• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rangers Bow damage and other skills questions.

Asunalee

Dirt
So im thinking about becoming a ranger but I'm worried about not being able to do enough damage with the bow per hit. So my questions are:
1. How much does the damage for the bow increase with agility points and level?
(the wiki says that agility increases it but not by how much it does like with strength for melee characters.)

2. I am a little apprehensive with the choice initially since they don't get access to any bow skills (besides envenom) until level 30, so is this an issue for anyone else who is/has played ranger?

3. Does the BowStrength Passive increase the bow damage by 20% as well as the arrow flight speed?

kyurem2613

Legacy Supporter 2
1. You can do around 200 damage with a bow at around 43 agility (I'm too lazy to calculate damage increase per level)

2. That is a very trivial issue if you are playing on haven, monsters give loads of experience and the default bow damage is pretty good if you're raising agility. The main problem is the trek to summonarrow at level 13

3. BowStrength increases bow damage slightly, but I don't think it's percentile based, I think it's because of the arrow flying faster = more damage.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Masterd Ranger last map ;)

1. How much does the damage for the bow increase with agility points and level?
(the wiki says that agility increases it but not by how much it does like with strength for melee characters.) I don't think anything scales with leveling anymore, and I belive you take /hero tools damage and x4 for bow and I started with 37.48 and got to 37.66 so when you do the math it increased by .72 per agility point :)

2. I am a little apprehensive with the choice initially since they don't get access to any bow skills (besides envenom) until level 30, so is this an issue for anyone else who is/has played ranger? Nah not really, I mean I just used infinity bows until then and axes, Axes do break fast but I mean its only 13 levels.

3. Does the BowStrength Passive increase the bow damage by 20% as well as the arrow flight speed? Yeah so like in theory you wont need to charge your bow up as much to get a greater effect. (If that makes sense)