• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Reason why I think Herocraft is win [RANT WARNING]

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
We need donators to support this server. It has to have its perks to keep people donating. I somewhat agree that donors have it way easy in the beginning of the map but its not exactly pay to win that they have free lwcs. Non donators can get to the same place in rank as a donor. its a bummer that town aren't in yet and people still have to hide their stuff. In bastion towns were set up within 2 days of the map wipe. Kainzo is going to change this. He is going to make everyone have a residence. It gets bigger with donor tier of course. Non donors can still make locked chests. I have been playing no where close to some people but have mangaged to get around 1200 s total. Enough for 2 locked chests, which is about how many items I own.

Herocraft is certainly not P2W but I see where you're coming from. At the beginning of the map this is a problem but wait like 2-3~ weeks and this will definitely not be a problem. Its just because towns aren't implemented that non donors have a tough time getting their stuff protected. Also LWCs are much more expensive compared to last map so its harder to get 500s than 500c. Just wait it out HC won't be p2w.
Maybe in the future LWCs could be disabled early in the map. But I don't think its that big of a problem.
(Oh and I'm not a donor.)
Edit: Just thought I'd add donors on other servers get fly, Free diamonds, Unlimted Gear, XP levels.... etc.
Please dont call this server p2w as it will scare noobs away.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
i think your issue is with x-rayers and not with people who pay to have many lwc chests. obviously it is an advantage to be able to protect more of your stuff, but i wouldnt call it 'pay to win'. you should probably just pe your chest, and find out who stole the stuff and get them banned because x-raying is bullshit

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, no. 2 days ago I was leveling my class next to a giant mountain. Due to my shitty laptop I was getting 10 fps and the mountain was taking its time to render. It was revealed to me an entire room etched into the mountain full of chests. Shitty laptops have their disadvantages, but this was an advantage, for sure.
"Chunk Loading Errors" are still x-ray in their own way. You where able to see something you weren't supposed to and exploited that information.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I was not always a donor. No one has ever found my chests. I now use the majority of my free lwcs for lower level guild members and town members to store their valuables. Join a town or up and coming town and protect your stuff. Hardships at the start of your HC career are part o the experience. It forces people to band together.

How about no pvp at all? or no raiding either one Im a noob idk how I signed up on this never heard of it but I have a 1 year old account :/

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
As a decently high tier donor I have to agree with this completely. If you are brand new to the server you aren't going to have a good time especially when there aren't really towns yet. I for one have like 3-4 free lwc's while a ton of newer players aren't really sure whats going on and they get raided a minute later. Unless you are social and you can find a veteran player with private regions and LWC's you are going to have a bad time right now. However the pay to win almost completely demolishes when towns come into play.
Completely disagree with you. I started solo with little to no knowledge of the server or even the game. However with common sense and a tendency to not trust people I don't know - I did very well hiding my chests until I was able to afford LWC's. I even went on to saving up enough funds to start my own town which eventually became my own personal region due to the lax of town enforcement.

With the new money system, maybe prices should be changed or drop rates increased? Mining/Mobs seem extremely unrewarding with the current system.

How about no pvp at all? or no raiding either one Im a noob idk how I signed up on this never heard of it but I have a 1 year old account :/
I laughed so hard at this.

Personally, once towns come out all of this will be over. Sure, they have an advantage now. But once towns come up, LWCs won't be as important.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
In response to the first post, I've been kinda feeling more this way on this map. It seems like for most players (I know there are probably a small number of players that are super rich already) it is more difficult to get money now. Shards don't seem to drop all that often when you compare against how easily sellable ores could be had on previous maps. However, the price of things like LWCs hasn't changed to match that. Maybe Kainzo & the balancing team decided they want money to be harder to come by, that's fine... but the reciprocal to that (using big words to sound all legit here) is that the free LWC perks give a much bigger advantage to t3+ donors.

I was considering how difficult it would be for me starting out solo on this map, if i wasn't a t3 donor, and I was kinda distraught at the notion. Maybe gold should be given some value, or perhaps LWC prices could be reduced by 40% or so.

I also don't know what they have in mind going forward for balancing the map, so these are just some basic ideas.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
"Chunk Loading Errors" are still x-ray in their own way. You where able to see something you weren't supposed to and exploited that information.

i agree with this. stds is gonna get butt hurt that im not defending him, but this is definitely an exploit and you should feel like a scumbag.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're the only server that isnt pay2win. You might want to rethink your definition of "pay2win"

People can pay/donate to get ease of use but it grants no benefit in combat, on the battlefield or an unfair advantage of leveling faster than someone else.

We strive hard to make these perks balanced and not upset the balance of non-supporter vs supporting.

In fact, this map around, supporter tiers got less of a decrease with LWC/Residence than previously.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
While I can agree that LWC prices across the board should be lowered thanks to the slow rate of income with the new soul system, this is such a minor complaint that I can't define it as pay2win.

This is just the wrong time and the wrong place to make this argument. Town's aren't done and personal regions are very expensive vs the current rate of income and the same can be applied to LWC prices. It wasn't nearly this bad during previous maps where gold was income. Non-donors were better off back then and if the soul thing gets fixed it will be just like it was before - just fine.

If anybody is listening to public chats - staff is working real hard on the soul bugs and drop rates to improve the economy.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Not really pay to win but I do think the lwc prices need to be re-evaluated in the new money system. At the very least the first lwc that is payed for should be half off.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Seriously though, at that point, I can't un-see. Am I seriously supposed to ignore the fact that I saw a mountain full of chests? That's a tough ethical decision right there.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
Seriously though, at that point, I can't un-see. Am I seriously supposed to ignore the fact that I saw a mountain full of chests? That's a tough ethical decision right there.

well yeah, it's an ethical decision, and you displayed bad ethics lol

and then you displayed bad judgement by admitting it in this forum lol. enjoy your 3 day ban

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
We're the only server that isnt pay2win. You might want to rethink your definition of "pay2win"

People can pay/donate to get ease of use but it grants no benefit in combat, on the battlefield or an unfair advantage of leveling faster than someone else.

We strive hard to make these perks balanced and not upset the balance of non-supporter vs supporting.

In fact, this map around, supporter tiers got less of a decrease with LWC/Residence than previously.
I do agree that this server is one of the least pay2win servers out there, and I realize that I might've been a bit over dramatic with the usage of the term "pay to win". But I still think LWCs add to a small pay to win element now that it's much harder to get souls.

Collecting souls is basically the issue for me and for some other people, it's just not profitable enough to compensate for the loss of DHX.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
well yeah, it's an ethical decision, and you displayed bad ethics lol

and then you displayed bad judgement by admitting it in this forum lol. enjoy your 3 day ban
lol, whatever. If accidentally stumbling upon the keys to the city is wrong, then I don't want to be right. I even told the guy afterward that I found his place and looted the only 2 things I deemed valuable (1 diamond shovel, 1 diamond horse armor). @MatthewJadespear, if you want those two things back, I'll be willing to sell it for 10 souls. I'm a modern day Robin Hood.