• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Caster: Conjurer

Ultanian

Portal
Although Necromancers are supposed to be summoners of the undead in lore, they really don't do that on Herocraft. However, the Conjurer specializes in this, and can summon undead, machine, or living.

Lore: Once studying the arts of the arcane, these casters decided they preferred others to do work for them. And so the branch of conjuring was created. Conjurers summon entities from various worlds to fight for them, while they watch their creatures fight from afar. Also, they can teleport to and from allies, providing useful makeshift back up.

Overview: Of course, conjurers summon mobs and also teammates to attack enemies. All mobs spawned despawn after 60 seconds and only one mob type at a time. They are extremely squishy, so they must fight from afar. I had heard @Kainzo planned on removing GroupTeleport from wizard and giving to another class, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to present my idea. Anyways, let's look at the skills!

Skills:

Fireball- The same fireball we all love and hate :D
Scan- Once again, a skill that most casters have.
Minions- Summon two zombies clad in armor to fight for you. Relatively weak. Your endurance determines the armor the zombies wear.
Fireblast- Mainly used to knockback enemies.
SpiderlingWrath- Two cave spiders summoned, and target is rooted for 2 seconds. Root lasts longer based on charisma.
GroupTeleport- Your party is summoned at your location.
Hell'sBlazes- Summon a Blaze.
Squidbomb- Works like plaguebomb, but weaker and blinds target. Radius determined by charisma.
Teleport- You can teleport to a party members location.
GolemGuardians- Summon two iron golems, which will take most of the hits. Their HP is determined by your constitution.
WolfPack- Angry wolves are alerted and hunt down an enemy over long distances. The amount of wolves depends on charisma. Minimum of 4.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Cool idea for a class however I read somewhere that there were plans (or just ideas) to implement ranger style pets to Necro and Dreadknight in the form of zombies/skellies. Not 100% sure on this statement however so take it with a grain of salt

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I really love classes that have different active effects (Shaman and Bard), so I really like this idea. However, I'd rather it not have Fireball and Fireblast, I'd prefer something more unique to the class with less range, because IMO the caster should rely on the mobs to do damage instead of long range skills like Fireball.

As for your Minions skill, I think zombies with a speed effect or mini zombies would be better, because they're quite easy to outrun.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
At one point long ago, Necromancers could summon a skeleton to fight for them. However, the AI update (along with balance issues) broke them, they would no longer only attack unallied players, they would attack and hurt party members or even the necro. Or that is what I remember, it was a while ago but they had that skill at one point.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
when i saw this skills, i just heard the word OP from somewhere, it echoed around my room a few times too...
first of all, it's got WAAAY too much utility.
track, GTP, teleport, a root, semi-silence, and mobs that due to coding, would scale with distance. cave spiders at 2K+ blocks from spawn would be horrifying... also blazes are pretty OP, I found some in the nether about 1K blocks from spawn, each fireball dealt like 2 hearts each (I was lv 45~ DK).
due to ragers that think ELO is the world, you'd get so many complaints that the mobs stole their kill and didn't increase their ELO.

Ultanian

Portal
when i saw this skills, i just heard the word OP from somewhere, it echoed around my room a few times too...
first of all, it's got WAAAY too much utility.
track, GTP, teleport, a root, semi-silence, and mobs that due to coding, would scale with distance. cave spiders at 2K+ blocks from spawn would be horrifying... also blazes are pretty OP, I found some in the nether about 1K blocks from spawn, each fireball dealt like 2 hearts each (I was lv 45~ DK).
due to ragers that think ELO is the world, you'd get so many complaints that the mobs stole their kill and didn't increase their ELO.
If you had read carefully I had said mobs would only last for a minute, and when I meant log distance for wolves I meant only ~100ish blocks. Also to combat the OPness, the class will die from several hits and there is long cooldowns on mob summons.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
If you had read carefully I had said mobs would only last for a minute, and when I meant log distance for wolves I meant only ~100ish blocks. Also to combat the OPness, the class will die from several hits and there is long cooldowns on mob summons.
oh, so its a high utility shaman thats a bit more focused on damaging than supporting?
EDIT: not meant to be passive aggressive like I seem to be doing alot unintentionally... twas a question is all.

Ultanian

Portal
oh, so its a high utility shaman thats a bit more focused on damaging than supporting?
EDIT: not meant to be passive aggressive like I seem to be doing alot unintentionally... twas a question is all.
High utility yes, but for the damage part I don't think so. Yeah a blaze may seem to OP, perhaps make it not last as much. Also, the mobs spawned should be easily killed/avoided, they aren't as fast as most players.