• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How To Picking Your Class! Whats best for you!?

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
*New link: hc.to/classguide - Spread the word!

This thread was inspired from this thread to give you an idea of what this is about.

Many people want to play the best overall class which beats all others, but I'm sad to say that only the admins can choose that class. What does that mean? Well it means there is no best class that beats all because all classes have been designed for a certain role and purpose. This is why I have made this thread, to explain as best I can what each class is better suited for (pros and cons), so you can find a class that you will enjoy the most.

The Base classes:
  • Warrior: Best for melee fights with a combination of good armor and weapon damage, however it is very limited on range and can have costly armor.
  • Rogue: Best for ganking/sneak attacks and for dealing damage up-close and at range, however it has low health and armor.
  • Caster: Best for high damage at range and does not require a lot of materials, however it has low health and armor with weak melee damage.
  • Healer: Best for staying alive while dealing damage and does not require a lot of materials, however it has medium health and armor with weak melee damage.
The Warrior classes:
  • Paladin: Best for playing a 'tank' play style and to limit deaths, however it is tedious to level and high armor cost.
  • Samurai: Best all-round for PvP and is quick to level, however it has the lowest armor and health with high stamina cost.
  • Dragoon: Best mobility and is quick to level and is good in PvP if played right, however it has high stamina cost and can be buggy with certain skills.
  • Dreadknight: Best for playing a Tanky PvP'er with good armor and can deal a lot of bulk damage, however it has low mobility and is tedious to level with medium armor cost.
The Rogue classes:
  • Ninja: Best for burst damage and easy to level, however it has low health and armor along side high stamina/mana cost.
  • Ranger: Best for damage at range and solo hunting, however it has limited skills and can be resource intensive.
  • Runeblade: Best for combo and kiting playing style while dealing good damage, however it has low armor and health
  • Bard: Best for support play style along with mobility and overall usefulness, however it is resource intensive and is hard to fight other solo.
The Caster classes:
  • Wizard: Best for solo/group raiding plus high mobility and high damage, however it has very low health and armor and heavily relies upon mana.
  • Pyromancer: Best for solo fighting with medium magic and melee damage and good for kiting, however it has low armor and health with high armor cost.
  • Necromancer: Best for kiting/hit and run playing style with very high damage over time, however it has low armor and health and heavily relies upon mana.
  • Beguiler: Best for group fights with high area of effect damage and also good for slowing enemies, however it has low health and armor and heavily relies upon mana.
The Healer classes:
  • Cleric: Best for healing solo/groups and overall best for staying alive, however it has very low damage output and very heavily relies upon mana.
  • Mystic: Best ranged damage/kiting whilst healing, however it has medium health and low armor and is very dependent on mana.
  • Bloodmage: Best for aggressive fighting whilst healing, however it has low armor and heavily relies upon mana.
  • Disciple: Best for melee damage and distraction whilst healing, however it has low armor and high mana and stamina cost which is heavily relies upon.
Terms Used:
  • Kiting: keeping an enemy chasing you while also keeping he/she at a range where it cannot attack you.
  • Ganking: Running in and getting a kill on a suprised target.
  • Tank: Hard to kill player, high armor and health.
  • Burst: A lot of damage which is dealth quickly .
  • DPS: Damage per second - Amount you can deal in a period of time.
  • Squishy: Used to describe a class which can be killed quickly (e.g. low armor and health).
  • Raiding: Killing and stealing at a certain area such as a town.
  • Grinding: Killing mobs to level up.
Extra:
If you disagree with what I have put for a certain class and feel as if you have a better brief description of that class then post it and I will update it in this thread if others agree with you.​
This thread was made to help those who have not played Herocraft for that long and have not had a chance to experiment with classes to find one they will enjoy, so please don't start a argument with others or post useless replies. Like I said if you think you could write a better brief description then go ahead and I'll add it.​
I will do my best to keep this updated as class revamps happen so new (or even old) players can find a class they will enjoy the most.​

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Beguiler: "and also good for slowing enemies."
Last time I checked beguilers don't have a slow

Pyromancer: "high armor cost."
That should be written for every caster class then because they wear the same armor except for the chain boots.

Dreaknight: "low mobility"
Shadowstep gets you to a target running in like a second it has more mobility then a couple of classes.

Paladin: " however it is tedious to level"
Wrong it is one of the easiest classes to level in the game holy strike does 130 damage not only that they can heal instead of stop for food.

Thank you and have a nice day

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

That should be written for every caster class then because they wear the same armor except for the chain boots.

Shadowstep gets you to a target running in like a second it has more mobility then a couple of classes.

Wrong it is one of the easiest classes to level in the game holy strike does 130 damage not only that they can heal instead of stop for food.

Thank you and have a nice day
Holystrike does 130 damage? Brb making lumont cry more.

Arturec

Soulsand
Nice guide, although Cleric has enough mana to kill almost any1 1v1, and against squishier classes even 2v1. The only problem with mana comes with teamfights where you gotta use AOE resource intensive skills.

werwew190 U do know that Pyros HAVE to use a golden chestplate (72c) for one of their abilities to work... whilst other classes can pay like 20c for 32 leather...

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Nice guide, although Cleric has enough mana to kill almost any1 1v1, and against squishier classes even 2v1. The only problem with mana comes with teamfights where you gotta use AOE resource intensive skills.

werwew190 U do know that Pyros HAVE to use a golden chestplate (72c) for one of their abilities to work... whilst other classes can pay like 20c for 32 leather...

I still disagree that it is high armor cost.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Piggify can be used to slow enemies just like root/entangle can
The main armor that pyros should be running with is gold chest, chain boots and the rest leather, gold is costly and chainmail is not easy to come by without buying.
Mobility doesn't just mean movement in PvP, shadowstep isn't like blink and needs a target.
That may be true but its at level 30 (ish) which to start with is hard to level to when you have just started to play and you will also have to duel with the high armor cost which will be getting destroyed while you level.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I didn't find that much wrong about this guide. The only thing is that Pyromancer's "high" damage should really be "medium" because at the moment its output is not fantastic, especially in comparison to Wizard which you marked as "high". Otherwise, good job.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
I didn't find that much wrong about this guide. The only thing is that Pyromancer's "high" damage should really be "medium" because at the moment its output is not fantastic, especially in comparison to Wizard which you marked as "high". Otherwise, good job.
Completely agree with you :) CHANGED!

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Do I have the right to claim you as my slave now iTzDeXy , I made you do dis :3

Few more terms used that you might want to include.

Burst
DPS
Squishy
Raiding
Leveling/Grinding

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Do I have the right to claim you as my slave now iTzDeXy , I made you do dis :3

Few more terms used that you might want to include.

Burst
DPS
Squishy
Raiding
Leveling/Grinding
Dunno what creepy shit your into but nope xD
Also thanks for pointing out the other terms.