• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Need to do something about the mobs.

Nevinryal

Glowstone
I'm not sure what to say of the other servers as my experience is mostly here on pve. In the time I have spent here I have noticed a trend, mobs here are just ridiculous.

I cannot count how many time I have seen newcomers both with nothing and with gear get solo'd here by cracked out mobs that have easily double their hp and teleport around doing just stupidly annoying bleed moves. I'm not sure what the point of all this nonsense is. Is it because newcomers should be encouraged to go to PVP from day one?

Is it because PVE is viewed only as cannon fodder for PVP hence we must make PVE miserable bit by bit? All I see here anymore is piles of items where a player once was, never to be seen again on PVE or otherwise. I'm not really sure what the objective is by doing this on the PVE server or if it's just some private joke in an attempt to run players off.

Either way it's pretty effective imho. Please, a bit more clarity as to why the goal seems focused at running eager newcomers off the server before they feel confident enough to move to PVP and add to our ranks in that respects. If we keep doing this from day one, they won't bother to stick around for day 2 and it's really a disservice to both players and the server.

Is it part of the same mob settings that apply to the other servers, are we not able to control mobs for PVE seperate from PVP etc? It's not even fun anymore at this point.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not sure what to say of the other servers as my experience is mostly here on pve. In the time I have spent here I have noticed a trend, mobs here are just ridiculous.

I cannot count how many time I have seen newcomers both with nothing and with gear get solo'd here by cracked out mobs that have easily double their hp and teleport around doing just stupidly annoying bleed moves. I'm not sure what the point of all this nonsense is. Is it because newcomers should be encouraged to go to PVP from day one?

Is it because PVE is viewed only as cannon fodder for PVP hence we must make PVE miserable bit by bit? All I see here anymore is piles of items where a player once was, never to be seen again on PVE or otherwise. I'm not really sure what the objective is by doing this on the PVE server or if it's just some private joke in an attempt to run players off.

Either way it's pretty effective imho. Please, a bit more clarity as to why the goal seems focused at running eager newcomers off the server before they feel confident enough to move to PVP and add to our ranks in that respects. If we keep doing this from day one, they won't bother to stick around for day 2 and it's really a disservice to both players and the server.

Is it part of the same mob settings that apply to the other servers, are we not able to control mobs for PVE seperate from PVP etc? It's not even fun anymore at this point.

No, it's because there is a Mythic Mobs plugin, which has recently been added and is still under development and testing. It wasn't like this before, and isn't supposed to be like this either, so have some patience on this. Try to avoid the minion and king mobs in the meantime.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

We're working on addressing these mobs - when there's a despawn timer it'll be a lot better. @Alator - can you help adjust it so when there are no players in sight the boss mob despawns? I think this will fix a lot of issues.

Nevin - thanks for the feedback, it's something we're tweaking.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
We're working on addressing these mobs - when there's a despawn timer it'll be a lot better. @Alator - can you help adjust it so when there are no players in sight the boss mob despawns? I think this will fix a lot of issues.

Nevin - thanks for the feedback, it's something we're tweaking.
I'll edit it when I get home from work tonight.

Last edited:

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
For each mob's config, under Options, put in "Despawn: true"
Be aware people, that this still means the longer you are in an area, the more Mythic Mobs there will be. Stay mobile, or stay vigilant ;)

Lostboi007

Glowing Redstone
@Kainzo @Alator are the drops being worked on as well? Having better rewards on the mythicals, not just more exp, would provide a much better incentive to fight them

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Someone thought it was a great idea to test these as a max cleric but no other class and still put them in...

IMO the mobs should be TAKEN OUT for now, until they are fully tested and balanced and drops are added. It would also be nice if there were random dungeons around the map that could have 1-3 of these spawn every few hours.

Nukadokuu

Gold
I said this earlier on a different post

"Perhaps make small temples/castles/dungeons that they could spawn at? Like one in each corner of the map, and one in each cardinal direction, and perhaps make it random which one? So say every two-six hours the server announces one has spawned, and groups have to make it to one of the temples to find it. 1/8 chance of getting the right temple right off the bat, and that's not considering if another group comes to the same one. Also, perhaps the Temples could make good use of the bosses abilities? Like for a Zombie several corridors and hallways to force casters/ranged to be smart about how to fight it, an open area for skeletons so it's harder to find cover to make an approach."

Adding to it, i do agree that they should just be taken out completely until they've been tested and worked into something manageable. Also, as far as I can tell there's no difference between Minions and Kings aside from HP, and even the different types of mobs seem the same. A Mythic Skeleton does the same thing as a Mythic Zombie or Spider, they just rush you and melee. Considering this and that they simply sink, I've just been luring them into puddles and walking away. Even discounting that, they're pretty boring and lackluster. A Bleed-style thorn mechanic, teleporting, increased HP, and DR. I know they have Rally and Bash, but those really don't do anything either (Maybe just because I'm a Ranger and try to keep some distance).

I do, however, think the Undead Hero is a good example of how they can be interesting. It can heal and forcepull, which is much better than the teleporting, or simply having a ton of HP. I actually kind of enjoy fighting these guys, and given their lower spawn chance, they don't overwhelm people like current Mythic Mobs do. I'd love to see more unique mechanics, at least different for the different mob types. Last map we had special abilities on mobs for a while; Zombies had a slow if they hit you, Skeletons could Blind you, and Spiders would make you nauseous sometimes. I'm not necessarily saying bring those back, but keep that in mind for these Mythic Mobs. Can you give them spells like we have? Respective to their "class" as compared to our character classes. Zombie = Warrior, Spider = Rogue, Skeleton = Rogue/Caster, add in Witch bosses that reflect Casters/Healers.

Or unique skills based on how they fight. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Zombie - Fireball at random, chance to slow with melee attacks, Forcepull, a variant of Holy Aura or Dread Aura(Low-damage AoE that also heals other undead for a small amount), Toss
Skeleton - Forcepush, Blizzard at target player location, a charged up AoE(Like a three second cast, forcing you to find cover before it goes off)
Spider - Forcepull, Blooddrinker, Backstab, Poison DoT every few attacks
Witch - Chain Lightning, Totems?, Dragon's Breath, Entangle

Of course they would have to spawn way less than they do now, probably as often as the Undead Hero, or in special places like mentioned above. Idk, just some random ideas from someone about to go to bed, lol.

Willrbts

Coal
I think Nukadokuu is right here. All the Mythic Mobs seem the same and there is way to many of them. When I first logged on with the Mythic Mobs, I expected to fight 1-2 a night, not 20. I don't think we need to remove them completely, just drastically reduce their numbers.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I said this earlier on a different post
I do, however, think the Undead Hero is a good example of how they can be interesting. It can heal and forcepull, which is much better than the teleporting, or simply having a ton of HP. I actually kind of enjoy fighting these guys, and given their lower spawn chance, they don't overwhelm people like current Mythic Mobs do. I'd love to see more unique mechanics, at least different for the different mob types. Last map we had special abilities on mobs for a while; Zombies had a slow if they hit you, Skeletons could Blind you, and Spiders would make you nauseous sometimes. I'm not necessarily saying bring those back, but keep that in mind for these Mythic Mobs. Can you give them spells like we have? Respective to their "class" as compared to our character classes. Zombie = Warrior, Spider = Rogue, Skeleton = Rogue/Caster, add in Witch bosses that reflect Casters/Healers.
I am genuinly glad to see someone say something good about that mob ( For once ) :D
I was the person whom wrote the code for him, and I can honestly say that I love his skillset, it provides a Unique fight as he may/maynot use certain skills, and it makes fighting him not as boring :p
( Also you forgot to mention that he talks in O - Chat too, getting that to work took foreeeever :p )

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Assuming I have time, I'm going to be making a big push on mythics this weekend. Can someone conform for me that mythics now despawn when no players are around?

I want to throw this idea out there for discussion:
Minions have a chance at dropping intermediate soulshard items for Townships 3.0, and kings have a chance at dropping completed soulshard items for Townships 3.0?.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Assuming I have time, I'm going to be making a big push on mythics this weekend. Can someone conform for me that mythics now despawn when no players are around?

Minions have a chance at dropping intermediate soulshard items for Townships 3.0, and kings have a chance at dropping completed soulshard items for Townships 3.0?.
Would they have other drops? For those of us not in/not planning on making/joining a town?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1) Boss mobs will randomly spawn off mobs (this is working)
2) Boss mobs will despawn when players get out of range (Less of them)
3) Boss mobs will drop massively more exp and loot (being worked on)

They are not being removed. They are being fixed.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

would it be too hard to just add the gladiator weapons to their drop tables until actual drops are made?