• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Quest Team

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Actually, I had a different idea then what I posted. the entire second half of that first post was just me thinking a long as I went. I decided to make it a little bit more role playing so that it would so that it would have a better transaction into the dragarguard quests. I was thinking of having a different map for the dragonguard quest, maybe have it in theMuseum dragonguard map just set up a bunch of quest there. I think that you could probably set up a bunch of NPC's there,and quest in the old dragonguard. I'm not sure but if you can have regions in the museum map, that would be amazing.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
arcanegrove I'm really loving your ideas! A series of quests that had a story tied together would be awesome! This would allow for different people to input quest ideas, and, for the sake of the players, keep the quests interesting. A dedicated area for quests seems in order. In your original idea, the quest requiring many stacks of materials seems a bit far out. I doubt anyone would give up 4-5 stacks of gunpowder. I would maybe give up 4-5 stacks of bones, but it does seem a little unrealistic. If we did want to go in that direction, I would suggest that the quest gives a very large reward*, and has no repeatability.

*To justify the large amount of resources, I would say the reward might be upwards of 1000 xp.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Actually, the idea of geting lots of mats is not only for the sake of moving forward in the quest, but also lvling while killing the mobs. While i can be Semi creative plot and story teller, i'm not the best detailer, so the reason for giving such high costs for doing the quest, is because, at the end of maps, and even now, people have so much money, that they can buy just about anything. A high end quest for the richer, or more dedicated HeroCraft player is what i had in mind while creating the quest.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Actually, the idea of geting lots of mats is not only for the sake of moving forward in the quest, but also lvling while killing the mobs. While i can be Semi creative plot and story teller, i'm not the best detailer, so the reason for giving such high costs for doing the quest, is because, at the end of maps, and even now, people have so much money, that they can buy just about anything. A high end quest for the richer, or more dedicated HeroCraft player is what i had in mind while creating the quest.
See I'm the other way around. I'm good at detailing but I'm utterly useless at building an entire project :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Hmm, It would be cool to have a different quest line for every biom. Make a little village for every biom, or every x meters, and have a quest line there. Oh, How about, having a main story line, and you go from biom to biom completing these quests, and doing the side quests as well (Making the side quests Redoable?). Yeah, that would be cool.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Been running quest ideas in my head for a bit now, but all I can come up with are class based ones from character lore and unusable Futureverse ones D: Its hard to weave around the ideas in place at the moment, but I'll keep trying to fabricate something intricate.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Yeah, in my original quest thred that i did a long time ago, most of my idea were for class based. It would be cool to have a few quests that have nothing to do with killing or such. A few parkour quests would be interesting.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I read someone making somthing about adventure mode? Doing that would be as easy as making a command block and then simply type in "@p gamemode adventure" it takes the nearest player to the command block and turns them in adventure mode. Another button would ofcourse be needed with "@p gamemode survival".
I'll post something if I get some ideas. It's sad we can't work with the Custom NPCs plugin/mod.

A

alexhoff1

i'd be interested to learn, and I'll get some script ideas and send them to you :L

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I read someone making somthing about adventure mode? Doing that would be as easy as making a command block and then simply type in "@p gamemode adventure" it takes the nearest player to the command block and turns them in adventure mode. Another button would ofcourse be needed with "@p gamemode survival".
I'll post something if I get some ideas. It's sad we can't work with the Custom NPCs plugin/mod.
Why denizens is capable of just as much... only difference being damage isn't implemented and that plugin has a better interface because it's also a client mod.

AcexWild

Legacy Supporter 4
I remember back in Sanctum we had these hidden areas, that had mazes, and jump quests in them. At the end you would receive a special skill. Maybe we can implement something like this but the quest is to get to the end of the maze.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I remember back in Sanctum we had these hidden areas, that had mazes, and jump quests in them. At the end you would receive a special skill. Maybe we can implement something like this but the quest is to get to the end of the maze.
Make the quest the reward for completing the maze! Ingeniousew!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Really busy IRL atm so I've not had much time to work on this.