• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Class: Dread Lurker

Should this class be put in?

• Total voters

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
I recently was wondering why the rogue path didn't have a dark kind of class. Well I thought I should suggest something for that. The Dread Lurker would be a type of class that deals mostly blinding damage, light armored, and would use a sword. I think this would be a nice addition to balance out the rogues with everyone else.

Skills For DL (Dread Lurker)
Level 1: Kick: Deal 45 damage and interrupts your targets casting (plus 1.5 per strength attribute)
Takes no mana

Level 1: Sneak: You hide your nameplate from view until damage is taken.
Takes no mana

Level 1: Envenom: Adds 9 Damage (adds .05 damage per agility attribute) To your attack
Takes no mana

Level 10: Dark Swipe: Deals 60% of your weapon damage and blinds the target for 3 seconds. (Plus 5 damage every 2 strength points)
Takes no mana

Level 15: ShadowStep(Thanks to malik) Teleports you to your target within 10 blocks for 5 seconds then teleports you back dealing 50 damage(Increased by .3 each point in agility) and blinding the target for 2.5 seconds.
Takes 30% mana

Level 20: SoulEater: You eat your targets soul (1.5 second warm-up) Dealing 66 damage and healing you for 50 health(Armor ignoring). (adds .5 damage every 1 intellect point)
Takes 20% mana

Level 25: ChaoticSpeed: After a warm-up of 5 seconds you receive speed 3 for 1 minute. (For every 2 intellect points adds 5 seconds)
Takes 35% mana

Level 30: DeafeningShot: The next shot fired with your bow will reduce your targets intellect by 10 and slows them for 5 seconds. (adds .05 seconds every 2 agility points)
Takes 20% mana

Level 35: DeepeningWound: You stab your target for 50 damage and deal 40 (increased by .5 each strength point) damage over 10 seconds
Takes no mana

Level 40: DarkSphere: You shoot out wither (increased skulls by 1 every 4 points in Intellect) skulls from a set location in a circle damaging the terrain(Only on PVP) and dealing 70 damage to whatever it hits. Not armor piercing. (3 Second warm-up) (adds 3 damage every 4 intellect points)
Takes 45% mana

Level 50: (A bit like bone-spear but with a bow) OverwhelmingShot: The next shot fired in 4 seconds will have a 25% reduced velocity and in a 3 block spread will deal 75 damage. This is not armor piercing. (Adds .5 Damage points every 3 Agility points)
Takes 35% mana

Level 55: PhysicalReverse: You steal 20% of your targets mana and adds 50% the damage you do in your next 3 hits.(Adds 1% more to weapon damage every 3 Strength points)
Uses no mana

Level 60: BlindingDeath: You blind your target for 2 seconds and go invisible for 6 seconds (increased by .5 seconds for every 2 points in intellect) or until you use another skill, you are slowed for 3 seconds after using this skill.
Takes 20% mana

Level 65: FinalWords: (Warm-up for 2.5 seconds) You deal 300 damage to yourself and explode your target for 200 damage. (This will also give anyone in your party strength I, potency of strength is increased by 1 added damage boost every 3 points in intellect) If your target is more than one player the damage will divide equally if multiple enemies are in a party.
Takes 40% mana

Class begging HP: 500

Base Damage: 3 added each Strength attribute

Fist: 10
Wood Sword: 20
Stone Sword: 30
Iron Sword: 40
Diamond Sword: 50
Gold Sword: 60
(Axes deal 5 more damage but take twice as much durability damage than a normal axe would and lowers agility by 5)
Wood Axe: 25 (Subtracts 40% of the weapons durability)
Stone Axe: 35 (Subtracts 45% of the weapons durability)
Iron Axe: 50 (Subracts 50% of the weapons durability)
Diamond Axe: 55 (Subtracts 55% of the weapons durability)
Gold Axe: 60 (Subtracts 60% of the weapons durability)
Armors Worn:
Helmet: Leather, Chain, Gold
Chestplate: Leather
Leggings:Leather,Chain,Gold
Boots: Leather, Chain, Gold, Iron (If wearing iron, subtracts 3 agility points)

Base Attributes:
3 Strength
5 Constitution
0 Endurance
3 Agility
2 Intellect
0 Wisdom
0 Charisma

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Skills don't just deal a flat out "100" damage. You should add a scale of how the damage will increase. (+1.5 per int, str, agi)

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Skills don't just deal a flat out "100" damage. You should add a scale of how the damage will increase. (+1.5 per int, str, agi)
Irish I am planning a bunch more to add this is just a platform for me to start with

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I really don't like ult tbh Rogues are supposed to be very good at solo raiding not a martyr

MajDeath

Portal
lets combine Bloodmage and DreadKnight - the first dark hybrid hybrid shall be born! (not making these skill ideas)

Avoir

Obsidian
I recently was wondering why the rogue path didn't have a dark kind of class. Well I thought I should suggest something for that. The Dread Lurker would be a type of class that deals mostly blinding damage, light armored, and would use a sword. I think this would be a nice addition to balance out the rogues with everyone else.

Skills For DL (Dread Lurker)
Level 1: Kick: Deal 45 damage and slow your target
Level 1: Sneak: You hide your name from view.
Level 1: Envenom: Adds 9 Damage (adds .05 damage per Strength attribute) To your attack
Level 10: Dark Swing: Deals 60% of your weapon damage and blinds the target for 5 seconds.
Level 15: ShadowStep(Thanks to malik) Teleports you to your target within 10 blocks for 5 seconds then teleports you back dealing 50 damage and blinding the target for 2.5 seconds.
Level 20: SoulEater: You eat your targets soul (1.5 second warm-up) Dealing 100 damage and healing you for 75 health.
Level 25: ChaoticSpeed: After a warm-up of 5 seconds you receive speed 3 for 1 minute.
Level 30: DeafeningShot: The next shot fired with your bow will reduce your targets intellect by 20 and slow them for 8 seconds.
Level 35: DeepeningWound: You stab your target for 50 damage and deal 100 damage over 10 seconds
Level 40: DarkSphere: You shoot out wither skulls from a set location in a circle damaging the terrain and dealing 90 damage to whatever it hits (3 Second warmup)
Level 50: (A bit like bonespear but with a bow) OverwhelmingShot: The next shot fired in 3 seconds will have a 25% reduced velocity and in a 4 block spread will deal 100 damage.
Level 55: ManaReverse: You steal 20% of your targets mana and turn it into 50% times your next hit.
Level 60: BlindingDeath: You blind your target for 3 seconds and go invisible for 6 seconds or until you use another skill, you are slowed for 3 seconds after using this skill.
Level 65: FinalWords: (Warmup for 2 seconds) You deal 300 damage to yourself and explode your target for 200 damage.

First off, you really need to think about the damage scaling because your "new" class can basically one shot anyone.

Secondly the class has a little to much mobility for the amount of damage it has, it kinda reminds me of samurai.

And finally, I do like the idea of this class and some of the skills but if this is going to be a silence class then it should focus on left click dmg compared to all the damaging skills you currently have.

Last edited:

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
First off, you really need to think about the damage scaling because your "new" class can basically one shot anyone.

Secondly the class has a little to much mobility for the amount of damage it has, it kinda reminds me of samurai.

And finally, I do like the idea of this class and some of the skills but if this is going to be a silence class then it should focus on left click dang compared to all the damaging skills you currently have.
Yeah I do agree the class is very OP but I am only using what I have as a start. I will be adding tons more later

Ultanian

Portal
The skill I like is FinalWords, there seems to be no heavy HP sacrifice for heavy damage skills.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
What I think would be cool is a skill where if you die in X amount of time, so does your killer. There is also counter play, they can just wait for the duration to end then kill. :)

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Question for everyone: Does all armor take away the same amount of damage a weapon does or is that based on classes?

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Armor is static across all classes, its a % reduction. However some classes have other damage reduction options such as pally's door shields and necro's harmsheild skill.

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Armor is static across all classes, its a % reduction. However some classes have other damage reduction options such as pally's door shields and necro's harmsheild skill.
Thanks, I was gonna do somethin based on that!

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Few things im seeing, 1 its really overpowered. 2 skills like kick and envenom work the same across classes that share the same skill. That said kick should be an interupt and envenom should scale off of intellect.

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Few things im seeing, 1 its really overpowered. 2 skills like kick and envenom work the same across classes that share the same skill. That said kick should be an interupt and envenom should scale off of intellect.
Noted. I will work on it when I don't have mass amounts of homework. Thanks for the feedback!