• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Newbie Guide - Wiki Tab

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
You guys noticed the Wiki Tab on the Herocraft website? Right above you, the tab between Shoutbox and Donate?

It leads to the List of Commands and a new Newbie Guide.
The list of commands has been created and modified long ago, but the Newbie Guide has never changed since implementation of that tab. Until today, however...

The page was empty, I didn't like that. I took some of my free time to add a Newbie Guide, written with my own words I call it Newbie Guide 2.0.

Would you like to keep it that way?
Any feedback on this?
What would you add in addition or remove?

We should also work on this, now that we are at it (more or less I guess): Page List

Link to the wiki Newbie Guide - the "old Newbie Guide": Old Newbie Guide

I know, chances are bad any newbie actually finds it, but then ask yourself again: How many newbies found the page before, when it was empty, looking for help? Hence my initiative.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Nice! I.... completey forget the hc.to password, and I'm out of town until Saturday. But in general, we need to go through the hc.to links and update them, heh.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Eneokun @Alator

In the maze of short links and new and returning players, are you also aware of hc.to/gettingstarted ? This is the link to the Getting Started Guide at the wiki, which was intended to be a solid comprehensive guide. I'm thinking it hasn't been updated in a while, however.

This forums vs wiki thing about the best source of info has been going on forever, lol.

Eneokun, would you like to be able to edit the wiki? If so, message me and I'll get you set up. Alator can also do this for you. Cheers.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
@Eneokun @Alator

In the maze of short links and new and returning players, are you also aware of hc.to/gettingstarted ? This is the link to the Getting Started Guide at the wiki, which was intended to be a solid comprehensive guide. I'm thinking it hasn't been updated in a while, however.

This forums vs wiki thing about the best source of info has been going on forever, lol.

Eneokun, would you like to be able to edit the wiki? If so, message me and I'll get you set up. Alator can also do this for you. Cheers.

I noticed some things to be outdated, and it's annoying to message someone with permissions for every tiny thing. Of course I welcome having the access for corrections.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You guys noticed the Wiki Tab on the Herocraft website? Right above you, the tab between Shoutbox and Donate?

It leads to the List of Commands and a new Newbie Guide.
The list of commands has been created and modified long ago, but the Newbie Guide has never changed since implementation of that tab. Until today, however...

The page was empty, I didn't like that. I took some of my free time to add a Newbie Guide, written with my own words I call it Newbie Guide 2.0.

Would you like to keep it that way?
Any feedback on this?
What would you add in addition or remove?

We should also work on this, now that we are at it (more or less I guess): Page List

Link to the wiki Newbie Guide - the "old Newbie Guide": Old Newbie Guide

I know, chances are bad any newbie actually finds it, but then ask yourself again: How many newbies found the page before, when it was empty, looking for help? Hence my initiative.
Everything looks fine... have been wanted to transition to the forum wiki over the mediawiki site for a while but the time and logistics is a bit crazy.