• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch 3.62 - Who dropped the soap?!

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Make spout run in browser, like minecraft. It seams that my computer only laggs when it though a downloaded client.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
For some reason if when I use spout after about 30 minutes to an hour it lags extremely bad and I have to restart it.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
I don't know, it's just something weird with spout and I barely get any FPS. I get around like 50 or 60 with default MC client w/ optifine but I don't even reach 25 with spout.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Yeah, I love Spout. I'm not complaining that I have to use it. However, many people cannot properly use Spout. We need to fix our server like many other servers have. We've honestly lost half of our playerbase by making them use Spout. Not to jump on the bandwagon, but plenty of other servers are running without Spout, without xAuth, and they're not in offline mode. This short period may mean the slow death of Herocraft. Nothing happens on the server anymore, there's an average of 40 people instead of 100. Can't we run without requiring Spout with just xAuth?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Yeah, I love Spout. I'm not complaining that I have to use it. However, many people cannot properly use Spout. We need to fix our server like many other servers have. We've honestly lost half of our playerbase by making them use Spout. Not to jump on the bandwagon, but plenty of other servers are running without Spout, without xAuth, and they're not in offline mode. This short period may mean the slow death of Herocraft. Nothing happens on the server anymore, there's an average of 40 people instead of 100. Can't we run without requiring Spout with just xAuth?

100x This ^^^^

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
People said the same thing when we forced players to rollback to an older version of minecraft and things bounced back just fine.

Aetosion

Obsidian
@Kainzo
Apparently the authentication servers have been fixed. Why is Spout still mandatory?

Again, I like Spout and don't have big issues with it other than freeze frames. The majority have major issues. If we don't revert back to people being able to use Minecraft clients, I'm afraid the server will just die off from inactivity. I rarely find anyone to fight anymore, the majority of TC can't run Spout without heavy lag (and thus doesn't log on at all, and it's not just my guild. Many other members and towns are following suit.). Many are moving to other games now. We need to fix this. I'd love to see the server running Spout universally in the future, but it's not in the stage of development to allow for mandatory usage. Too many bugs still. And it's costing us over half our memberbase, and less log on every day.

@Zidane Freeze frames are a universal issue, the screen and player entity will freeze anywhere from 1 second to 2 minutes. Auto-Death in PVP.

Also lag, 50+ % of people can't get above 10 fps with spout. Most people use Optifine, and Spout's performance enhancement does not do nearly enough to bridge the gap between MC+Opti and Spout.

@Alator
The Auth servers were fixed by Mojang ages ago. Things still haven't bounced back.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo
Apparently the authentication servers have been fixed. Why is Spout still mandatory?

Again, I like Spout and don't have big issues with it other than freeze frames. The majority have major issues. If we don't revert back to people being able to use Minecraft clients, I'm afraid the server will just die off from inactivity. I rarely find anyone to fight anymore, the majority of TC can't run Spout without heavy lag (and thus doesn't log on at all, and it's not just my guild. Many other members and towns are following suit.). Many are moving to other games now. We need to fix this. I'd love to see the server running Spout universally in the future, but it's not in the stage of development to allow for mandatory usage. Too many bugs still. And it's costing us over half our memberbase, and less log on every day.

@Zidane Freeze frames are a universal issue, the screen and player entity will freeze anywhere from 1 second to 2 minutes. Auto-Death in PVP.

Also lag, 50+ % of people can't get above 10 fps with spout. Most people use Optifine, and Spout's performance enhancement does not do nearly enough to bridge the gap between MC+Opti and Spout.

@Alator
The Auth servers were fixed by Mojang ages ago. Things still haven't bounced back.
No, the auth servers were not fixed, the session servers were screwed - they changed the IP for the session servers that HAVE NOT been updated yet by our data center in Indiana. Do not spread bad information.

DNS servers can take DAYS to propagate to all areas. In this case, several.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
No, the auth servers were not fixed, the session servers were screwed - they changed the IP for the session servers that HAVE NOT been updated yet by our data center in Indiana. Do not spread bad information.
Why does every other server work completely then? There is no way all of the other servers would go to offline mode, it'd be to risky.

BuddahHopper

The Crayon
Apparently I'm already registered but its all like. ayo gtfo the server because you dont know your password and we dont give hints or send it to your email which i never even registered either

BuddahHopper

The Crayon
If kainzo did he didnt use the universal passcode of "spockisthespacejock" like he does for everything admin related =[