prices and such in due time.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Back on topic though, having free chests this early on in the map is amazing, but it's not a necessity. Once towns are able to become chartered (this weekend I think) you can simply join a town and put dirt ontop of your chests like all the other scrubs. A few months later you'll be rolling in shards without the requirement of dropping a single LWC.

In a nutshell, LWCs are great, and probably necessary... until you join a town. At that point (unless you're an idiot) your stuff will never be safer.

hux0

Legacy Supporter 3
Nowadays, everything is P2W once someone has some kind of advantage compared to yourself. In this case, it is a LWC.

Or in my case, it is pupils/students with more free-time than I have. I get ganked over and over by 13 year olds that have more time and level faster than me.

Remove LWCs! Limit everyone to 1 hour of HC a day! Everyone will be happy.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
trizze, if finding souls is your only problem, youll be ok. drop rates for ore is constantly being adjusted, and on one 30 minute mining trip tonight, I probably got about 100c+ worth of souls. if lwc costs become an issue, maybe we need to discuss lowering the price of lwc's to reflect a map where money is harder to come by to allow more 'casual' players the ability to protect their shit. Comparing this map to the last, with the amount of gold I have, I would have about 5000c, but rather I have about 1200 souls, and I have mastered lost soul, dragoon, and miner which means i've been doing my part to earn maximum amount of souls in this new system yet the general price of things,(redstone from dhx, lwcs, personal regions) has remained the same.

so what I'm sayin is, maybe its time for a rework on item prices

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I believe that it won't be a problem at all. People that don't have the money to get lwcs will just have to wait to join a town and then they are abouslutely fine. I had a problem when I was a noob for like 2 days then I joined my friends town boom I'm fine for a year without being a tier 8.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Honestly the solution is to have a scaled system. Your first LWC could be 200ish, as a non-donor and then each one would increase by crazy volumes...

Supporters could go to FREE -> 50-100 and then increase from there. It would solve a bit of problems but @Hidendra would have to fix it.

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
Nowadays, everything is P2W once someone has some kind of advantage compared to yourself. In this case, it is a LWC.

Or in my case, it is pupils/students with more free-time than I have. I get ganked over and over by 13 year olds that have more time and level faster than me.

Remove LWCs! Limit everyone to 1 hour of HC a day! Everyone will be happy.
I'm sorry but your argument makes no sense. Pupils or students do not pay for their free time and therefore it's not an issue about pay to win but play to win since they play more.

trizze, if finding souls is your only problem, youll be ok. drop rates for ore is constantly being adjusted, and on one 30 minute mining trip tonight, I probably got about 100c+ worth of souls. if lwc costs become an issue, maybe we need to discuss lowering the price of lwc's to reflect a map where money is harder to come by to allow more 'casual' players the ability to protect their shit. Comparing this map to the last, with the amount of gold I have, I would have about 5000c, but rather I have about 1200 souls, and I have mastered lost soul, dragoon, and miner which means i've been doing my part to earn maximum amount of souls in this new system yet the general price of things,(redstone from dhx, lwcs, personal regions) has remained the same.

so what I'm sayin is, maybe its time for a rework on item prices

You have to remember that crafters can't use diamond picks which means their mining trips are less efficient. A diamond pick is 25% more efficient compared to an iron pickaxe far as I know (source: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Pickaxe). And I don't really believe that you've gotten 100souls in 30 minutes. You must've been pretty lucky since I've gotten to lvl 30 (which has to be more than two and a half hour mining...)

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
Honestly the solution is to have a scaled system. Your first LWC could be 200ish, as a non-donor and then each one would increase by crazy volumes...

Supporters could go to FREE -> 50-100 and then increase from there. It would solve a bit of problems but @Hidendra would have to fix it.
That's a very good idea actually although the starting price might need to be higher. That would lessen the amounts of LWCS on the map and make raiding and pvping more encouraged I think.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

Honestly I feel like that's a broken system being a tier 8 with it costing only 50-100 souls per chest is pretty damn nice but I still feel like that would just be to easy I think it should stay the same just because as soon as the towns plugin is done and people start making their towns 0 people will complain about it unless they want to go solo which is like 1/100 of the server

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Honestly I feel like that's a broken system being a tier 8 with it costing only 50-100 souls per chest is pretty damn nice but I still feel like that would just be to easy I think it should stay the same just because as soon as the towns plugin is done and people start making their towns 0 people will complain about it unless they want to go solo which is like 1/100 of the server
It would scale.

LWC 1 = FREE
LWC 2 = FREE
LWC 3 = FREE
LWC 4 = FREE
LWC 5 = 50s
LWC 6 = 100s
LWC 6 = 200s
LWC 7 = 300s
LWC 8 = 400s

etc.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
It would scale.

LWC 1 = FREE
LWC 2 = FREE
LWC 3 = FREE
LWC 4 = FREE
LWC 5 = 50s
LWC 6 = 100s
LWC 6 = 200s
LWC 7 = 300s
LWC 8 = 400s

etc.
I guess that's better then, good luck to whoever is doing the scaling for each rank of supporter lol.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
I am a tier 2 donor which gives me a 50 soul discount on lwcs. It's not much compared to tier 3 and 4 players who gets free lwcs at the start of the map.

Under my 28 levels of crafter and 13 levels of lost soul I've gotten 246 souls. Like I said, I need 450 souls for an lwc. Think about how much I need to play in order to get to 450 souls and then compare that to tier 3+ who gets a free lwc at the start of the map. This secures their items from day one unlike me or any non-donors who has to play constantly for a week to get that amount of souls. It was fine in the previous maps since you could actually sell the things you've mined (gold), but since it was replaced with soulshards it takes too long to get the money.

I'm writing this thread because I lost all my stuff and heard people talking about how Herocraft is and isn't pay to win.

Before any of you guys tell me to hide my chest better I'll just explain how my base works. I have a base inside of a mountain, it has no visible entrance, the mountain is not lit up at all, I've made the terrain natural so that you can't jump up without breaking a single block. Inside of my base I have three chests.

One chest is in the open with a sign above it saying: "Gems and Valueables", I put 1-3 diamonds, some lapis and gold in there everytime I go to bed, if someone would raid me they would go "Lol he has his chest in the open, kthxbye" and leave my base after looting it.

My second chest is hidden under the wall across the entrance, I put around 1/3 of my stuff in there. So that if someone thinks it's suspicious that I have an open chest they'll find that one and loot it and go "kthxbye".

My third chest is located four blocks under the floor and is very randomly placed. I always replace the floor with stone blocks even under the floor when I open it.

If I was one donor tier higher I wouldn't have to do everything I just mentioned. But apparently someone thought of all these things and dug up all my chests. (Must've been a clever person...)

TL;DR Anway, enough of me ranting. I think free lwcs are pay to win and the current way of getting money isn't efficient enough.

What do you think?

I don't think that the issue lies with not getting free LWCs, it lies with the fact that the economy has changed but prices on things like LWCs, class cost, etc have stayed the same. I leveled ligitmately completely through crafter and half way through lostsoul and only got maybe 200 souls, and that's with voting and selling shards. Now, I've gotten over a stack of gold, and in the old economy, that would be over 500c, which is enough to at least buy 1 LWC or become a profession and tiered class.

We are working on the economy, with the addition of custom item drops, we weren't completely sure how we wanted to scale it and it is still very much a work-in-progress.

If you think there should be changes made to the amount of souls given by each shard, or fragment - OR if you think the costs of everything overall should be altered (which I have discussed with Kainzo) I would suggest posting in the suggestions.

Other than my own complaining about cost, and this thread, I haven't seen anybody say a word about it (not that I've been looking very hard)... We do need input. If people don't say anything, we'll assume that the system is functioning as we hoped and as everyone feels is ideal.

I think that this could work well with the previously discussed options of a single free LWC and then scaling after. But I still think a lot of the issues stem from overall cost.

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't think that the issue lies with not getting free LWCs, it lies with the fact that the economy has changed but prices on things like LWCs, class cost, etc have stayed the same. I leveled ligitmately completely through crafter and half way through lostsoul and only got maybe 200 souls, and that's with voting and selling shards. Now, I've gotten over a stack of gold, and in the old economy, that would be over 500c, which is enough to at least buy 1 LWC or become a profession and tiered class.

We are working on the economy, with the addition of custom item drops, we weren't completely sure how we wanted to scale it and it is still very much a work-in-progress.

If you think there should be changes made to the amount of souls given by each shard, or fragment - OR if you think the costs of everything overall should be altered (which I have discussed with Kainzo) I would suggest posting in the suggestions.

Other than my own complaining about cost, and this thread, I haven't seen anybody say a word about it (not that I've been looking very hard)... We do need input. If people don't say anything, we'll assume that the system is functioning as we hoped and as everyone feels is ideal.

I think that this could work well with the previously discussed options of a single free LWC and then scaling after. But I still think a lot of the issues stem from overall cost.
Yeah I was kind of vague with describing the problem, I wasn't really trying to say that it's unfair how tier3+ donors are getting free lwcs. I guess my main complaint was the current rate and way of getting money which creates a larger gap between tier3+ donors and lower tiers. Soulshards not as efficient as selling gold obviously but I think the drop rates are a bit too low in order to "replace" the old DHX system. I realized this halfway through the thread sorry about the confusion

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm sorry but your argument makes no sense. Pupils or students do not pay for their free time and therefore it's not an issue about pay to win but play to win since they play more.

You have to remember that crafters can't use diamond picks which means their mining trips are less efficient. A diamond pick is 25% more efficient compared to an iron pickaxe far as I know (source: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Pickaxe). And I don't really believe that you've gotten 100souls in 30 minutes. You must've been pretty lucky since I've gotten to lvl 30 (which has to be more than two and a half hour mining...)

eff 4 pick + excavate = GG