• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pvp tournament - Resist Failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Resist Failures team - @Kainzo
1. lhatchy1
2. ArchMage_Lloyd
3. MrAwesomeShadow
4. Malomarcus
5. alexhoff1

Sub

1. Falker57

That was copy pasted straight from the thread.
This was the team they used:

Archmage_lloyd
159someothernumbers
falker57
plob5
haxnn

Anyone else see something wrong?

Also why are subs allowed to be put in without notifying the other team? It allows for no preparation or strategy changing, it just throws us into a match blindly.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Oh jbird we can only hope, but since it's a done deal I honestly doubt it, but don't worry... we'll be back next time and this time lets hope the other team isn't completely changed on us! :p

c12095

Holy Shit!
Was it unfair? Yes. Was it a complete game stopper? No. You guys just need to be more flexible, its honestly not that hard to switch up your strategy...

malmenca

Diamond
But, to have to go against a geo with firewave? It's a blatantly op/broken skill. (Haxnn one hit Graink, a 60 dreadknight, over 1k health.) If SG knew what they were up against they could have easily altered strat's and fought accordingly. They were still trying to determine who was actually playing for the resist fails team as the second fight started.

A

alexhoff1

I personally have something to add,

I had to go due to IRL reasons, and mrawesome had to go because he didn't tell us that he was on a different team.

159 got on and needed a team, and falker was a sub. IDK how haxnn got on the team, as I had to leave before that was discussed.

though in the end I personally get nothing but a bunch of tags <3 thanks guys!

Joka10

Soulsand
I personally have something to add,

I had to go due to IRL reasons, and mrawesome had to go because he didn't tell us that he was on a different team.

159 got on and needed a team, and falker was a sub. IDK how haxnn got on the team, as I had to leave before that was discussed.

though in the end I personally get nothing but a bunch of tags <3 thanks guys!
Yeah, I love how nobody off of RF ever even considered that the substitutions might be for other reasons than changing the outcome of the fight.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Everyone knows about firewave, everyone has been complaining about it forever. The teams are not set in stone. They needed someone to make a team of 5, so they used me. I'm in their guild, it's not like they picked some stranger. Changing the group had nothing to do with strategy, it was just to get 5 people.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Resist main team had to totally flip and go against furious 5.5 first. We changed around our strategy a bit, unsuccessfully though.

Honestly, I wasn't even alerted to be in this team until after notice. I was part of Team Solitude, and I guess @Archmage_Lloyd didn't know that causing even more confusion. Just clarifying my part in this.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
But, to have to go against a geo with firewave? It's a blatantly op/broken skill. (Haxnn one hit Graink, a 60 dreadknight, over 1k health.) If SG knew what they were up against they could have easily altered strat's and fought accordingly. They were still trying to determine who was actually playing for the resist fails team as the second fight started.
Couldn't agree more. On top of the fact that Kainzo allowed an extremely broken skill to be used in this tournament, teams with this ability still managed to get raped. Funny as fuck if you ask me, they clearly suck. xD

Graink

Portal
So much to be said, so I'll keep it short.

@c12095 Yes it was unfair and all, and we could have replanned.. but you seriously have to stay open minded as possible. First of all, they brought in fresh armor. After killing the first wave, they lost all items and had no enchantments. They brought new players in with full potential to have enchantments and all new tools. When we died in the second round, we played the third round with junk armor. Stuff we made from scraps we bought in the prep room. This is completely leaving out the fact that none of us knew what class haxnn was. How the fuck am I supposed to guess every persons class when I can't even see their names before I fight them. I would have had to run up to him, /hero whois haxnn, then realize. Then I would have to remember his new OP skill. It just wasn't played the right way, and I'm sure you guys were glad you didn't have to face us in the third round.

@Joka10 Yes, they didn't think of trying to change the game in any way, but they still must've known that they weren't allowed to do that. They should have known the rules before hand and understood they can't just get random new members to join. (Even if they're part of the guild). We didn't fight Resist Failure, nor did we lose the tournament. We know we destroyed them the first fight, and had it been fair, we would have won the next. There's no way around it and you're all defending a completely invalid point.

I'm not trying to keep putting this all on Kainzo XD But he came out about his mistake and was sorry for it. There's nothing we can do now, but I hope you all know the truth. I'd hate for you all to live in denial the rest of your lives about a PVP tournament held on july 14th, 2012; it would just be such a shame.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Was it unfair? Yes. Was it a complete game stopper? No. You guys just need to be more flexible, its honestly not that hard to switch up your strategy...
We switched up our strategy from "Who the fuck is on their team this time" to "fuck up haxnn" seconds after I got 1 shot. The difference between your team and ours is that yours had a bard for silencing and we were almost all warriors which, combined with the fact that it was laggy, allowed haxnn to firewave freely. Yes our composition wasn't ideal but it doesn't change the unfairness of the fight in the first place.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
So much to be said, so I'll keep it short.

@c12095 Yes it was unfair and all, and we could have replanned.. but you seriously have to stay open minded as possible. First of all, they brought in fresh armor. After killing the first wave, they lost all items and had no enchantments. They brought new players in with full potential to have enchantments and all new tools. When we died in the second round, we played the third round with junk armor. Stuff we made from scraps we bought in the prep room. This is completely leaving out the fact that none of us knew what class haxnn was. How the fuck am I supposed to guess every persons class when I can't even see their names before I fight them. I would have had to run up to him, /hero whois haxnn, then realize. Then I would have to remember his new OP skill. It just wasn't played the right way, and I'm sure you guys were glad you didn't have to face us in the third round.

@Joka10 Yes, they didn't think of trying to change the game in any way, but they still must've known that they weren't allowed to do that. They should have known the rules before hand and understood they can't just get random new members to join. (Even if they're part of the guild). We didn't fight Resist Failure, nor did we lose the tournament. We know we destroyed them the first fight, and had it been fair, we would have won the next. There's no way around it and you're all defending a completely invalid point.

I'm not trying to keep putting this all on Kainzo XD But he came out about his mistake and was sorry for it. There's nothing we can do now, but I hope you all know the truth. I'd hate for you all to live in denial the rest of your lives about a PVP tournament held on july 14th, 2012; it would just be such a shame.

I understand the argument, I hope next tournament will be more organized and hopefully enjoyable for everyone. I would like to say that I didn't join the RF without permision from Kainzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.