• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[OBSELETE] How to access Herocraft Old Server

Abyss

Air
[size=xx-large]THIS IS NO LONGER RELEVANT. IGNORE THIS GUIDE.[/size]

If you're here, you wanna know how to get onto the Beta 1.1_02 version server.

Start by having the Minecraft client. You cannot use the browser client, you have to download the Minecraft.exe.

Once you've downloaded it, run Minecraft.exe and let it update. Then close out of it. It has to be closed for the Version Switcher to work.

Download the Minecraft Version Switcher.

Now, Unzip that using your favorite unzip program. For most of you, just right click and hit extract all, then chose a location. Once you've extracted it, run the Minecraft Switcher program.

Select the option that is Beta.1.1_02. For the default installation, this will be either option 5 or 6. Ignore the Minimap or HD Pack ones, unless you know what you're doing.

Once you've selected the option and hit enter, it will make the necessary changes. Then hit enter to close the Minecraft Switcher.

Now run Minecraft. In the Multiplayer server, enter "herocraft.zapto.org:1284" without the quotes and connect.

You should get in and it will work fine.

When you're ready to go back to the current version, rerun the Minecraft Version Switcher, and select the Beta.1.2_01 option (This should be 8). This will put your minecraft back at the current version as of this posting.

Any questions, feel free to ask me. I'm around.

Special thanks to Lucky for buying me my own Minecraft account. I can finally use a name that matches my forum name. I can now be found on Herocraft as RQTVAbyss

Abyss

Air
RE: How to access Herocraft Old Server

Client download updated to include 1.2_02.1 jar file.

Minecraft updated today, though the version didn't change. I added the .1 to the end to signify this small revision.

I have no clue what changed, so I just included both the slightly old (but newer) jar, and the newest jar.

For those of you that updated today and downgraded using my program, you might want to update your mcswitcher so you have the most current version of the jars, because when you downgraded you likely wiped your most current jar file.

J

jorict

Arggghhh issues connecting :(((

Edit: I think I got it, just took some time(Maybe so). Also can I use my own texture pack?

Abyss

Air

If it's a standard texture pack, just don't use the HDPack jar and use your texture and it'll work fine. Most texture packs (excluding the HD ones) don't touch the jars so they're fine. If you want the HDPack (32x32) just use the HDPack I've included (if it works for you).

Issues connecting either to minecraft.net or the server are typically unrelated to my program. You would only experience problems with mine if you're using the wrong version to connect to the server.

Abyss

Air

Client download updated to include 1.2_02 jar file.

For those of you that updated today and downgraded using my program, you might want to update your mcswitcher so you have the most current version of the jars, because when you downgraded you likely wiped your most current jar file.

Abyss

Air

Bump, as this thread is still incredibly relevant and a lot of new players are looking for it.

Abyss

Air

Mac version released for moderate-advanced users. Amateur users can try, but no promises it will work.