• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion OrePlacement

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This was just a random thought and I have no clue if it's possible but:
Would it be possible to make certain classes able to place certain ores?

The specific example I had in mind is Redstone Ore. Engineers and Miners (Miners would be able to place all ore) could place Redstone ore at say lvl 60. This ore would have a refresh time (The time it takes for blocks to give Exp again) of something ridiculous. The main reason I don't know if this is possible is I have no clue how the server checks each blocks timer. I know at least for Redstone (Traps) Gold, Diamond, Emerald (Showing Wealth) Ore placement could help. And if the timer thing is possible you couldn't use these to farm. It would also let people use the Silk Touch now Fortune Later thing (Not really an issue since fortune isn't the easiest thing to obtain). I dunno, just a random idea I came up with

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
This was just a random thought and I have clue if it's possible but:

The specific example I had in mind is Redstone Ore. Engineers and Miners (Miners would be able to place all ore) could place Redstone ore at say lvl 60. This ore would have a refresh time (The time it takes for blocks to give Exp again) of something ridiculous. The main reason I don't know if this is possible is I have no clue how the server checks each blocks timer. I know at least for Redstone (Traps) Gold, Diamond, Emerald (Showing Wealth) Ore placement could help. And if the timer thing is possible you couldn't use these to farm. It would also let people use the Silk Touch now Fortune Later thing (Not really an issue since fortune isn't the easiest thing to obtain). I dunno, just a random idea I came up with
Dude I farmed soulsand last map EXP BOOST OP people will do anything

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Dude I farmed soulsand last map EXP BOOST OP people will do anything
My point of making a REALLY REALLY ridiculous timer on it. Example: 1 year. If a Diamond Ore is placed, not mined for a year, and the map is still going someone deserves to get that. They could even be considered rare blocks that are stealable (Or in this case breakable). Again, this was something that just popped into my head

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

yes because with a couple fortune 4 picks on the server this would be a great thing to do, not to say ores are already worth pretty much nothing...

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
My point of making a REALLY REALLY ridiculous timer on it. Example: 1 year. If a Diamond Ore is placed, not mined for a year, and the map is still going someone deserves to get that. They could even be considered rare blocks that are stealable (Or in this case breakable). Again, this was something that just popped into my head
Server Restart, well Restart it and let you mine it for exp I think..... Don't know if this is avoidable

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
yes because with a couple fortune 4 picks on the server this would be a great thing to do, not to say ores are already worth pretty much nothing...
Why does moving an ore have anything to do with using fortune on it......cause people totally cant do that already

Server Restart, well Restart it and let you mine it for exp I think..... Don't know if this is avoidable
If that's true than this idea wouldn't work in any way. Again, my point was to actually give some use to Silk Touch (What else do yu use it for besides 1 or grass, Mycelium or Podzol blocks?) and for more engie traps (Buds anyone?)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Why does moving an ore have anything to do with using fortune on it......cause people totally cant do that already

If that's true than this idea wouldn't work in any way. Again, my point was to actually give some use to Silk Touch (What else do yu use it for besides 1 or grass, Mycelium or Podzol blocks?) and for more engie traps (Buds anyone?)
Placing An Ore and using Fortune on it would effectively give u unlimited redstone/gold/iron/diamonds

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Placing An Ore and using Fortune on it would effectively give u unlimited redstone/gold/iron/diamonds
Right, because right now I cant take a fortune pick and just go mining.......I would have to silk touch them and then use fortune. Also: It wouldn't be unlimited....
Also: Fortune doesn't effect iron at all

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
It would also let people use the Silk Touch now Fortune Later thing (Not really an issue since fortune isn't the easiest thing to obtain).

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't understand what you mean by this. You don't get the ore back to replace and remine.Back in Zeal people would use clay blocks to exp boost because you could just recraft the clay when you farm it.

I have always wanted to be able to place ores somehow. A long time ago I suggested that you have to use a reagent to place it. Such as 1-3 ingots of the ore you are trying to place.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I mean if you got like a silk toucj fortune 4 pick wouldn't you be able to just mine the ore and silk touch it for more of the ore?

MajDeath

Portal
You know, back in the DG days we got an engineer and pushed the ore all the way to where we wanted it to go with pistons.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
And if the timer thing is possible you couldn't use these to farm.
I disagree because people will be VERY inventive in their attempts to exploit, and this suggestion would make it easier.

You cannot have silk touch and fortune on the same pick.

With Ores and just one Silk Touch Pick, I could farm Souls from Gold Ores, Diamond Ores, and Emerald Ores. Just an example of a simple exploit (not requiring Fortune) that would have to be addressed if we ever had this suggestion.

edit: @minimike96 My point is that enabling ore placement is too much trouble to be worth it, and you can still achieve Your desired results through an easily automated version of the process Nonamemajdeath described.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I disagree because people will be VERY inventive in their attempts to exploit, and this suggestion would make it easier.

With Ores and just one Silk Touch Pick, I could farm Souls from Gold Ores, Diamond Ores, and Emerald Ores. Just an example of a simple exploit (not requiring Fortune) that would have to be addressed if we ever had this suggestion.

I never said this was perfect.
And who knows if there's a way to disable souls from player placed blocks.
There might be, there might not.
My point is Ore Placement would be amazing ONLY if we can prevent abuse. And if people really go to the trouble of duping or abusing this then they shouldn't be here in the first place

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
IMy point is that enabling ore placement is too much trouble to be worth it, and you can still achieve Your desired results through an easily automated version of the process Nonamemajdeath described.
Maybe so, but I don't think having to piston an ore 700 blocks only for someone to break it (Is that allowed? Can you own ores?).
Maybe it is too much effort, maybe everyone would abuse the crap out it. I just had an idea, and pitched it best I could