• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Quick question on gamma

dBeMC

Legacy Supporter 7
Are you allowed to manually set gamma=10 in the config file? On all servers i've played on in the past the staff were cool with it, but I see you write that lighting mods aren't allowed in the rules which is why i'm asking here since it technically speaking isn't a mod

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Anything that effectually changes gameplay or gives an advantage, including turning monitor brightness all the way up in order to mine without torches, is technically illegal. Read closer and you will see.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I know its legal to set your in-game vanilla menu to anything you desire.
Optifine settings that are illegal to use have been disabled.
Using those legal methods you may set your game settings.

Going into the config and manually fiddling with the Gamma sounds like a hacked jar/client. I know you are not changing anything too serious, but if it IS legal then we would see a rule stating so, and probably community written forum guides on how to change your gamma. Therefore, I would hazard to guess that this is ILLEGAL.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Modifications in your client that gives you any sort of advantage is illegal unless stated otherwise.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Anything that effectually changes gameplay or gives an advantage, including turning monitor brightness all the way up in order to mine without torches, is technically illegal. Read closer and you will see.
I'm sure that changing your computer monitor brightness is NOT illegal, nor will it ever be possible for someone to control/check, its a basic setting of your computer...

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Turning brightness up to mine without torches is illegal? I see torchless tunnels constantly.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
Um To be completely honest I had, under the advisement of someone else that at this moment I do not recall the users name, increased the gamma to 7. Upon reading this I have lowered the gamma to 4, what is the original gamma setting for minecraft?

Oh and I always used to move my torches along my mine from one area to another while I mine, along with doors for when mobs spawn. I brought this up because a torch less mine may have had the torches taken from it. One thing I have learnt is that most people are not willing to use up/leave behind what they do not have to.