• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(out dated) Releasing the HeroModPack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duedarum

TNT
Needed to allocate more memory to Java. Had done it for Minecraft specifically but not Java in general.

And yes it was with the installers.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Thanks to @Mumfrey, we will soon have a cleaner installation process with an automatic updater for the mods. This will be provided as the replacement for the Modpack Installer and bump the modpack to 2.0 status. We will no longer provide a manual installation pack as the mods will be downloaded directly to the client via ModPackUpdater. Note: The ModPack will no longer load mods from the /.minecraft/mods folder after the update, it will use a new profile called "HeroModPack" which installs itself into /.minecraft/modpacks/HeroModPack/ folder. More info will come soon.

Tagging the necessary people @Rumblestikk

Maybe get a wiki page started? @WitchOnaRampage

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Thanks to @Mumfrey, we will soon have a cleaner installation process with an automatic updater for the mods. This will be provided as the replacement for the Modpack Installer and bump the modpack to 2.0 status. We will no longer provide a manual installation pack as the mods will be downloaded directly to the client via ModPackUpdater. Note: The ModPack will no longer load mods from the /.minecraft/mods folder after the update, it will use a new profile called "HeroModPack" which installs itself into /.minecraft/modpacks/HeroModPack/ folder. More info will come soon.

Tagging the necessary people @Rumblestikk

Maybe get a wiki page started? @WitchOnaRampage
Wait, @Mumfrey ? The same Mumfrey who designed lite loader and MacroMod? I'm sure you get this a lot, but it doesn't hurt to hear it again; I love you.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I know there are certain entire groups of players running around with Heromod, giving them a huge advantage over the rest of us.
Can we expect to have a level playing field with Heromod given to all players with the new modpack?
If the modpack is still a week or so away can get either get Heromod made illegal or openly distributed to keep the playing field even?

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
Is there any estimated date at which the pack will include party frames? It will make healing much more appealing, as the only viable way to heal as of right now is with communication in ts.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Is there any estimated date at which the pack will include party frames? It will make healing much more appealing, as the only viable way to heal as of right now is with communication in ts.

Several towns are already using frames Tjundis. It was a selective "beta" release.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
As far as I'm aware only certain people have HeroMod and at selective stages; not everything is 100%

when we push the updater it MAY be done; I'm not promising ANYTHING. Just be patient we will get it to you when all the bugs are worked out.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
From what I have heard, select individuals were given Heromod to test and those individuals gave it to their townships to use.
That's why I was asking to make it beta for all or illegal to use until it's ready.
As per usual we will just be patient and deal with whatever happens :confused:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly I should not make accusations I cannot backup, as I have no evidence, but I have heard tales.
True or not that's why I was requesting making is "not OK" until it;'s released. :rolleyes:

Yeesh, that would be quite an advantage. at least it sounds like its hopefully coming live soon lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.