• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVP revival!?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
There is a very very brief summery below that covers most points, please read the whole post as it will give you a better understanding of what I want to achive with this. Thanks in advance!

Judging by most of the recent posts on the forums about PVP, it doesn't seem that anyone feels like they are gaining anything. This doesn't include how long it takes to actually find a battle, or to generally having a laugh. A main problem though which is quite tricky to address however would be 'ganking' (when you get rushed by 5 high level heros as your happily tending to your wheat) as well as introducing newer players into the PVP side of heros.

With this problems, there could be a few things introduced to help 'fix' them. These 'fixes' may come in the form of;

+ Assigning every player than goes onto the PVP world to a team
+ making a main objective to capture
+ rewarding players a lot more

PVP teams

Now this may seem odd assigning everyone to a set team upon enetering the PVP worldright? Well the reason for this would be that it would evenly distribute players over a number of teams (2-4?) making bigger towns, parties and most importantly. Making bigger groups to PVP with (who wouldn't want to see 4 teams of 10 fighting each other all at once with all the sparkles and shit flying off and think of the raids that would happen!).Now, as well as this. There will be set bases (just hear me out on this one) that each team will have. There won't be any building restrictions applied to the base itself(will talk about this more later).

Main objectives

Right, now you've got your huge separate teams consisting of a wide varity of classes and levels. Other than raiding each other's bases what would bring in a lot more PVP action? That's right, setting a central main objective that all teams contest for will bring in the battles that eveyone is thirsty for (just think of 40 players fighting over a single point). Onto the rewards that be up for grabs after the winning team completes an objective.

Rewards

Now, this is a very important factor that has to be taken into account. If the rewards are too good, the team that wins will be forever in favor of winning the next objective. If the rewards aren't good or worth the time taken to obtain them, people will not fight for them. So, after taking this into account I would suggest the rewards would come in the form of the following;

+ 5000 building blocks (stone bricks, cobblestone, wood ect)
+ 500 EXP for each player on the wining team (this will be subject to balancing)
+ 500 items consisting of ores and materials (iron ingots, gold ingots, diamond ore, emerald ore ect)
+ 2-5 legendary items (you know, special items with special attributes, again subject to balancing)

Why a preset base?

Now onto having a preset base, the reason behind this would be to set the team up so much that they can dive right into the PVP action, there may be a few restrictions on which parts of the base can be altered (the core for example will be protected) but most of it will be unprotected meaning players can alter it, make it look pretty, fortify it, make houses for the self ect. (This is the reason why building blocks and materials are provided to the winning team).

Now you're wondering, how would these items be given to the winning team? Well within each base, there will be a 'core' (open to suggestions for the name of it?). The whole idea and function of this 'core' would be to shower a % of the winning over a set time(eg shower 10% every 1 minute). This would then help distribute the winnings between the team rather than someone taking all the best loot and hiding it away.

Announcing the objective

This is another important factor that has to be taken into account, the main point would be 'how often do these objectives take place?'. Well that is quite hard to say as balancing it correctly is a hard task. However, I would suggest that the main objective takes place 2-4 times over 24 hours as well as announcing every 30 minutes server wide when the next objective is going to take place (this would be so that teams can prepare themself).

Other factors that need to be taken into account

After taking a step back and looking at this suggestion, there will be quite a few question I myself would ask if someone was to propose this to me. I will try to cover all of them, but again. I don't think I'll be able to cover everything (I can try, right?)

+ the objective will be a preset location with an area that needs the team to be on, the objectives location may not be altered at all (breaking blocks) but may (this is again, down to balance) allow the player to place blocks and make little fortifications.

+ the preset teams bases will have so much room in which they can build (basically the bases would end up like towers due to players not being able to expand x amount of blocks away from the core)

+ raiding! Raiding is a big part of PVP so this needs to be done right, my suggestion would be to allow the enemy teams to break blocks on other bases within certain times (just like the objective announcement, there will be another announcement made telling players that this is the time to raid).

+ map resets(big subject). Map resets will be more often compared to how it is now, maybe once a month or so that teams can rebuild their glorious bases (yeah those mega towers, we will call them glorious). As well as this, with each reset, the teams would be scrambled again.

Summery (finally)

>create main objectives
>have 2-4 main teams that everyone is randomly put into
>fun rewards
>preset bases to an extent
>map resset once a month or so

Thanks for reading this wall of text. I look forward to all replies, suggestions and even face palms (I reckon I'll get at least one).

Last edited:

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I do not want to be put into random teams. This would keep me away, as I would probably get stuck with the baddies. I like being able to join my own group. I would pull my hair out trying to lead a raid with most the dipshits on this server.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Ideas I like:
  • Breaking blocks to get into bases (TnT)
  • Balanced rewards
  • Changing up goals
Ideas I don't like:
  • Monthly map resets
    • Would make working pointless and hurt the server
  • Locked groups and premade bases
    • I've seen this done on some notable hero servers so let me give you my opinion about what it does:
      • Often comes with ideas/descriptions in the form of heavy lore which keeps players away
      • Map is covered in boxes since noobs would make shelters everywhere
      • PvP snowballs
        • If one group became too powerful everyone would want to go to it. It would then kill all the other premade groups in terms of activity and PvP because people cant form their own groups. With only 1 group alive ppl get bored and the server dies. Yeah this happens, atleast on HC groups are dynamic.

RagingDragon5

Portal
It seems you put a lot of thought process into this, and a interesting idea. However, I don't agree being assigned a team in pvp world. I don't really pvp but the main world I play on is pvp, I really don't want to feel obliged to pvp. Also this idea seems like you are trying to get rid of the previous townships system(Not sure if that is the case.) We already have objectives points enabled in Aegis, needs some tweaking, but it's good. Also gaining building materials to fortify the objective point would be too much an advantage. People just can close off the entrances and once the opposing team dies they would lose their tools to destroy the fortifications.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I do not want to be put into random teams. This would keep me away, as I would probably get stuck with the baddies. I like being able to join my own group. I would pull my hair out trying to lead a raid with most the dipshits on this server.

I do understand where you're coming from with your point. But the reason to why I suggested it was to try and keep the overall teams fair with a varity of play styles and skills. Thanks for the feedback wonder boy! :)

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Ideas I like:
  • Balanced rewards
  • Changing up goals
Ideas I don't like:
  • Monthly map resets
    • I've seen this done on some notable hero servers so let me give you my opinion about what it does:
      • Often comes with ideas/descriptions in the form of heavy lore which keeps players away
      • PvP snowballs
        • If one group became too powerful everyone would want to go to it. It would then kill all the other premade groups in terms of activity and PvP because people cant form their own groups. With only 1 group alive ppl get bored and the server dies. Yeah this happens, atleast on HC groups are dynamic.

Monthly map resets - yeah I wasn't too sure when I was suggesting this, it felt too short as well but I suppose it would come down to the overall base expansions taking place. Timing can always be tweaked

Premade bases - Well, the problem with pre made bases is that it could actually take away from the game itself which is a very risky decision. However, my overall idea was to have just a small % of the base actually protected (the core) and the rest unprotected so that people can expand upon it. Regarding lore, that can always be option as I'm not a huge fan on it myself.

Regarding the noob 'boxes', i cant think of a possible solution at the moment to help combat this apart from maybe making mobs stupidly strong? Also I was thinking about having the map itself 4000 by 4000 at most (very small an compact to help introduce more PVP) so the boxes would most likely be raided all the time.

PVP team snowballing - this is a point I strongly agree with, maybe we could reward the loosing teams with lower tier items? But My suggestion to address this problem would be to lock the teams in which people are assigned to for a certain amount of time? Eg you can only change team once every few days as well making it so that no team can have more that (3-5) more members than the lowest team?

Thanks for the feedback!

Beau_Nearh

Portal
It seems you put a lot of thought process into this, and a interesting idea. However, I don't agree being assigned a team in pvp world. I don't really pvp but the main world I play on is pvp, I really don't want to feel obliged to pvp. Also this idea seems like you are trying to get rid of the previous townships system(Not sure if that is the case.) We already have objectives points enabled in Aegis, needs some tweaking, but it's good. Also gaining building materials to fortify the objective point would be too much an advantage. People just can close off the entrances and once the opposing team dies they would lose their tools to destroy the fortifications.

Teams and team changing - I would have it so once the player joins the server, he or she is assigned to the team with the lowest amount of players (there will only be a 1-5 gap at most between bottom and top). The player after a certain amount of time will then have the ability to change teams (this ability will have a big cool down, maybe 3 days?). The team in which the player is changing too must have less players than the current team they are in.

Older township system - the system itself would still be there as it would be needed to create the preset teams however, I would highly suggest having the ability to create new towns or teams disabled or very very hard to make.

Current objective points - The current objective points we have aren't the best for teams will lower numbers and levels. As it is now, you have to at least grind your way up to a decent level with a group of friends, then try to take the point. I honestly don't enjoy grinding at all within this server and it doesn't I courage me to PVP at all knowing there's a group if level 65's on cap (my opinion anyway).

Fortifying objective points - I do agree with you on this, the whole ability to fortify the objective could be a bit overpowering so this would be strongly subjective to balancing.

Thankyou for your feedback!

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Or you could be less rude and random teams would actually HELP the community. It's a fucking game and I see people talk shit constantly to each other. I won't deny, I do too sometimes. I mean I don't really care for this idea he has. But if this did come out. I'd agree with random teams. Maybe the apparent "God PvP" groups would actually realize that there are good/decent PvPers on the server and not think everyone is below them.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Rewards

Now, this is a very important factor that has to be taken into account. If the rewards are too good, the team that wins will be forever in favor of winning the next objective. If the rewards aren't good or worth the time taken to obtain them, people will not fight for them. So, after taking this into account I would suggest the rewards would come in the form of the following;

+ 5000 building blocks (stone bricks, cobblestone, wood ect)
+ 500 EXP for each player on the wining team (this will be subject to balancing)
+ 500 items consisting of ores and materials (iron ingots, gold ingots, diamond ore, emerald ore ect)
+ 2-5 legendary items (you know, special items with special attributes, again subject to balancing)
I like the type of prizes you listed, but that's quite a lot for it being 4 times a day. Maybe either randomize the amount you can get, or just lower it quite a bit. I feel as if Legendary items should be a little more rare. I think that would kinda break the aspect of them being legendary if they are that common.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Or you could be less rude and random teams would actually HELP the community. It's a fucking game and I see people talk shit constantly to each other. I won't deny, I do too sometimes. I mean I don't really care for this idea he has. But if this did come out. I'd agree with random teams. Maybe the apparent "God PvP" groups would actually realize that there are good/decent PvPers on the server and not think everyone is below them.

I don't really see how he was rude. True, he could of said something better than "baddies," however he was just stating his opinion close to a respectable manner. Also being forced to play with certain people would drive a lot of people away IMO. Also, what about the people in Aegis who don't really care for pvp, like me. I play on Aegis because I think that is the best map, but I don't go out looking for pvp. This will cause players like me feel obliged to pvp.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I like the type of prizes you listed, but that's quite a lot for it being 4 times a day. Maybe either randomize the amount you can get, or just lower it quite a bit. I feel as if Legendary items should be a little more rare. I think that would kinda break the aspect of them being legendary if they are that common.

Very good point that you listed actually! Maybe the amount of these legendary drops could come in a % of which it could drop. So 1% that 1 item drops, 0.5% that 2 drop, 0.0025% that 3 drop ect! Thankyou for the feedback :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ideas I like:
  • Balanced rewards
  • Changing up goals
Ideas I don't like:
  • Monthly map resets
      • PvP snowballs
I mostly feel the same as Lightning on this.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
If Conquest granted Acquisition instead of Vengeance, and Boss mobs granted Vengeance instead of Acquisition...

Then we would increase transactions and/or all types of players would have an incentive to try all types of play.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If Conquest granted Acquisition instead of Vengeance, and Boss mobs granted Vengeance instead of Acquisition...

Then we would increase transactions and/or all types of players would have an incentive to try all types of play.
Start a new thread for me, i think this could be interesting...

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!

Why put the things needed to get better PvP gear on PvE? Just keep it as it is. Make acquisitions drop from bosses and there you go, PvE drops on PvE and PvP drops on PvP. Adding this just further complicates actual reasons to play on each server. What you will have are the PvPers who want better gear will go on PvE, this is a big no no, therefore killing the PvP server even more. Then what will happen is a bunch of people who don't PvP aka Noobs will rush on to PvP and go for the PvE drops, and end up getting killed constantly, and according to many people, killing noobs no matter the level is still considering noob killing.

Please keep drops that are associated with their server where they are, makes more sense.

If you wanna kill mobs all day just stay there, no need to go get killed over and over to people who actually PvP for the fun of it, same goes for people who like to PvP, you shouldn't have to go to PvE just to get better PvP gear. If you want to get better gear then you will have to rough it out at conquest, if you want better tools then go grind bosses.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Siege. Enough said.

Yeah this post was originally created early friday morning so it was made a few good days before siege was even announced (to the public?). However, the new siege server covers a few core gameplay changes I wanted to see to PVP as a whole which is GREAT and a lot of fun thus far. But I'd really like to see objectives implemented (or any random PVP event) as well as special loot rewards *hint hint @Kainzo ;)*