1. Register so you can experience the greatest RPG server ever! Register! Enjoy the server@ hub.hc.to !
  2. Want to play on Herocraft?
    You can log into our server by using the ip "hub.hc.to" in Minecraft!

3. Congratulations to Raubtier for taking 1st in the Battledome 3v3! Look for our next tournament in the coming weeks!
  4. Haven noble plots are here! Buy yours today! hc.to/nobleplots
  5. Easter on Herocraft is a magical time! hc.to/easter to see what we're up to!
  6. Spleef Tourney Winners: Grats to clearwaterdragonguardop - xMJay and Xhazed!

Proctor App: Cloverhook

Discussion in 'Proctor|Guide|Mod' started by Cloverhook, Apr 30, 2012.

Proctor App: Cloverhook

Discussion in 'Proctor|Guide|Mod' started by Cloverhook, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Cloverhook

Cloverhook Coal Tier 3

Minecraft IGN: Cloverhook
    Position applying for: Proctor
    Age|Timezone: 21|Pacific (GMT-8, I believe)
    How long have you been on Herocraft?:
    A few weeks now -- I was whitelisted on April 18th. I've been very active since then, however, and plan on staying for the long haul.

Why do you think you would make a good proctor?:

I understand the value of screening potential new members in order to ensure a high quality community. Herocraft's community is leagues better than other Minecraft servers' communities as a direct result of this whitelisting process. Furthermore, as an active player and growing member of the community, I have a personal investment in making sure that applicants are a good fit. I can deliver harsh truths when they're warranted, but I never sink to pettiness or heated arguments -- I believe that a level head and absolute maturity are very important for this kind of thing, and I'm more than capable of communicating in a polite and clear manner.

I'm an English major, about a year from graduating with my Bachelor's Degree. While my knowledge of literature and literary techniques wouldn't directly benefit me as a Proctor, the ability to select and arrange words for maximum effect certainly would. I've browsed a couple dozen applications, simply out of curiosity, and was amazed to see how many of them circle around issues before descending into rudeness. I strongly believe that that's not the experience a potential new player should face -- even those who aren't admitted to the server deserve to be treated in a kind and helpful manner. It's also worth noting that I have the time required to give each application the attention it deserves, and to respond promptly.

Additional info you would like to tell us?:

I'm entering my 5th year of college, having changed my major from Architecture to English two years in. I'm almost always working on some kind of personal writing project -- for the last few months, I've been working on some short stories to flesh out and explore a setting I'm considering for a novel. More recently, I've turned my attention to designing a story for a long-running Dungeons and Dragons campaign for a handful of friends. I love the thrill and satisfaction of writing something for others to enjoy, and I'm hoping to combine my love for writing with my gaming hobbies as a career eventually.

When I'm not writing or playing games, I work retail to help pay for college -- I've held my current job for almost two years now, and was promoted to a supervisory position two months ago. I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend who is both magnitudes smarter than me and a hell of a lot more attractive. ;) I like my life, and I'm generally a pretty laid back guy -- I'm a firm believer that things always work out in the end.

And I totally dig long walks on the beach.

As a final note, I understand that I'm likely not fully qualified simply because I haven't been here for very long. I am, however, very interested in contributing to this community -- I've become much more active on the forums lately, and I'm actively pursuing getting involved with making the Wiki more accurate/useful. I feel that I can fill this position to the fullest extent, despite my relatively new membership.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Cloverhook

Cloverhook Coal Tier 3

Just a quick bump to say that I've been here for a few weeks now, have become even more active and invested in this community, and am still very interested in stepping up to contribute to the whitelisting process.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Cloverhook

Cloverhook Coal Tier 3

It's been a month and a day since my admission into the server... Figure this is as good a time as any to bump again. This'll probably be my last bump for another month or so -- I don't want to overdo it. ;) Suffice to say that I'm definitely still interested.
  4. Kainzo

Kainzo The Disposable Hero Staff Member Founder

Hey @Cloverhook ! - I think you'd make a good fit into the proctor team!
    It's a hard working team that doesnt always get thanked enough but we couldnt do anything without them :)

I am hereby making you a proctor - welcome aboard!

Make 1000% sure to read over all the "stickies" in the LIST forum before you whitelist/etc!
  5. Cloverhook

Cloverhook Coal Tier 3

Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting started. :D