• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pokemon (-o-)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I stopped following hack games when they hit the wall with the 3D terrain. Have they figured that out yet?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Love me some Smogon. I use Shoddy Battle every once in a while, but there's too much theory and not enough game to keep me interested. I would much rather use bioengineering and time-travel to create perfect specimens, and that little margin of variation you get from doing it legit adds a bit of flavor to tournaments.

GraRona

Portal
Love me some Smogon. I use Shoddy Battle every once in a while, but there's too much theory and not enough game to keep me interested. I would much rather use bioengineering and time-travel to create perfect specimens, and that little margin of variation you get from doing it legit adds a bit of flavor to tournaments.

Want to play a few rounds of shoddy some time?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
It's a battle simulator. You get to pick your mons, their stats, moves, and items and fight other people, most of whom are way out of my league. :p No attack animations, though.

I'd like to take you on sometime, Gran. I'll need to start working up a new team though, my previous ones have sucked.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
There's always redshark >.> the same thing but for the cards.

In fact, I'm going to a city championship torunament in my area tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

I call my deck Virperiorkrom, it uses Virizion, Zekrom, and Serpirior lol

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
/me Did not play Black/White, I stopped at Diamond, my favorite was by far Leaf Green though... So you Won't be seeing any new pokemon from me. Btw, I downloaded Shoddy, I'll take anyone, anytime.

FLE

Dirt
Oh hey, a thread for a game I can actually stand.

Well anyway, I never got to play Pokemon as a kid. I was a huge gamer, and still am today, but I'm criticized for being a Nintendo gamer at heart.

I didnt play my first Pokemon game, FireRed, until the summer of 2009. Instantly, I was hooked.

Since then, I've played (and owned) Crystal, up to the second gym in Sapphire (didn't like the game), FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, and White.

Oh, and I have "caught 'em all".

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I sympathize. I've never been much for FPS or dark gritty games, and only with the advent of Minecraft did I get into PC games at all. I'm more or less a Nintendo gamer.

~
So, next month they're announcing a new Pokemon game. CoroCoro says, in it's engrishy way, that it will be a "world first shocking announcement".

Wishful Thinking Me wants Pokemon a la Skyrim: a wide-open 3D world with spontaneous real-time battles, and a main plot that nobody finishes for the sake of side quests and other distractions. Obviously it should give you access to every Pokemon by one means or another, with epic boss fights against legendaries. Fully-customizable characters and decorations for your Pokemon are a must.

But, y'know. A good spinoff or a new set for the main series would be okay too.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
I sympathize. I've never been much for FPS or dark gritty games, and only with the advent of Minecraft did I get into PC games at all. I'm more or less a Nintendo gamer.

~
So, next month they're announcing a new Pokemon game. CoroCoro says, in it's engrishy way, that it will be a "world first shocking announcement".

Wishful Thinking Me wants Pokemon a la Skyrim: a wide-open 3D world with spontaneous real-time battles, and a main plot that nobody finishes for the sake of side quests and other distractions. Obviously it should give you access to every Pokemon by one means or another, with epic boss fights against legendaries. Fully-customizable characters and decorations for your Pokemon are a must.

But, y'know. A good spinoff or a new set for the main series would be okay too.
Sounds similiar to Rescue Teams.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
I know, but it's more open worlded fights, as opposed to set trainer fights and set wild grass fights.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Dark Rush scans are out (its a set that's out in Japan but not America....yet; as always) and Pokemon EX are coming back.

The whole game is gonna change, it's been shifting towards function over type when it comes to theme-ing your deck, and strong basics (usually a legendary pokemon of some sort) have been playing a big part in all compeditive decks today, ESPECIALLY Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem.

http://pokebeach.com/2011/12/dark-rush-scans-and-translations

That's right, Mewtwo EX has 170 HP.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I just realized that the thing in the title is a pokeball, not some strange smiley. I'm so ashamed... good-bye, all. *Wanders away from the internet into a canyon*

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
I just realized that the thing in the title is a pokeball, not some strange smiley. I'm so ashamed... good-bye, all. *Wanders away from the internet into a canyon*
Wow, I didn't even notice that until you said that... It thought it was kirby or something...