• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New ISP - Minecraft server issues - Help

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Okay, so I/fam went over to our new house that we're going to move into, and we set up the internet as well. I hopped onto youtube/facebook/herocraft forums/teamspeak and everything was loading extremely fast. I then hopped onto minecraft, my server list, and after waiting 25 seconds, found this.

18288p.png

25000 ping, WTF?

So I proceeded and went to connect to the server, it took about 15 seconds to log in, and then when I made it in, I felt like I was getting my usual 800-1000 ping. Does anyone know anything about this? I deleted all files of my mc and reinstalled my macros/optifine after and still have this issue.

Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Gateway / routing issues.
We're based out of Houston, TX - do pingtests to that. We don't actively block or stagger any connections.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Make sure you also have all the proper ports forwarded and/or opened. As I'm at work, I forget the exact ports I use. But I seem to remember having this issue on my first day on HC.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Gateway / routing issues.
We're based out of Houston, TX - do pingtests to that. We don't actively block or stagger any connections.
I did a speedtest to Houstin TX ->
t5r48i.png

Make sure you also have all the proper ports forwarded and/or opened. As I'm at work, I forget the exact ports I use. But I seem to remember having this issue on my first day on HC.
I'll try access that today.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hopefully you get it sorted, 300ms isnt bad but I wouldnt wholesomely rely on the "ping" status of Minecraft, any bukkit server wont properly respond to ping requests since they broke it.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Depending on your modem it is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to get to where you can check your port settings, dmz, and the like.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Kainzo - I have gotten into the Routerlogin thingy and am at the 'Port fowarding / Port triggering' section. I have no clue how to do this. I added like a custom service and did some configuring but I probably did it all wrong e_o