• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladins - Conviction/Reckoning - Mana/CD!

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Okay, so for pally, draining 70 mana for conviction seems like a lot for only 20% dmg reduction when skills like wisdom and might only drain 20/15. All i'm saying is that the mana cost for conviction should be reduced to about 25-35.

Now - onto the next part.

Reckoning CD. I know paladins aren't supposed to exactly chase people down, but the CD on reckoning is way too high for it's short range and like 1 second slow. IMO reckoning CD should be reduced to 10 or 8 like shieldreflect.

macura

Diamond
Reckoning is an aoe 8 block force pull and it slows for 3.5s. If the cd of reckoning was 10s then paladins would be not only the tankiest class but also have the most cc. Also reckoning will not activate if no one is in range so every time is it on cd it was never wasted. Additionally paladin also has another cc, divine stun. Reckoning's cd does not need to be decreased.

I could see conviction having a slightly lower manacost because it is very high currently. However you must keep in mind that it has an extremely long duration of 5 minutes and it is a far more powerful buff than both might and wisdom.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
8 blocks AOE isn't short range. I believe that's the farthest range on an AOE slow of any class in heroes, and it also has one of the longer durations. I don't see how giving it a shorter cooldown is necessary. (20 seconds isn't that long anyways)

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I totally agree with you, beast. My brother, madcow22 plays paladin, and I've watched him, after the use of one conviction, he goes from 100% mana to 40%.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Reckoning is an aoe 8 block force pull and it slows for 3.5s. If the cd of reckoning was 10s then paladins would be not only the tankiest class but also have the most cc. Also reckoning will not activate if no one is in range so every time is it on cd it was never wasted. Additionally paladin also has another cc, divine stun. Reckoning's cd does not need to be decreased.

I could see conviction having a slightly lower manacost because it is very high currently. However you must keep in mind that it has an extremely long duration of 5 minutes and it is a far more powerful buff than both might and wisdom.
8 blocks AOE isn't short range. I believe that's the farthest range on an AOE slow of any class in heroes, and it also has one of the longer durations. I don't see how giving it a shorter cooldown is necessary. (20 seconds isn't that long anyways)
Yes but when I chase people.. idk it could be my lag or something but every time I always feel I have to be within 4 blocks to pull them back to me :3 -> at what you said about divine stun, yeah its good for chasing people down but if you're actually in a fight (as a non-retarded pally) you will never use divine stun as it would be a waste of mana and stamina.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
I experience a similar problem with MelodicBinding as a Bard. The server lag/unpredictability right now often makes it difficult to tell if someone is within range. I understand that it may seem that the range isn't always right, but that is just how Herocraft is right now. Reducing the cooldown on a 3.5 second slow to ~10 seconds would allow a pally to easily stun lock too many people.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
I experience a similar problem with MelodicBinding as a Bard. The server lag/unpredictability right now often makes it difficult to tell if someone is within range. I understand that it may seem that the range isn't always right, but that is just how Herocraft is right now. Reducing the cooldown on a 3.5 second slow to ~10 seconds would allow a pally to easily stun lock too many people.
Thank you for putting in constructive details into this thread. It seems we have come to a final verdict. Make conviction cost less mana and leave reckoning as it is.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Wait, doesn't Conviction work on your party within 15 blocks? For 5 minutes?

Use it at the start of the fight, big guy. All that reduction and armor will keep you alive until your precious mana comes back.

I think 60-70% mana is a good area to stay in.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Can a Paladin time how long it takes to use conviction, and then recover back to full mana. This would give a better idea of duration vs. Mana cost.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Wait, doesn't Conviction work on your party within 15 blocks? For 5 minutes?

Use it at the start of the fight, big guy. All that reduction and armor will keep you alive until your precious mana comes back.

I think 60-70% mana is a good area to stay in.
... 'big guy'?

You use conviction with your party, then you have to sit there for 3 minutes or so waiting for your mana until you can fight unless you have a beguiler/bard..

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
When the server's back up, I'll time it and edit this post.

Nevermind, don't feel like editing because I took so long to time it. When using conviction, it takes 70 seconds to get back to full mana. When using conviction + soulfire, as any good paladin would at the start of a Skirmish, it takes 90 seconds (give or take), and leaves you with only a third of your mana.