• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mythic Mobs Suggestions

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
From testing Mythic mobs in its first form, I have a couple things to say

• The bleed percentage should be lowered by a lot, right now it makes it very hard to kill mobs even with a group.
  • The bleed should be given to fewer mobs, right now its a little ridiculous for the minions to be doing 7 hearts a piece to a group of 2-3
  • The bleed should be when the mob hits you, not you hitting the mob. This makes it very difficult for ranged classes to kill even in a group because they take so much damage
  • The blink skill is a good feature to stop people from mob grinding, but its too common. Right now every 2-3 hits the mob teleports to my back and gets a couple free hits on me
  • I know Kainzo said it would be looked at, but I have't found any rare items or picked up a larger amount of souls. In fact I'm getting less since its taking a lot longer to kill the mobs.
  • Some of the minions (Minions!!) had around 2400 health, where mobs around the location had 650.

These are just some observations, but if I find anything else I'll edit the post. I understand this plugin is new to herocraft, but I feel like these issues should be looked at sooner rather than later.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Before you read ahead, this is just a placeholder as I personally haven't came across any mobs from this plugin as of yet. I will be editing this reply (or just make a new one) once I have experienced fighting these mobs.

So, quick questions;

+Have you fought any of these mobs with a healer within your group?

If you haven't, I strongly suggest that you test fighting these mobs with a healer present. This would be because it would add more of a need for healers within PVP/ PVE rather than having a group solely based on DPS without any healers or support classes present.

(Could you please list the classes that have been fighting these mobs within your group?)

+ Do you personally think a group of 3 players should be able to easily take down one of these mobs as the loot available is very rare/ good? If so, why?

+ Do you feel like the current classes work well enough within groups while fighting these mobs? This question is based more towards support/ healing classes and now they interact with other group members and the mob themself.

+ Do you feel like certain mobs should be aiming for different amount of groups? Example; a zombie boss would be aimed at groups of 2-4 while a skeleton boss is aimed at groups of 5-8? (Could achieve this by making specific bosses a lot harder than other ones)

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Pretty much what Irish suggested..

Here are some to add:
-Only Spiders have bleed(and should only apply when the spiders hit you)
-Only Zombies have rally(I don't even know what rally does, but I guess its a buff for near mobs)
-Only Skeletons have Teleport.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Also when mobs teleport, make it so they teleport only at the surface level you are in. it is very annoying when you're fighting them and suddenly they're underground or died from fall damage because they get teleported a bit higher up.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Before you read ahead, this is just a placeholder as I personally haven't came across any mobs from this plugin as of yet. I will be editing this reply (or just make a new one) once I have experienced fighting these mobs.

So, quick questions;

+Have you fought any of these mobs with a healer within your group?

If you haven't, I strongly suggest that you test fighting these mobs with a healer present. This would be because it would add more of a need for healers within PVP/ PVE rather than having a group solely based on DPS without any healers or support classes present.

(Could you please list the classes that have been fighting these mobs within your group?)

+ Do you personally think a group of 3 players should be able to easily take down one of these mobs as the loot available is very rare/ good? If so, why?

+ Do you feel like the current classes work well enough within groups while fighting these mobs? This question is based more towards support/ healing classes and now they interact with other group members and the mob themself.

+ Do you feel like certain mobs should be aiming for different amount of groups? Example; a zombie boss would be aimed at groups of 2-4 while a skeleton boss is aimed at groups of 5-8? (Could achieve this by making specific bosses a lot harder than other ones)
There are two sorts of mobs, one is for solo killing another for a group of 2-3.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Spawn ratios must be lowered. I just got 3-man ganged by two spider kings and a skeleton king, then at the GY there were 2 zombie kings and on my way back to deathchest I saw another skeleton king and spider king. This was less than 2 minutes timespan.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Spawn ratios must be lowered. I just got 3-man ganged by two spider kings and a skeleton king, then at the GY there were 2 zombie kings and on my way back to deathchest I saw another skeleton king and spider king. This was less than 2 minutes timespan.
@Phoenix_Frenzy Is the "Despawn" Option true? If its false, I can see how this could have happened ( As the spawn rates make these mobs at least uncommon ) but if not... Etkenn you might just have had a bad day XD

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Also when mobs teleport, make it so they teleport only at the surface level you are in. it is very annoying when you're fighting them and suddenly they're underground or died from fall damage because they get teleported a bit higher up.
We can not change this, as people could just trap mobs in small holes to farm them. Sorry :_:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Pretty much what Irish suggested..

Here are some to add:
-Only Spiders have bleed(and should only apply when the spiders hit you)
-Only Zombies have rally(I don't even know what rally does, but I guess its a buff for near mobs)
-Only Skeletons have Teleport.
Mobs need most of these skills. Because "Bleed" prevents people from Spam clicking mobs to death, the Teleport prevents farming. The Rally skill actually changes the AI of nearby mobs to target a specific player. I don't recall any mobs having this skill ( That is currently Released *Wink* ) but I may be wrong.

Dewyn

Retired Staff

Furthermore, they don't despawn; yesterday I'm running around in the mountains on the way back home when suddenly I take an arrow in the back, look around, and see no fewer than 4 skeleton kings chasing me, followed by a creeper, seven zombie kings, a spider king, and an undead hero (whatever that is). They were still there a few hours ago.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Mobs need most of these skills. Because "Bleed" prevents people from Spam clicking mobs to death, the Teleport prevents farming. The Rally skill actually changes the AI of nearby mobs to target a specific player. I don't recall any mobs having this skill ( That is currently Released *Wink* ) but I may be wrong.
You also have to realize that currently they are so common that you can probably find 3 skeleton kings, 2 undead zombies, and a spider king all within 20 blocks of each other. And there's also normal mobs. In a swamp you would have to face both the mythic mobs and the swarm of other normal mobs. Can't face them when a single mythic mob bleeds you to two hearts within seconds even at a distance near spawn.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
If mythic mobs are supposed to be intended to fight against with a group, then they need to spawn only near the 3k borders of the map. Or in dungeons. Why are new players or low lvl being forced to fight these obviously strong mobs? And btw when I tested killing mythic mobs, I was a lvl 50 PALADIN. And even as a high lvl paladin, I still get down to 2 hearts within seconds because of the bleed. In fact, let's say I was facing against a spider king, the spider only managed to hit me one or two times yet I still get down to 2 hearts within seconds because of the bleed.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
We can not change this, as people could just trap mobs in small holes to farm them. Sorry :_:
Staff could wipe the levels of anyone caught farming, no questions asked. Something that makes these mobs not fun to fight shouldn't be on the server.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Why not change it to a less common teleport. Right now I feel like It teleports every 3-4 hits. Maybe something like 10-15 or just if there is a long period of uninterrupted hits.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Since when do you make these calls...
Fact is, you can trap any mobs and illegally farm it, its no different...

Phoenix_Frenzy

Soulsand
Since when do you make these calls...
Fact is, you can trap any mobs and illegally farm it, its no different...
devotedworker has been helping me with the mobs. When he says we he is referencing both me and him. Per Kainzo's request most mobs have to have the teleport. We CAN turn down the frequency, but I really enjoy the teleporting. I can increase the range so it rarely tps to your back. I can also make there a small delay before it hits you. This will give you a small chance to run away or hit them back. Does that sound better? And I will be reducing the Bleed effect to be less often. I am trying to work on the loot tables. Last time I tried they were not working, but this is all being worked on. Thank you guys for giving suggestions and being patient. I would love more people who would like to script bosses.

Lostboi007

Glowing Redstone
devotedworker has been helping me with the mobs. When he says we he is referencing both me and him. Per Kainzo's request most mobs have to have the teleport. We CAN turn down the frequency, but I really enjoy the teleporting. I can increase the range so it rarely tps to your back. I can also make there a small delay before it hits you. This will give you a small chance to run away or hit them back. Does that sound better? And I will be reducing the Bleed effect to be less often. I am trying to work on the loot tables. Last time I tried they were not working, but this is all being worked on. Thank you guys for giving suggestions and being patient. I would love more people who would like to script bosses.
THANK YOU

Ailoss

Wood
These mobs are way to ridiculous. It's a rarity to even find a normal mob other than a creeper, which personally are too abundant. I can understand a king with a few mobs surrounding him but to have 5-10 minions per small area is a bit ridiculous. The mob spawn rate needs to be fixed badly.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
These mobs are way to ridiculous. It's a rarity to even find a normal mob other than a creeper, which personally are too abundant. I can understand a king with a few mobs surrounding him but to have 5-10 minions per small area is a bit ridiculous. The mob spawn rate needs to be fixed badly.
We are aware. I'm almost certain this will be fixed in the next patch :D