• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Need a new computer... Suggestions?

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
This piece of shit macbook pro needs to sit in my trash can once and for all, but i can't do without a computer. I need to buy a gaming LAPTOP. Any recommendations?[DOUBLEPOST=1357357703,1357352820][/DOUBLEPOST]cschris jealous of my Secretly we are gay

MidnightsFX

Glowing Redstone
I generally recommend Asus gaming laptops if that is actually what you are looking for. What price range are you looking in?

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
probs not more than $1,500[DOUBLEPOST=1357361198,1357361169][/DOUBLEPOST]do you think I could get something worth the while with that^?

MidnightsFX

Glowing Redstone
Yes most definitely. You can get quite a respectable computer for that right now. But I would like to warn you away from buying either Alienware or Dells high end series, you will be paying a considerable amount more for what you are getting than from other vendors.

Personally, I recommend either the G75VW series from Asus (here is the websites page), I have had a number of friends own past and current laptops from this series and they have proved to both be powerful and reliable.

As a side note, I would strongly recommend you choose Windows 7 as your OS for now, and that if you do not already have a high DPI(4000-6000 DPI) mouse, I recommend you get one . The reason for Windows 7, is that currently it is Microsoft's tick, so it is more reliable and most games are being geared towards that still. The mouse, is because playing with a track pad is terrible, and software acceleration for mice is rather common and makes moving through a game or any UI for that matter like steering a large boat, your turns are slow and not precise.

Lastly, as a quick comparison here is the popular Alienware outfitted to the same specs, and IBuyPower with a similar configuration.