• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT On Oct 4th, 7PM CST: Herocraft Reborn!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Herocraft Online Newsletter.Hero Network = hub.hc.to coming Oct 1st (MC 1.6.4)
hcobanner.png

Presenting: Herocraft Reborn!
On October 4th, 2013 (7PM CST) There will be a new map, named Haven! All items, levels, currency, worlds, arenas, rankings and anything else not mentioned will be completely reset. The only things that will be transferred are: supporter ranks, special titles, store perks and a few cosmetic items. The new connecting IP for Herocraft will be hub.hc.to

This is a new era of Herocraft! You have the chance to start fresh, battle new foes, and become the great hero you've always dreamed about! There are some drastic changes coming to the server that you may want to know about ahead of time. Read on to learn more about Herocraft 5.0 and the changes that will affect you. If you want a full changelog, make sure to read the patch-notes.

Attributes
Players no longer gain damage, range, mana or health when they level. Instead, your character will gain attribute points. You may place these points by typing '/attributes' and distributing them via the GUI menu.

Equipment Weight
Flat armor restrictions will be removed in favor of equipment weight. Each piece of armor will weigh a certain amount, and depending on your Endurance attribute, you will be able to wear various types of armor at once.

Currency
The gold standard has fallen off as the main source of currency for the realm of Herocraft. You will need to hunt, trade, vote, and do other tasks to obtain the money needed to purchase your next class, chest protection, region or township.

Premium Monthly Subscription
No Pay2win:
We're now offering a monthly subscription via paypal. These ethical perks will allow you to stand out from others and have unique subscriber only titles/pets without unbalancing gameplay for non-subscribers. Subscribe here!

New Skills
There are several new skills that you will be able to add to your arsenal, so make sure to read up on the wiki when it's updated and test them out! A few examples are; BoneSpear, Whirlwind, Doomwave, Darkbolt, Blizzard, DreadAura, FeignDeath and Intervene.

Classes & Professions
Let's mix it up!
We've heard your cries, various classes and professions have been changed to better reflect their roles. Over the following months, we will be adding additional classes to Herocraft, ex. "Berzerker, Shaman, Runesmith..."

3rd Anniversary of HC!
We will be celebrating the 3rd year of Herocraft by having special top-supporter prizes and special limited edition prefixes/suffixes that will be the envy of your friends! Read more about it here

New Admin: Event Coordinator!
I'd like to take this time to welcome back one of our long standing staff members, Xanipher, to the Staff of Herocraft. She has played a vital role to the server and will be assuming a new position for events and the like!

In closing, the team of Herocraft would like to thank everyone who has waited patiently for a fresh start. It takes a massive amount of time and teamwork to put together a server of this size so we are recruiting devs and builders for our Adventure Map push, you can find the recruitment post here. We hope you tell your friends and enjoy Herocraft for years to come!

Become a Subscriber
(MC 1.6.4)
slider.png

EDIT:
Due to some things not being in the state that we would call "ready" - I am pushing this release back to Friday, Oct 4th at 7PM CST. I apologize for the delays but we're hoping to show you something great and it will be worth the wait!

Last edited:

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I think I'll echo the community's view on this...
FINALLY!

I can't wait, and it should be nice to see the early scramble to get things started. It couldn't come at a worse time for me since I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks a couple days after the wipe, but that's life.

@Umbra, do I have to re-apply again or is it a given that I'll be mayor? Thanks in advance.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Could you elaborate on currency? I didn't think custom items were in yet. With that in mind, getting 'currency' from mobs is not possible. Is voting the only way of printing money?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I can't wait, and it should be nice to see the early scramble to get things started. It couldn't come at a worse time for me since I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks a couple days after the wipe, but that's life.
I'll be gone the first week aswell, so you're not the only one :p

And WOOO, finally a new map :D

Heralds gonna have to hype this everywhere!

Screw Rome 2 Total War, League of Legends and GTA 5. It's a new HC map incoming! :D

My signature is pretty much how I feel right now.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Looking forward to this! Glad it's now and not in November, I'm becoming swamped in November with Birthdays + Blizzcon. :O

I cant wait to see the plans @Eldrylars

Just a little note before the main community gets here, we are watching this thread; any trolling or bashing will be dealt with. Consider this your warning.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I think I'll echo the community's view on this...
FINALLY!

Same here - leave for vacation on the 3rd. Oh well.. Maybe I'll just take Oct 2nd off and play all day instead of working :)

Ched Nasad will rise again - so any of my town mates interested in helping build the town again, let me know via PMs.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
This is really cool. Out of curiosity, how would this effect the schedule of the proposed Herocraft olympics? Will those be delayed a little for people to level up more? The event sounded really fun and I hope it is still planned for the near future.

Also, regarding gold going byebye ... thats fine by me in general, but will voting be the only way to create new currency now? or will DHX buy various things for low amounts until people have enough money to trade with each other effectively? Wondering how someone would spec early on if voting is only way to get money . . . would have to wait 13 days (3c per vote x7 vote = 21c per day) to get 260c to spec? lol.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Maybe a coin reward will return to the voting winners. Would be a huge boost to those who have religiously voted for the server over the past months to get a slight edge in the reset - something like 300c for everyone who was in the top 10 each month ? (If records are kept that long). Yes this is self serving as I've been in there, but it does take effort to vote enough each month to make the top 10. Even top 5 would be good. Heck maybe just a Top Bastion Voter title for us folk - just think something like this would be received very well by the voting community.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
This is really cool. Out of curiosity, how would this effect the schedule of the proposed Herocraft olympics? Will those be delayed a little for people to level up more? The event sounded really fun and I hope it is still planned for the near future.

I bet the Herolympics will simply be held on the bastion map when the time comes and hopefully the titles / winnings will carry over to the new server.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
But... now I have to choose between GTA Online and HC...

why you make this so hard? :(

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Also, regarding gold going byebye ... thats fine by me in general, but will voting be the only way to create new currency now? or will DHX buy various things for low amounts until people have enough money to trade with each other effectively? Wondering how someone would spec early on if voting is only way to get money . . . would have to wait 13 days (3c per vote x7 vote = 21c per day) to get 260c to spec? lol.
They will be delayed. The timing sucked on that but we'll have it there :)

Currency can be gained from mining ore (you will have a small chance to gain a special nugget that can be traded in for DHX coins)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
They will be delayed. The timing sucked on that but we'll have it there :)

Currency can be gained from mining ore (you will have a small chance to gain a special nugget that can be traded in for DHX coins)

Cool, sounds good to me

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Looking forward to this! Glad it's now and not in November, I'm becoming swamped in November with Birthdays + Blizzcon. :O

I cant wait to see the plans @Eldrylars

Just a little note before the main community gets here, we are watching this thread; any trolling or bashing will be dealt with. Consider this your warning.

Plans? There is a Map wipe? News to me, not sure what will happen?!