• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Official] The Community Ran PvP Tournament

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
-Tournament not going on due to do teams applying-
The first community ran PvP tournament

Hello and welcome to the 1st community ran PvP tournament thread. This is where you can talk, give suggestions and also register your teams. This is a 5v5 PvP tournament that will be hosted over so many weeks (Depending on how many teams register and what time i can get online to host). I have never done this before so i am not sure how well this is going to go but I'm sure it will run smoothly.

Tourney channel: /ch UltimateOptics qwerty

Closing date for team apps: Saturday 24th August
Arenas have to be built and inspected by: Saturday 17th August

Most battles will be held on different dates at the time 9pm(CST)

Things we need:
- Some wizards that are active that could help GTP teams into the arena.

Rules of the tournament:
1) 5 people in a team. No more no less.
2) Golden apples are also NOT allowed.
3) One team per user.
4) All teams must have at least one reserve.
5) Bring your own stuff - We will NOT provide gear or reagents
6) Each fight will be best out of 3 so be ready to fight 3 times if needed.
7) NO using group teleport to bring dead players back into the arena.

Disobeying the rules will lead to disqualification from the tournament so not able to win a prize.

Dates of rounds:
-To be decided at a later date

Teams:
- - - -

Prizes:
-More prizes to be added on at a later date-
1st prize
3,000c

2nd prize
2,000c

3rd prize
1,000c

Towns that are letting us use there PvP arenas:
Braavos
Fairmount
Willowdusk

Supporters/donators to prizes:
Jonsoon - Donated 5,000c towards the prize fund.
JenksLaw - Building us an arena to use in Fairmount.
victim130 - Helping with promotion of this event.
Trazil - Building an arena we can use in Willowdusk.
Drastikos - Helping with GTP's to the arenas and maybe building/giving us another arena to use.

Want to donate an item or money to the prizes? Feel free! Post below what you wish to donate and get with me online!

Team registration
You need 5 members of your team and 1-2 reserves. Banned players are not allowed on teams.
Application:
Team name:
Team leader:
1st member:
2nd member:
3rd member:
4th member:
1st reserve:
2nd reserve(Optional):

Join the tournament channel: /ch UltimateOptics qwerty

Note: Please note any ports that i sell in the next 2 weeks will be added onto the prize fund. Ports will cost 20c and also every port i do i will also add 10c into the pot.

Money made by ports: 240c

Last edited:

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
I suck at PvP so I can probably help with GTPs - depending on days / times.
Awesome, you don't have to be on for every battle its just good to know you will be able to help out if your online :)
I will add you to helpers/supports list.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Is there a particular reason why resurrection is disallowed other than a dislike of the skill? It's been allowed in previous pvp tourneys, and unlike the item restrictions, it's something that is built in the classes.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Is there a particular reason why resurrection is disallowed other than a dislike of the skill? It's been allowed in previous pvp tourneys, and unlike the item restrictions, it's something that is built in the classes.
It is easily mixed up. eg. You could gtp someone back into the arena fully geared and say it was resurrection. Also i honestly don't like the idea of bringing someone back into a battle making them literally have 2 lives meaning its technically a 6v5.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
It is easily mixed up. eg. You could gtp someone back into the arena fully geared and say it was resurrection. Also i honestly don't like the idea of bringing someone back into a battle making them literally have 2 lives meaning its technically a 6v5.

You come back with low mana, no gear, and no supplies, the healer in question is out of the fight for a good amount of time. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between gtp and resurrection, especially considering gtp is verbose, the wizard is sitting still for 15 seconds and is a wizard not a healer class... I'm not sure how you would mix up the two.
I don't have a problem with banning gtp in the battle. But resurrection is a viable ploy, but has a signiicant cost to it, since the healer has to be out of commission for a bit. Additionally you can only really bring back a magic class to the battle, since reequipping armor and transferring equipment is tough in the heat of battle.

I don't like fighting against undying will or layhands or reborn, since those are like getting an extra life, but that doesn't mean I think they should be banned from the tourney.

If we're worried about people using the time in the gy to regear and reequip, we can have someone watch the gy during the fight, or host some of the fights in spawn. Also if they come back regeared, it's pretty obvious they cheated

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
You come back with low mana, no gear, and no supplies, the healer in question is out of the fight for a good amount of time. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between gtp and resurrection, especially considering gtp is verbose, the wizard is sitting still for 15 seconds and is a wizard not a healer class... I'm not sure how you would mix up the two.
I don't have a problem with banning gtp in the battle. But resurrection is a viable ploy, but has a signiicant cost to it, since the healer has to be out of commission for a bit. Additionally you can only really bring back a magic class to the battle, since reequipping armor and transferring equipment is tough in the heat of battle.

I don't like fighting against undying will or layhands or reborn, since those are like getting an extra life, but that doesn't mean I think they should be banned from the tourney.

If we're worried about people using the time in the gy to regear and reequip, we can have someone watch the gy during the fight, or host some of the fights in spawn. Also if they come back regeared, it's pretty obvious they cheated
Also if you bring a wizard back into the fight they can replenish which makes them be able to use some of there combat skills (pulse, fireball, root, icebolt) and again i do not like the idea of a 6v5 :p

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Also if you bring a wizard back into the fight they can replenish which makes them be able to use some of there combat skills (pulse, fireball, root, icebolt) and again i do not like the idea of a 6v5 :p

I don't like layhands, or harmtouch, can we ban those from the tourney? Layhands is a 6v5 too

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't like layhands, or harmtouch, can we ban those from the tourney? Layhands is a 6v5 too
Hmm.. I see the point you are making... I guess i could alter the rules and allow the skill since it would be unfair to still let pally's use layhands. Could you name the skills that allow you to revive a player?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
In my opinion, the more restrictions that are placed on this tournament the less people are going to participate and the less realistic it will be.
While Layhands and Harmtouch are powerful spells, they can only be used once during any normal fight. Restricting these legal abilities will not make a the tournament more "fair" it will just put unneeded restrictions on what classes are allowed in.
Resurrection takes time and health/mana. Tons of it. For Cleric it takes 1/4 of the entire mana pool and 10 seconds to warm up. That means more then likely you will let your team mates die by not healing them, but even if they don't die you will have just sapped 1/4 of your entire mana pool.

I don't even agree will banning Enchanted apples/potions as they are easy to get and cheap but banning legitimate skills really seems overboard.