• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Proposed Rule Change for Townships/Personal Regions

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
As it stands now, and as it has been for a very long time, Mayors (And personal region owners) have absolute control over every single block and every single unLWC'd chest in their town(PR). It's not talked about much, but it's a rule that needs to change.
Now, there are some problems with the current rule:
  • A person can join a town, bring all their items over, and as soon as they have brought their last item in the mayor can kick the person from town and now owns everything that isn't LWC'd. I'm t8 and I cant even LWC all my chests without a few thousand coins.
  • A town can be sold/given away and before any of the active town members are able to remove their items, the new mayor can remove everyone from regions and take the items of each town member, which can be dozens of people.
This makes joining a town a very risky thing and I've heard in the past it said "Trust who you join" but that's not a valid excuse to keep the rules so easily abused.
It should be illegal for mayors to steal from town members, and when you kick someone out, you must allow them to take everything in their chests. And yes, this issue comes from current events in Mith, though I've been unhappy with the rule for ages.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with changing it provided you are only talking about when a mayor kicks someone. It would be unfair to have to wait for the person to log in if they go inactive and the plugin kicks them automatically.

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
I honestly have to disagree. When you have a town mate who abuses or breaks the rules in town, anyone should be able to get in. What if you have a town mate who slowly takes other people's things before they leave? An ally of mine just had that problem and lost a crap ton and had region abuse on em. I think, I might be wrong...but if you take away this sort of 'fear' instilled in new town mates, there probably wouldn't be order inside the town. We all see what happens when there are no reprecussions for the things we do. Take away this, and who knows what could happen.

I do agree with this to a point though. A mayor/manager/other town members should only be able to get the town mate's stuff if he was kicked for wrong doing. Or if he was inactive for a bit, the town members shouldn't go through his things until he's properly booted out.

Ultimately, I think this should stay in. I've seen how many dickheads are on this server. If one finds his way in my town, I'd be more than happy to take everything he owns and put it to something good if he's dumb enough to be a dick, or go inactive for two weeks.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
While the system needs refinement, I feel giving mayors less power isn't needed. This won't be changed over night and needs greater thought put into it.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
While the system needs refinement, I feel giving mayors less power isn't needed. This won't be changed over night and needs greater thought put into it.
Refinement, yes.
Overnight a town was given away, sold, and every single town member who wasn't online THAT DAY lost everything they own. That causes players to quit, which some of them have. I agree with greater thought, but I hope it doesn't take too long, or we may lose a bit more of our players when issues like this arise.

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
Refinement, yes.
Overnight a town was given away, sold, and every single town member who wasn't online THAT DAY lost everything they own. That causes players to quit, which some of them have. I agree with greater thought, but I hope it doesn't take too long, or we may lose a bit more of our players when issues like this arise.
The Owner Of Indar specifically said he'd reimburse members that got caught in the mess.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
My idea, like it or hate it.

Give all the items back but Indar keep the town regions etc. I feel majority of the people would be happy and it would be extremely unfair for people like @Barnubus losing every single item they have earnt of the entire map.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes! 100% support this.

Maybe make it where once a member is kicked they got 1 week to take there stuff? Or at least a few days.

It's incredibly unfair that a mayor could kick a member and steal there belongings. I can see how this would cause people to leave.

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
My idea, like it or hate it.

Give all the items back but Indar keep the town regions etc. I feel majority of the people would be happy and it would be extremely unfair for people like @Barnubus losing every single item they have earnt of the entire map.
Barnubus, Didn't loose anything. However what Indar and I did was Morally wrong. Legally every action we took was alright. The point of this thread is not to talk about what happened at mith. its for a proposed plan keep it on topic.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I honestly have to disagree. When you have a town mate who abuses or breaks the rules in town, anyone should be able to get in. What if you have a town mate who slowly takes other people's things before they leave? An ally of mine just had that problem and lost a crap ton and had region abuse on em. I think, I might be wrong...but if you take away this sort of 'fear' instilled in new town mates, there probably wouldn't be order inside the town. We all see what happens when there are no reprecussions for the things we do. Take away this, and who knows what could happen.

I do agree with this to a point though. A mayor/manager/other town members should only be able to get the town mate's stuff if he was kicked for wrong doing. Or if he was inactive for a bit, the town members shouldn't go through his things until he's properly booted out.

Ultimately, I think this should stay in. I've seen how many dickheads are on this server. If one finds his way in my town, I'd be more than happy to take everything he owns and put it to something good if he's dumb enough to be a dick, or go inactive for two weeks.
Well everything you're just mentioned there is preventable by you if you use the subregioning built into townships and stop adding people to the main region.

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
Well everything you're just mentioned there is preventable by you if you use the subregioning built into townships and stop adding people to the main region.

I literally have no idea how to do it and last time I messed around with regions I had to have a mod help me with it. Also I figure getting a town griefer/thief banned is much more of a reward before someone else lets them into regions and loses a crap ton of their things. I can get whatever I need back in time, but a banned person takes a bit if they even want to return xD ,

Tommy is not inactive.
Then Tommy will get his stuff. If you'd like to further this conversation Pm me. I do believe Derailing the original topic isn't go to morally solve what I've done.
I only just now saw this thread... I haven't logged in since I was last on and saw all my stuff gone... I only get to play every other week anyway with work... I'm not overly concerned with my stuff being gone, it's just nice to know what happened and now I do .. (I think) ..