• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Proctor App: Cloverhook

Cloverhook

Legacy Supporter 3
Minecraft IGN: Cloverhook
Position applying for: Proctor
Age|Timezone: 21|Pacific (GMT-8, I believe)
How long have you been on Herocraft?:
A few weeks now -- I was whitelisted on April 18th. I've been very active since then, however, and plan on staying for the long haul.

Why do you think you would make a good proctor?:

I understand the value of screening potential new members in order to ensure a high quality community. Herocraft's community is leagues better than other Minecraft servers' communities as a direct result of this whitelisting process. Furthermore, as an active player and growing member of the community, I have a personal investment in making sure that applicants are a good fit. I can deliver harsh truths when they're warranted, but I never sink to pettiness or heated arguments -- I believe that a level head and absolute maturity are very important for this kind of thing, and I'm more than capable of communicating in a polite and clear manner.

I'm an English major, about a year from graduating with my Bachelor's Degree. While my knowledge of literature and literary techniques wouldn't directly benefit me as a Proctor, the ability to select and arrange words for maximum effect certainly would. I've browsed a couple dozen applications, simply out of curiosity, and was amazed to see how many of them circle around issues before descending into rudeness. I strongly believe that that's not the experience a potential new player should face -- even those who aren't admitted to the server deserve to be treated in a kind and helpful manner. It's also worth noting that I have the time required to give each application the attention it deserves, and to respond promptly.

Additional info you would like to tell us?:

I'm entering my 5th year of college, having changed my major from Architecture to English two years in. I'm almost always working on some kind of personal writing project -- for the last few months, I've been working on some short stories to flesh out and explore a setting I'm considering for a novel. More recently, I've turned my attention to designing a story for a long-running Dungeons and Dragons campaign for a handful of friends. I love the thrill and satisfaction of writing something for others to enjoy, and I'm hoping to combine my love for writing with my gaming hobbies as a career eventually.

When I'm not writing or playing games, I work retail to help pay for college -- I've held my current job for almost two years now, and was promoted to a supervisory position two months ago. I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend who is both magnitudes smarter than me and a hell of a lot more attractive. ;) I like my life, and I'm generally a pretty laid back guy -- I'm a firm believer that things always work out in the end.

And I totally dig long walks on the beach.

As a final note, I understand that I'm likely not fully qualified simply because I haven't been here for very long. I am, however, very interested in contributing to this community -- I've become much more active on the forums lately, and I'm actively pursuing getting involved with making the Wiki more accurate/useful. I feel that I can fill this position to the fullest extent, despite my relatively new membership.

Cloverhook

Legacy Supporter 3
Just a quick bump to say that I've been here for a few weeks now, have become even more active and invested in this community, and am still very interested in stepping up to contribute to the whitelisting process.

Cloverhook

Legacy Supporter 3
It's been a month and a day since my admission into the server... Figure this is as good a time as any to bump again. This'll probably be my last bump for another month or so -- I don't want to overdo it. ;) Suffice to say that I'm definitely still interested.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hey @Cloverhook ! - I think you'd make a good fit into the proctor team!
It's a hard working team that doesnt always get thanked enough but we couldnt do anything without them :)

I am hereby making you a proctor - welcome aboard!

Make 1000% sure to read over all the "stickies" in the LIST forum before you whitelist/etc!