• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Paying $5 for a fix

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 4/7/11 3:26 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.4_01
Java: 1.6.0_23, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:267)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:638)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 540d3a21 ----------

That's the message I get when I try to play on my PC. You can teamview me if you are a trustworthy member of the community.. first come, first to get $5 via bank funded and verified PayPal.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
From looking around the Forums and doing some light digging with a diamond shovel of course, the problem is from Integrated video cards (Graphic Cards built into the motherboard) there are work arounds which is listed below:
Seems only OpenGL 2.0 and up will run Minecraft anything below fails, doubt this applies to you since you ran minecraft before.
Went Looking Around YOUTUBE, MOST of them are keyloggers if they ask you to download a file.. don't trust them.

[size=large]Try this first[/size]
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/606524-minecraft/answers?qid=259416
From another Forum
Try this:
1.Go to control Panel
2. Go to Display
3. click settings
4. click advanced, a scree will pop up
5. At that screen go to troubleshoot.
6. There you will see a dragger
7. Drag it on the third point, It will say that all DIRECT3d will be disabled
8. Play minecraft!
-NOTE- This fix usually causes the Mojang Logo to hang around a bit longer than usual but should let you into the game.
[size=large]Similar to first but dumb-downed[/size]
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=45528
From the Main Minecraft forum:
Open Properties on Desktop, go to configuration>advanced options>troubleshoot
Then drag the Hardware acceleration down to the third option. That fixes it for me.

Another one says:
Go to desktop - Right click - Properties - Settings - Advanced - Troubleshoot - Take the Hardware Acceleration to where it says: Disable all DeirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations....

[size=large]A more advance fix[/size] (peter suggest you try the last resort before ATTEMPTING this one)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=45528
(Too long to post here) -You have to reboot for this fix

-The problem might also be resolved if you download the latest JAVA.

LAST RESORT (This one is my own suggestion)
If you didn't manually update your drive do this:
Click START>Right click COMPUTER>Select and click MANAGE> Click OK if a message box appears>Locate and open DEVICE MANAGER under the SYSTEM TOOLS category> In the middle partition locate DISPLAY ADAPTERS>If you have more than one Graphic Card then open up the computer and find the model or download GPU-Z to see which is the active card being used.
-After remembering the name and model of the card, download the latest driver by searching Google, may want to download into a folder you will remember (just put it in the desktop)
Install and Reboot
-Clicking Update Driver on the Properties USUALLY does nothing significant.

FINAL FINAL FINAL FIX
-since this is an Integrated video card problem, buy a graphic cards.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
I doubt this is the problem however are you playing on render vision FAR, if so switch to normal, or less this solved my Crashing 100%...

beingben

Stone
try this,

Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advance>Trouble Shoot, Hard-Ware Acceleration, move it to the half point, the screen will flick black and should fix the problem.

If that doesnt work I can five you a step by step to uninstall your video driver and re-install it if need be. Feel free to pm me or let me know here.

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
Guys, the render difference doesn't affect anything; I can't even get in in the first place. I will try these fixes when I get home from school and 5 hours or so. If they work, I'll give the winner $5.

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
Yea it does Kainzo. Works fine on my Mac downstairs. Going to test the above solutions though now. Still up for solutions/suggestions.

Looks like I'm fucked because I don't have administrator on my PC. I have a guest account. So trouble shooting is not allowed for guests.

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo said:
Hmm, that's rough - why would you only be on the guest account?

Got grounded so my parents password protected my main account (the admin). I got my mom to let me on a few days ago and I created a guest account while I was pretending to look for a format for something I needed in school. Forgot to make him an administrator. My parents don't know this account exists.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Well there is no easy way to get your standard account to an Admin.
You either need to trick your parents again in letting you access to the Admin account and create another admin account.

-Not sure if this still works but go to Run and type in CMD (if you have XP) If you have Vista or Win 7 just type CMD in the bottom search bar and press enter.
You will be entered into the DOS menu of CMD and will say
c:\Users\ <Account Name>
Type in: net user administrator /active:yes

If you didn't already have this active, this should let you into a super secret hidden admin account :p .
To turn it off to hide it from your parents i think it's: net user administrator /active:no

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5
Pssst, Use Hirens Boot CD, you can actually boot into Admin without a password. I use it for the computers at work since the IT guy is never around to fix or repair anything, so I use the CD myself. You can download it on your guest account and if you can, burn it as well. Restart, pop it in, and boot off the CD. Once you've booted, it'll show a list of commands. Scroll down to "Kon Boot", hit enter, and when the first screen pops up, just hit enter, and let "Kon boot" start. DO NOT reset the password unless you know hat you are doing with Hirens. You might hit something wrong and you might mess it up :x. Hope I helped