• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT PVE Rules Currently in Effect:

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Just a reminder that we update the rules wiki on a regular basis as it is impossible to think up all the rules needed at once. We are constantly dealing with new situations and new scenarios that need defined rules. Please refer to the rules wiki often. We will try to keep you updated on the forums and in game. However, sometimes people pay attention to neither.

Here are the updated rule sets for the PVE world:

PVE Specific Rules
  • Harassment by preventing players from getting their chests/items will not be tolerated - this includes placing regions over areas that the player has protected, stored or tombstoned.
    • Offenders will be subject to fine and/or suspension depending on circumstance.
  • Player-caused death is illegal here, including but not limited to:
    • Suffocation by water, gravel, sand
    • Using TNT
    • Using lighters and lava
    • Placing cacti around a user
    • Breaking blocks under a user to cause them to fall to their death
    • Offenders will be subject to fines and/or suspension
  • Exceptions to the death rule are:
    • Traps built and designed to defend your personal home and townships from intruders

Last edited:

RagingDragon5

Portal
Just a reminder that we update the rules wiki on a regular basis as it is impossible to think up all the rules needed at once. We are constantly dealing with new situations and new scenarios that need defined rules. Please refer to the rules wiki often. We will try to keep you updated on the forums and in game. However, sometimes people pay attention to neither.

Here are the updated rule sets for the PVE world:

PVE Specific Rules
  • Harassment by preventing players from getting their chests/items will not be tolerated - this includes placing regions over areas that the player has protected, stored or tombstoned.
    • Offenders will be subject to fine and/or suspension depending on circumstance.
  • Player-caused death is illegal here, including but not limited to:
    • Suffocation by water, gravel, sand
    • Using lighters and lava
    • Placing cacti around a user
    • Breaking blocks under a user to cause them to fall to their death
    • Offenders will be subject to fines and/or suspension
  • Exceptions to the death rule are:
    • Traps built and designed to defend your personal home and townships from intruders

This makes it so only engineers can do anything to protect chest/homes.

Edit: I suggest that everyone should be allowed to use lava/fire etc. to kill somebody as long as they are inside their home. Everywhere else should be illegal.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff

Edit: I suggest that everyone should be allowed to use lava/fire etc. to kill somebody as long as they are inside their home. Everywhere else should be illegal.
Yea we're working on that sort of thing. Much more needs to be discussed. Just everyone is away pretty much for the holiday. First we have to reenable lighters and lava buckets. In the meantime, you can hire engineers to make a trap for you.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8

This isn't a problem, it gives engineers more use. While they are useful, sure, but for every 10 or 20 smith/enchanter you have 1 engineer. Not that this was their intention, but I see no harm in giving them an edge.

JacobBurkey

Portal

I don't see how lava/fire is fair at all. It's impossible to defend yourself from it and people will be running around trolling and killing people with it. It'd be too much trouble for the staff to have to see if it was a death in their home or where it was illegal. Best to just keep it removed. If you don't want your stuff stolen, get an LWC, res, or join a town.

RagingDragon5

Portal
I don't see how lava/fire is fair at all. It's impossible to defend yourself from it and people will be running around trolling and killing people with it. It'd be too much trouble for the staff to have to see if it was a death in their home or where it was illegal. Best to just keep it removed. If you don't want your stuff stolen, get an LWC, res, or join a town.

It's somewhat ironic how you say it's not fair, but then bring up lwc. Some tiers get free and cheaper lwcs, which is not fair to people who don't/can't donate. Also they get cheaper res to store their chests. And RES/Towns isn't not a 100% protected chest. It can still get stolen from.

Sidenote: I don't care if tiers get free/cheaper lwc so don't take my comment the wrong way. Was just stating a counter agruement.

JacobBurkey

Portal
It's somewhat ironic how you say it's not fair, but then bring up lwc. Some tiers get free and cheaper lwcs, which is not fair to people who don't/can't donate. Also they get cheaper res to store their chests. And RES/Towns isn't not a 100% protected chest. It can still get stolen from.

Sidenote: I don't care if tiers get free/cheaper lwc so don't take my comment the wrong way. Was just stating a counter agruement.
RES/Towns is actually a 100% way to protect chests. If the people living in them are smart, your chests will always be protected with whatever you use to put on top of them , and where you put them. If they're not smart, then it's not a 100% way to protect chests. Just saying.

RagingDragon5

Portal
RES/Towns is actually a 100% way to protect chests. If the people living in them are smart, your chests will always be protected with whatever you use to put on top of them , and where you put them. If they're not smart, then it's not a 100% way to protect chests. Just saying.

It's not 100%, never will be unless it is lwc. The chest itself is not locked, the area around it is. People find ways in all the time through illegal/legal ways. Even when done illegally your stuff won't be returned.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I have been killed by TNT by someone cough yeelowsnow cough. Is this still legal?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
It's not 100%, never will be unless it is lwc. The chest itself is not locked, the area around it is. People find ways in all the time through illegal/legal ways. Even when done illegally your stuff won't be returned.
It's impossible to access chests inside a residence on Sanctuary unless you have been given the perms by the owner of said residence, so yes, the chest is locked. Unless this was changed over the night, of course, but I believe Kainzo said he was okay with it staying?

RagingDragon5

Portal
It's impossible to access chests inside a residence on Sanctuary unless you have been given the perms by the owner of said residence, so yes, the chest is locked. Unless this was changed over the night, of course, but I believe Kainzo said he was okay with it staying?

Wasn't that a bug that was going to be removed?

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Wasn't that a bug that was going to be removed?
It was originally a bug, but we started discussing it and thought it might be a good thing to keep in. So most likely the use flag will be user controlled (on PVE for sure, and perhaps on PVP). Still talking about it tho! We will make an announcement when things are set in stone

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
We can see in the logs where lava and lighters are placed. We can reliably determine who killed who and where. If we were to put this rule in place, it would be legal for the homeowner to kill a person inside their house, but not the other way around. I understand the frustration of standing there and watching people run rampant through your house and not being able to do a damned thing about it hahaha.

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9

You have people like me who will lock chests for free until they can lock their own. We just can't be stingy with our gifts as supporters.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
Thank you for this Xani :)
It's good to see work being done on keeping PVE as PVE and not with a PVP environment~
makes it hard to want to build lol
cause finding tunnels or peeps trying to get in to steal is annoying and discouraging (especially if they grief >.>)
Really appreciate all the work you guys are doing for it! <3

Last edited:

Willrbts

Coal
For the lave and such, wouldn't enabling them, only with a residence flag fix the issue?

Last edited:

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
It was originally a bug, but we started discussing it and thought it might be a good thing to keep in. So most likely the use flag will be user controlled (on PVE for sure, and perhaps on PVP). Still talking about it tho! We will make an announcement when things are set in stone

It should definitely stay on PvE (Just like town regions have the 'no access' flag set in PvE). If anything, it will help to reduce the PvP in PvE.