• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Raise Class Level Cap to 100

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
By doing so:

It will require players to spend more time/energy in each class in order to master it;
It will give advantages to the PVPers who are dedicated to HC over those who are not;
It will allow new spells and abilities to be added to each class if desired (though I suggest that the current spells not be diluted by spreading them over the 35 new levels - they are fine where they are atm);
It will allow more powerful characters and groups for the highly-anticipated dungeons/instances;
It would be fun :)

Thanks,

-yav

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
By doing so:

It will require players to spend more time/energy in each class in order to master it;
It will give advantages to the PVPers who are dedicated to HC over those who are not;
It will allow new spells and abilities to be added to each class if desired (though I suggest that the current spells not be diluted by spreading them over the 35 new levels - they are fine where they are atm);
It will allow more powerful characters and groups for the highly-anticipated dungeons/instances;

Thanks,

-yav
this is the opposite of what we're trying to do atm.

All this would do is:

• Drive new players away (bad)

• Make the gap between 1 and max even bigger (bad, EXACTLY opposite of what we're working towards)

• Make for OP 1 shot skills vs low lvls (bad)

1. Be a bitch for balancing (bad) (and "balance" team is quite empty)

• IF new skills we're added (never would or could happen at this time) would be hell for coding (dont have a dedicated coder for this stuff right now) be a bitch to balance *again* (bad) and take time away from whats important right now (bad)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo Already Increased leveling this map, this would make more people quit Coolbeans said it Nice (Wtf he did something good for once)

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
this is the opposite of what we're trying to do atm.

All this would do is:

• Drive new players away (bad)

• Make the gap between 1 and max even bigger (bad, EXACTLY opposite of what we're working towards)

• Make for OP 1 shot skills vs low lvls (bad)

1. Be a bitch for balancing (bad) (and "balance" team is quite empty)

• IF new skills we're added (never would or could happen at this time) would be hell for coding (dont have a dedicated coder for this stuff right now) be a bitch to balance *again* (bad) and take time away from whats important right now (bad)

When you say "we", @CoolBeans279 , what group of people are you referring to? Are you part of those teams, or simply speaking on their behalf? For I am part of the HC community as well, and as a "we", I disagree with your statements:

There is no reason to drive new players away through raising the levels. There are two servers that can be utilized in two different ways (as is happening): safe leveling on Sanctuary; PVP action on Aegis. Your need a better argument than just "this will drive new players away." Give some reasons why.

Balancing more levels would cause no greater issues than we current work to address. I'm sure World of Warcraft (or any game) that has raised its level cap over the years didn't let balancing issues stop them from progressive level caps.

As I said in my opening suggestion, we don't have to add new skills - rather it is simply an option. If anything, it would give more attributes and health to those who actually level cap their characters versus those who aren't up for the task. This allows those dedicated to HC a tactical advantage to those who are fly-by-night gamers.

The counterargument to this is that people cap a class quickly, then cap another class quickly, then cap another class quickly... then they get "bored" and then leave HC as a function of boredom. So if both actions ultimately end up with the same result of low population, why not give players who are here and wanting to play something to strive toward?

-yav

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
When you say "we", @CoolBeans279 , what group of people are you referring to? Are you part of those teams, or simply speaking on their behalf? For I am part of the HC community as well, and as a "we", I disagree with your statements:

There is no reason to drive new players away through raising the levels. There are two servers that can be utilized in two different ways (as is happening): safe leveling on Sanctuary; PVP action on Aegis. Your need a better argument than just "this will drive new players away." Give some reasons why.

Balancing more levels would cause no greater issues than we current work to address. I'm sure World of Warcraft (or any game) that has raised its level cap over the years didn't let balancing issues stop them from progressive level caps.

As I said in my opening suggestion, we don't have to add new skills - rather it is simply an option. If anything, it would give more attributes and health to those who actually level cap their characters versus those who aren't up for the task. This allows those dedicated to HC a tactical advantage to those who are fly-by-night gamers.

The counterargument to this is that people cap a class quickly, then cap another class quickly, then cap another class quickly... then they get "bored" and then leave HC as a function of boredom. So if both actions ultimately end up with the same result of low population, why not give players who are here and wanting to play something to strive toward?

-yav
I give up, i disagree with everything you say here.

And, you didn't address half the other issues this poses.

I'm done trying to help HC, fuck it. Good luck with this shit.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
By doing so:

Thanks,

-yav
People dont want to put more time and energy into an already grindy proccess.

Herocraft at this point doesnt really need to prove which pvpers are more "dedicated".

Why spread it out? You will only push players away even more by having the skills they want take longer to aquire.

Or you could scale the bosses off the current lvl.

Also the whole changing the way attributes work, and making lvl differences less severe directly goes against what you are suggesting as @CoolBeans279 stated.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

-yav
games that increase their lvl cap have finished their other projects first.
lets just give more hp to max people and attributes so I can go 100 agi ranger and 1 shot low lvls right?
the worst part of HC for ALOT of people is lvling, and this has been stated numerous times before so why would they increase the grind? It was already increased this map which in my opinion was incredibly stupid. you have new players that need to spend days lvling a class just to even survive 2 mins against a max player.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're making it so you get less "increases" per level - so the difference between players is skill and planning. It's a long process but almost ready to push it.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
We're making it so you get less "increases" per level - so the difference between players is skill and planning. It's a long process but almost ready to push it.
Does this mean we will not be going up to lvl 70 as planned?

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Thank you to all who voiced their opinion. I hope that it provided a forum to offer up your best argument and get your thoughts and feelings off your chest. :)

-yav